Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ijourneaux - 2011-04-28

Orbi Wrote:An easy one indeed Smile

You have to set the final destination path for each show individually. Click on each show on the home page followed by edit once you see all the seasons and episodes of that show. It's in the same part where you can change the quality settings for the show.

I was hoping not to have to edit them one at a time but that is better than deleting and re adding the shows.

Thanks for the tip.

- ECEC - 2011-04-28

Does Sickbeard have issues with accents? I downloaded a full season nzb of Carnivale, which comes up on TVDB as Carnivàle. It looks like it succesfully copied and renamed the first episode, but it hasn't done any of the rest...

13:50:08 INFO::CP Server Thread-10 :: Processing \\daruma\Videos\Incoming\SickbeardTemp\Carnivale.S01.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ\carnivale.s01e01.dvdrip.xvid-river.avi (
Carnivale.S01.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ.nzb)
13:50:09 INFO::CP Server Thread-10 :: Analyzing name u'\\\\daruma\\Videos\\Incom
ing\\SickbeardTemp\\Carnivale.S01.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ\\carnivale.s01e01.dvdrip.xvi
d-river.avi'
13:50:21 INFO::CP Server Thread-10 :: Sending growl to localhost:23053: CarnivA*
le - S01E01
13:50:21 INFO::CP Server Thread-10 :: Writing episode nfo file to \\daruma\video
s\TV Shows\CarnivA*le\Season 01\CarnivA*le - S01E01.nfo

Edit: When I attempt to do manual processing, I get this:
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
    response.body = self.handler()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\cherrypy\lib\encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
    self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\cherrypy\_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
    return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\webserve.py", line 1363, in processEpisode
    result = processTV.processDir(dir, nzbName)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\processTV.py", line 97, in processDir
    process_result = processor.process()
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\postProcessor.py", line 706, in process
    notifiers.xbmc_notifier.update_library(ep_obj.show.name)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\notifiers\xbmc.py", line 52, in update_library
    if not self._update_library(curHost, showName=show_name) and sickbeard.XBMC_UPDATE_FULL:
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\notifiers\xbmc.py", line 170, in _update_library
    sqlXML = self._sendToXBMC(sqlCommand, host)
  File "C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\SickBeard\Sick-Beard\Sick-Beard\sickbeard\notifiers\xbmc.py", line 105, in _sendToXBMC
    logger.log(u"response: " + response, logger.DEBUG)
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xc3 in position 38: ordinal not in range(128)

Although the file is moved and renamed correctly, and the nfo/tbn file are both created just fine.

- PaulC2K - 2011-04-29

Hi,

Had a busy 24hrs installing Couch, Beardy and SAB, and im struggling to get my head around all this Post Processing stuff, and its downloading stuff, and dumping it into folders of the original release name, and unpacking it all in there.
Recently ive been using theRenamer, and looking at Beardy it can do the same things (and some) in this dept, but im guessing im missing something within my configuration and i dont quite understand what its looking for.
I've really stumbled through installing all these things, mainly because i havent found How-To's to guide me through, and ive gone as far as i think i can go without having to resort to asking for help, so here i am.

In SAB, im not specifying any PP script folder, and in Beardy under the PPC section ive entered my TV folder, unticked 'Keep original', then ticked Move, Rename, and Scan & Process.

Im using +Delete in SAB too, which i think is the best approach. Should i be using just 'Download' and letting Beardy work its magic to rename & relocate it then mop up the mess?

Im not using anything other than Couch (which i suspect will get similar results?), Beardy and SAB. Anyone know where am i going wrong? Huh

Oo Well isnt that just typical... im guessing something ive done in Sickbeard before posting has resulted in it going and shuffling all the files to my intended locations and cleaned up afterwards. Rofl

Theres a load of extra files its added too (.nfo-orig .nzb. .sfv .srr & .tbn), nfo i know but dont want, not sure i see a need for the nzb, and the other 3 are formats i dont know (though ive seen them before), do i need them, and if not how would i prevent them in future?

- nathancainer - 2011-04-29

PaulC2K Wrote:Hi,

Had a busy 24hrs installing Couch, Beardy and SAB, and im struggling to get my head around all this Post Processing stuff, and its downloading stuff, and dumping it into folders of the original release name, and unpacking it all in there.
Recently ive been using theRenamer, and looking at Beardy it can do the same things (and some) in this dept, but im guessing im missing something within my configuration and i dont quite understand what its looking for.
I've really stumbled through installing all these things, mainly because i havent found How-To's to guide me through, and ive gone as far as i think i can go without having to resort to asking for help, so here i am.

In SAB, im not specifying any PP script folder, and in Beardy under the PPC section ive entered my TV folder, unticked 'Keep original', then ticked Move, Rename, and Scan & Process.

Im using +Delete in SAB too, which i think is the best approach. Should i be using just 'Download' and letting Beardy work its magic to rename & relocate it then mop up the mess?

Im not using anything other than Couch (which i suspect will get similar results?), Beardy and SAB. Anyone know where am i going wrong? Huh

Oo Well isnt that just typical... im guessing something ive done in Sickbeard before posting has resulted in it going and shuffling all the files to my intended locations and cleaned up afterwards. Rofl

Theres a load of extra files its added too (.nfo-orig .nzb. .sfv .srr & .tbn), nfo i know but dont want, not sure i see a need for the nzb, and the other 3 are formats i dont know (though ive seen them before), do i need them, and if not how would i prevent them in future?

The easiest resolution for this would be ;

1) SABNZB - Turn off TV Sorting in Sab
2) SABNZB - Configure Cleanup List in General in Sab ".nfo, .sfv, .srr"
3) SABNZB - Configure Categories .. tv > "set completed directory ie) "e:\Complete"
4) Sickbeard - Configure Tv Download Directory to what you have set above "e:\complete"
5) Sickbeard - Tick Rename Episodes, Scan and Process ( I dont have anything else ticked in Post Processing)
6) Sickbeard - Configure the options yo want in Episode Naming I have Show Nae, Episode Name, Use Periods, Number Style (S01E02), extend for Multi-episode and my season folder format is SeasonX.

If you're using Season folders as in Show\SeasonX\ well make sure you have that also ticked to use season folders in each of your shows.

That will download, rename and move the files to the location set in the show, depending if you have Season's configured or not it will also move it to the correct folder.

::NOTE:: As on your question it will query thetvdb.com and remove the release shit so Show.Name.S01E01.Blah-HDTV-LOV.avi = Show.Name,S01E01.Blah.avi

BANG!

- thesuffering - 2011-04-29

can i get some help with the extra_scripts?
I have mine pointed to this file:

extra_scripts = "c:\permissions.js"

it is my understanding that after the post processing finishes sickbeard is supposed to run the file i specify using this in the config file. Problem is, it doesnt run that file after post processing.
if i manually double click permissions.js, it runs without issue perfectly, but i cannot seem to get it to run after post processing automatically.

this is used for iOS since sickbeard somehow doesnt set permissions right and iOS builds cannot access the file until the permissions are fixed manually.

the code for my files for those interested

permissions.js (to run cmd.exe invisibly)
Code:
var WindowStyle_Hidden = 0
var objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
var result = objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c permissions.bat", WindowStyle_Hidden)

permissions.bat (to actually change the permissions)
Code:
icacls "c:\TV Shows\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:F
exit

- PaulC2K - 2011-04-29

nathancainer Wrote:The easiest resolution for this would be ;

1) SABNZB - Turn off TV Sorting in Sab
2) SABNZB - Configure Cleanup List in General in Sab ".nfo, .sfv, .srr"
3) SABNZB - Configure Categories .. tv > "set completed directory ie) "e:\Complete"
4) Sickbeard - Configure Tv Download Directory to what you have set above "e:\complete"
5) Sickbeard - Tick Rename Episodes, Scan and Process ( I dont have anything else ticked in Post Processing)
6) Sickbeard - Configure the options yo want in Episode Naming I have Show Nae, Episode Name, Use Periods, Number Style (S01E02), extend for Multi-episode and my season folder format is SeasonX.

If you're using Season folders as in Show\SeasonX\ well make sure you have that also ticked to use season folders in each of your shows.

That will download, rename and move the files to the location set in the show, depending if you have Season's configured or not it will also move it to the correct folder.

::NOTE:: As on your question it will query thetvdb.com and remove the release shit so Show.Name.S01E01.Blah-HDTV-LOV.avi = Show.Name,S01E01.Blah.avi

BANG!

Cheers for that, looks like its working as i wanted it.
What you've said makes a lot of sense now, i think i just got muddled up with multiple PP areas, all new to me, and then when i realised that Beardy could actually come back and fix it, i wasnt considering the fact that im downloading the files and telling them to locate in with my organised structure.

Thats certainly made things far better, and hopefully i'll get my head around a couple of other things with a bit of trial & error, google, and eventually asking on here if i cant find the answer from the WWW.
I cant quite understand how ive managed without all these things for so long, and never even though anything like this was out there, and i do like a good rummage through the internet. Fantastic stuff.

- nathancainer - 2011-04-29

PaulC2K Wrote:Cheers for that, looks like its working as i wanted it.
What you've said makes a lot of sense now, i think i just got muddled up with multiple PP areas, all new to me, and then when i realised that Beardy could actually come back and fix it, i wasnt considering the fact that im downloading the files and telling them to locate in with my organised structure.

Thats certainly made things far better, and hopefully i'll get my head around a couple of other things with a bit of trial & error, google, and eventually asking on here if i cant find the answer from the WWW.
I cant quite understand how ive managed without all these things for so long, and never even though anything like this was out there, and i do like a good rummage through the internet. Fantastic stuff.

Yeah no worries, I had the same question last week when I was setting mine up. Getting the shits with SabNZB and its inability to remove the HDTV-LOL shit on my tv. So after completely disabling Sort on sab and configuring Post Processing in SB I was slamming 7 gram rocks like Charlie Sheen.. #WINNING

- rflores2323 - 2011-05-02

I was wondering why some of my episodes download the tbn files and others episodes dont. how are these generated? How can I force sickbeard to generate a tbn for the ones that are missing?

- FatBoyNotSoSlim - 2011-05-03

rflores2323 Wrote:I was wondering why some of my episodes download the tbn files and others episodes dont. how are these generated? How can I force sickbeard to generate a tbn for the ones that are missing?

These are downloaded from TheTvDB, but they have been having some problems lately, so its affecting everyone. Give them time to fix what's happening, then it should be a matter of recanning files in sickbeard to regenerate the tbn files.

- midgetspy - 2011-05-03

ijourneaux Wrote:I was hoping not to have to edit them one at a time but that is better than deleting and re adding the shows.

Thanks for the tip.

You can use mass edit in the Manage section.

- smiffy1989 - 2011-05-04

Does anyone know how to setup SickBeards WOL feature? I've made a thread on the official forum but no one has replied :/

- thezoggy - 2011-05-04

smiffy1989 Wrote:Does anyone know how to setup SickBeards WOL feature? I've made a thread on the official forum but no one has replied :/

there is none. there is some code in source for it but I don't believe it's actually ever been tested or used.

- smiffy1989 - 2011-05-04

thezoggy Wrote:there is none. there is some code in source for it but I don't believe it's actually ever been tested or used.

Yeh midgetspy said it was submitted but never implemented. Would be an awesome feature for me, I run SickBeard on my unraid server and power down my HTPC's so I can't get sickbeard to auto update the library atm Sad

- rormeister - 2011-05-05

Is it possible to configure Sab+ to do all of the post-processing and pass this over to SickBeard to update itself and update XBMC?

I see a lot of posts about how to configure SB to carry out the post-processing so just wondered if its simple enough?

thanks,
Rory

- thezoggy - 2011-05-06

rormeister Wrote:Is it possible to configure Sab+ to do all of the post-processing and pass this over to SickBeard to update itself and update XBMC?

I see a lot of posts about how to configure SB to carry out the post-processing so just wondered if its simple enough?

thanks,
Rory

if you have sab do all the post processing... then the chance for sb to do the post processing is pretty much lost... you'd then have to do 'manual post processing' in sb which pretty much defeats the automation of sb.