Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- arcooke - 2011-04-17

Small feature request: Can you set up the "History" tab so instead of just saying "Snatched", it says like.. "Snatched [manual]" or "Snatched [automatic]"? It would help to remember what episodes I manually grabbed.. like ones I really wanted to see.

- bmfrosty - 2011-04-18

I've been considering moving over to sickbeard from my current setup, but I'm very curious as to how sickbeard matches up filenames to show names and episode titles. Can someone enlighten me?

I'm guessing as far as downloading goes, it more or less replaces sabnzbd's RSS feed reader. How it deals with renaming afterwards is what has me really curious.

Could someone enlighten me?

- arcooke - 2011-04-18

bmfrosty Wrote:How it deals with renaming afterwards is what has me really curious.

- bmfrosty - 2011-04-18

arcooke Wrote:[img]http://i.imgur.com/uSBDD.png[img]

But how does it match file names to show names, and does it get the episode name from somewhere as well? Is there an online database or something?

- midgetspy - 2011-04-18

Yes, it does it the same way XBMC does - with theTVDB.

- Reginald - 2011-04-18

bmfrosty Wrote:I've been considering moving over to sickbeard from my current setup, but I'm very curious as to how sickbeard matches up filenames to show names and episode titles. Can someone enlighten me?

I'm guessing as far as downloading goes, it more or less replaces sabnzbd's RSS feed reader. How it deals with renaming afterwards is what has me really curious.

SB is awesome, I used to use uTorrent with RSS feeds and it was a pain to keep up with, so first of all yes, I would recommend a switch.

I am sure that SB can find episode names tons of different ways but the way I had my files set up is as follows:

TV
-Show Name
--Season #
---Show Name - S##E##.ext

Sick Beard pulled in all of my existing shows with out any issue what so ever.

I am sure it can work with:
TV
-Show Name
--E##S##.ext

or

TV
-Show Name
--Season #
---E##S##.ext

How renaming works is when Sab finishes a download it calls a python script which goes out and asks thetvdb.com about the ep that was just downloaded, it then uses the information you put into the screen a few post back whether to use dashes, and a whole host of other settings to create a file name that you want. It drops the file into your finished/archive folder set in the screen posted above.

I hope that helps, that may not be 100% correct but that is my understanding of it so far.

- daemox - 2011-04-18

bmfrosty Wrote:But how does it match file names to show names, and does it get the episode name from somewhere as well? Is there an online database or something?

It uses TheTVDB.com.

Edit: And I should have read above before posting from the subscription. Smile

- iDude - 2011-04-18

Archigos Wrote:Side note, is there a way to manually add our own name exceptions? The new Hawaii Five-O show when downloaded in Sab ends up as "Hawaii Five O" and without the hyphen, it can't move it correctly. Not that big a deal and I just add the hyphen so that SB catches it... thankfully it's only once a week.

I have the same problem. Shows with a hyphen in the name don't get recognized until I put it in the filename myself.
Is there any way around that?

- Rannd - 2011-04-19

Anyone else getting these errors? I haven't made any changes in my settings in NZB providers but I still double checked and everything looks correct.

Apr-18 09:53:37 ERROR SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: The XML returned from the NZBMatrix feed is incomplete, this result is unusable
Apr-18 06:54:02 ERROR SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: No NZB/Torrent providers found or enabled in the sickbeard config. Please check your settings.
AA
AAtvdb_error: Silly upstream module timed out and didn't give a good error. Failed hitting http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF8DAC/series/194751/en.xml, error message: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
AA File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 529, in _loadUrl
AA File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 537, in _getetsrc
AA File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 754, in _getShowData
AA File "lib\tvdb_api\tvdb_api.pyo", line 823, in __getitem__
AA File "sickbeard\tvcache.pyo", line 291, in _addCacheEntry
AA File "sickbeard\tvcache.pyo", line 147, in _parseItem
AA File "sickbeard\tvcache.pyo", line 127, in updateCache
AA File "sickbeard\providers\generic.pyo", line 174, in searchRSS
AA File "sickbeard\search.pyo", line 152, in searchForNeededEpisodes
Apr-18 06:54:02 ERROR SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error while searching NZBMatrix, skipping: Silly upstream module timed out and didn't give a good error. Failed hitting http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF8DAC/series/194751/en.xml, error message: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'
Apr-18 03:36:45 ERROR SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: No data returned from TVDB, unable to update this show
Apr-18 03:36:45 ERROR SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: TVDB timed out, unable to update episodes from TVDB
Apr-18 03:34:45 ERROR SHOWQUEUE-FORCE-UPDATE :: TVDB timed out, unable to create the episode

- omegatek - 2011-04-19

iDude Wrote:I have the same problem. Shows with a hyphen in the name don't get recognized until I put it in the filename myself.
Is there any way around that?

Hmmm.. that's strange. I have no problems importing Hawaii Five-O using Sickbeard with Sabnzbd.

I used Sickbeard to add the show, Sabnzbd picks it up and then Sickbeard post processes correctly with correct filename as such:

Hawaii.Five-0.(2010).s01e01.mkv

Are you using sickbeards post processing script (ie: sabtosickbeard.exe) or sabnzbd built-in post processing?

- HenryFord - 2011-04-19

Rannd Wrote:Anyone else getting these errors? I haven't made any changes in my settings in NZB providers but I still double checked and everything looks correct.
Do you still get them? Try cleaning your cache first (sickbeard_root/cache/*) - otherwise check if the sites you are using are up and running, sometimes they are down - sickbeard will run into errors then (non-breaking errors though)

@iDude:
What is your debug-log telling you when you are processing those episodes? Maybe the downloaded files are not correct...
On what system are you sitting?

- danz0l - 2011-04-19

Is anyone else having constant timeouts with the latest sickbeard git's and tvdb.

Heres an example on a restart after a new batch of updates

Quote:2011-04-19 12:33:26.584672 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: TVDB timed out, unable to create the episode
2011-04-19 12:33:52.200658 SHOWQUEUE-ADD :: TVDB timed out, unable to create the episode
2011-04-19 12:35:34.396809 SHOWQUEUE-REFRESH :: Unable to connect to TVDB while creating meta files - skipping - Silly upstream module timed out and didn't give a good error. Failed hitting http://www.thetvdb.com/api/9DAF49C96CBF8DAC/series/164011/all/en.xml, error message: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'makefile'

Heres a full debug log

http://pastebin.com/h7a3sXZ4

I have rather a large database

396 shows (199 active) | 19614/22566 episodes downloaded

So its becoming a huge issue when sickbeard ques all the active shows for an update. It makes adding new shows or manually updatig almost impossible as it gets stuck trying to refresh. Also nfo and tbn files are not always getting generated due to tvdb slow responses.

- HenryFord - 2011-04-19

danz0l Wrote:Is anyone else having constant timeouts with the latest sickbeard git's and tvdb.
Nope, everything is working fine here...

Try cleaning your cache first (sickbeard_root/cache/*)

- danz0l - 2011-04-19

HenryFord Wrote:Nope, everything is working fine here...

Try cleaning your cache first (sickbeard_root/cache/*)

tried that, still getting major timeouts with tvdb however. I just rescaned my come dine with me folder and its timing out constantly on tvdb and hasnt created half the nfos or tbns. Sad

I wonder, can or does TVDB restrict access if an IP has used the server a lot ? The reason i ask is i had to do delete the database, reinstall sickbeard and scan in all my shows from scratch (it took near on 24 hours).

- HenryFord - 2011-04-19

I am not sure about the restriction, but I actually do not think that there are any in place. Just to make sure you could check tomorrow again.