Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- WingmanNZ - 2011-05-07

Any chance of this Pull Request being incorporated?

https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/pull/72

I know myself and a few others here on the XBMC forums would greatly appreciate it.

- thezoggy - 2011-05-07

WingmanNZ Wrote:Any chance of this Pull Request being incorporated?

https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/pull/72

I know myself and a few others here on the XBMC forums would greatly appreciate it.

not any time soon. depends when midget will have the time to rewrite the whole naming/post processing routines... which at the moment have not even been talked about.. lots of stuff going on at the moment with sb in the backend... just wait another 1-2 weeks for the goodies to start appearing Smile

- dysan911 - 2011-05-09

Can anyone tell me, what does Snatched mean? I added a TV show recently and wanted to catch up on all the past episodes. It downloaded all of season 1 but all of season 2 show "Snatched (720p Web-DL)

I can't find any files related to season 2 on my HD either.

THanks!

- Tiny Clanger - 2011-05-09

dysan911 Wrote:Can anyone tell me, what does Snatched mean? I added a TV show recently and wanted to catch up on all the past episodes. It downloaded all of season 1 but all of season 2 show "Snatched (720p Web-DL)

I can't find any files related to season 2 on my HD either.

THanks!

"Snatched" means Sick Beard has downloaded the NZB but SABnzbd hasn't got round to doing anything with it yet - so you should find Season 2 in your SABnzbd queue somewhere...

- dysan911 - 2011-05-09

Tiny Clanger Wrote:"Snatched" means Sick Beard has downloaded the NZB but SABnzbd hasn't got round to doing anything with it yet - so you should find Season 2 in your SABnzbd queue somewhere...

THanks!. Strange thing is Sab's que is empty and when I searched my entire HD for *.nzb I didn't find anything related to season 2 of the show.

- sullydavid - 2011-05-09

dysan911 Wrote:THanks!. Strange thing is Sab's que is empty and when I searched my entire HD for *.nzb I didn't find anything related to season 2 of the show.

Are you referring to just the download queue? Do you see nothing in the completed queue? I periodically have problems with unpacking and post processing in Sab. While that is happening SB still shows "Snatched". Looking at the completed list in Sab will have more details.

- dysan911 - 2011-05-09

sullydavid Wrote:Are you referring to just the download queue? Do you see nothing in the completed queue? I periodically have problems with unpacking and post processing in Sab. While that is happening SB still shows "Snatched". Looking at the completed list in Sab will have more details.

THanks Sully. The completed que shows nothing for Season 2 of this particular show except just one. S02.720p.WEB-DL

For the heck of it I went back to Sickbeard and marked all the missing episodes as Wanted again and now it's actually downloading the individual missing episodes. Not sure what happened originally.. Maybe one of my search providers returned some incorrect info or was down. Who knows.

Seems to be working fine now.

Thanks for the quick hand though!

B.

- PaulC2K - 2011-05-10

Hi,

I've been using SickBeard for about 2wks and absolutely love it, esp as i was away for a week in the middle and came home to a server full of episodes waiting to be watched Big Grin

However ive noticed a problem im having and i dont know how to work around it.
I've added the show American Dad, its official title is 'American Dad!' but nobody really bothers with the exclamation mark in there, and as a result it isnt finding the episodes.

Is this just something im going to have to manually pull, some of the file renaming software ive seen allows you to provide a show name and its TVDB ID, is there anything like that, or even manually editing a database to rename the show, although this may lose its ability to rename??

- Coeluh - 2011-05-10

PaulC2K Wrote:Hi,

I've been using SickBeard for about 2wks and absolutely love it, esp as i was away for a week in the middle and came home to a server full of episodes waiting to be watched Big Grin

I've added the show American Dad, its official title is 'American Dad!' but nobody really bothers with the exclamation mark in there, and as a result it isnt finding the episodes.

Is this just something im going to have to manually pull, some of the file renaming software ive seen allows you to provide a show name and its TVDB ID, is there anything like that, or even manually editing a database to rename the show, although this may lose its ability to rename??

I have some similar problem with American Dad. It insists on looking for the one with the exclamation mark, but it does not look for the ones without. How do I make him look for the one without, e.g. renaming the show in sickbeard?

- ctsaligo - 2011-05-10

Hi Everybody,
Can I have an invitation for TvTorrents.com please. Sickbeard, torrent only, search so far does not work very goo for me with eztv only.
Thank you and keep up the good work!

- jason28 - 2011-05-10

PaulC2K Wrote:Hi,

Coeluh Wrote:I have some similar problem with American Dad. It insists on looking for the one with the exclamation mark, but it does not look for the ones without. How do I make him look for the one without, e.g. renaming the show in sickbeard?

The problem with American Dad is that the files that are getting released are S06, but TVDB is saying S07. TVDB is going off of the main fox site saying that we are on season 7. I don't think the scene is going to change the naming standards and TVDB is not going to change back to S06. So we are stuck with having to manually download the episodes.

- blackadaberry - 2011-05-10

Dunno if anyone knows of a solution to this...

I don't want to leave my pc on all the time as all it does is downloading but i can spend alot of time away from home at any given time.

On my return i like to turn the PC on and for the backlog to be automatically downloaded..

I like what sickbeard does but what i hate is the fact that when I switch the pc on i have to manually force the backlog of all my tv shows to download.

Am i better off with RSS feeds in sabnzbd+ and its own post processing abilities to achieve this or is there a workaround in sickbeard?

- Nick8888 - 2011-05-11

Any chance of adding the option to have more than one login username and password? I'm not worried about privileges but this could be nice also.

- DrStrange - 2011-05-11

please delete this post

- thesuffering - 2011-05-11

thesuffering Wrote:can i get some help with the extra_scripts?
I have mine pointed to this file:

extra_scripts = "c:\permissions.js"

it is my understanding that after the post processing finishes sickbeard is supposed to run the file i specify using this in the config file. Problem is, it doesnt run that file after post processing.
if i manually double click permissions.js, it runs without issue perfectly, but i cannot seem to get it to run after post processing automatically.

this is used for iOS since sickbeard somehow doesnt set permissions right and iOS builds cannot access the file until the permissions are fixed manually.

the code for my files for those interested

permissions.js (to run cmd.exe invisibly)
Code:
var WindowStyle_Hidden = 0
var objShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
var result = objShell.Run("cmd.exe /c permissions.bat", WindowStyle_Hidden)

permissions.bat (to actually change the permissions)
Code:
icacls "c:\TV Shows\*.*" /t /grant Everyone:F
exit

anyone? i hate having to manually run this file to see my shows on my atv2