Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- nflchampion - 2011-05-13

If all you're having is a sharing issue, I fixed it by making the entire folder that sabnzbd initially downloads into a shared folder. Then when the file transfers it maintains that property in the folder it gets moved to.

- vikjon0 - 2011-05-14

Quote:I've added the show American Dad, its official title is 'American Dad!' but nobody really bothers with the exclamation mark in there, and as a result it isnt finding the episodes.

It would probably be a good idea to do as sort tv and implement name substitution.
I.e. let the user specify
Quote:show-name-substitute=American Dad-->American Dad!
and also forced matching
Quote:tvdb-id-substitute:Conan-->194751

I just tested sickbeard while looking for an alternative to TED and it looks pretty great but I am not sure it works as well with torrents as TED.

- thesuffering - 2011-05-14

nflchampion Wrote:If all you're having is a sharing issue, I fixed it by making the entire folder that sabnzbd initially downloads into a shared folder. Then when the file transfers it maintains that property in the folder it gets moved to.

interesting. ill give that a try.

Problems re-setting up Sickbeard / SABNZDB - fishypops - 2011-05-15

I just lost my server main drive. It originally took ages to get this working right. Can you please help me get this working. (already spent a long time on it).

I think that I have a fairly typical install.

I have installed Sickbeard and SABNVDB.
I use astraweb and NZBMatrix

I have gone through the settings in Sickbeard and SABNZDB. I have listed what I think are the pertinent parameters required in order to
i) have Sickbeard send requests to SABNZDB
ii) SABNZDB to download the NZB's
iii) Sickbeard to post process those downloads to the correct directories.

Sickbeard and SABNZDB are located on the same Windows 7 server.

I know that it is not complete. Can you please help me get this parameterised correctly.

I have the following errors currently:
ERROR MAIN :: Unable to start web server, is something else running on port 8081?
May-15 09:12:28 ERROR MAIN :: Launching browser and exiting

There will most likely be other, but what should I look for to solve this ?

Address of my SABNZDB browser is : https://localhost:9090/sabnzbd/config/general/
Address of my Sickbeard browser is : http://localhost:8081/config/notifications/
Sickbeard is located at C:\sickbeard
My Shows are located at H:\Shows

AUTOPROCESSTV::
Rename c:\sickbeard\autoprocessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg.sampL e
to c:\sickbeard\autoprocessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg

Since both are located on the same server, I have not changed anything in the autoprocessTV file. Is the port correct ??

[SickBeard]
host=localhost
port=8081
username=
password=
web_root=

SABNZDB
General
=======
SABnzbd Host 0.0.0.0
SABnzbd Port 8080
SABnzbd Username BLANK
SABnzbd Password BLANK
Web Interface Plush Gold
Secondary Web Interface
Language

HTTPS Support
=============
Enable HTTPS - TICKED
HTTPS PORT 9090
HTTPS Certificate server.cert
HTTPS Key server.key

Tuning
======
Download Speed Limit 0
Article Cache Limit BLANK
Cleanup List BLANK

User Folders
============
============

Default Base Folder: C:\Users\redacted\Documents

Temporary Download Folder Downloads/Incomplete
Completed Download Folder Downloads/Complete

Watched Folder BLANK
watched Folder Scan Speed 5
Post-Processing Scripts Folder c:\sickbeard\autoprocessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg
Email Templates Folder BLANK
Password file BLANK

System Folder
=============
Administrative Folder admin
Log Folder logs
nzb Backup Folder BLANK

SWITCHES, Servers, Scheduling all as per inital default ?
========

Categories
C:\Users\REDACTED\Documents\Downloads\complete

Category Priority Processing Script Folder/Path Groups / Indexer tags
default normal delete autoProcessTV.cfg H:\Shows

SICKBEARD

General Configuration
Web Interface
Listen on IPv6 TICKED - should this be ticked ?
HTTP Port 8081
HTTP Username BLANK
HTTP Password BLANK

Search Options
All non-absolute folder locations are relative to " C:\Sickbeard "
Episode Search
Download Propers TICKED
Search Frequency 60
Usenet Retention 900

NZB Search
NZB Method: SABnzbd
SABnzbd URL http://localhost:9090/

SABnzbd Username REDACTED
SABnzbd Password REDACTED
SABnzbd API Key REDACTED
SABnzbd+ Config -> General -> API Key.
SABnzbd Category tv

Torrent Search not ticked

Post Processing Configuration
Post-Processing
TV Download Dir C:\Users\REDACTED\Documents\Downloads\Complete
Keep Original Files TICKED
Move Associated Files NOT TICKED
Scan and Process NOT TICKED (should this be ticked ?)

- vikjon0 - 2011-05-15

Quote:I have the following errors currently:
well, you can only have one app per ip/port....the error message is pretty clear and you need to check the config files. If I should dare to guess...you say you have SABNZDB on 9090 but that is the default SSL port, the default http port is 8081..same as sick beard...you need to move it to e.g. 8082
EDIT: Hm, maybe I got confused and the conflict was between the default port 8080 wich is also default for xbmc web server. Either way you need to check all ports

- fishypops - 2011-05-15

how in windos do you check what is running on what port ?

- fishypops - 2011-05-15

I am having a different error now (wtihout having changed anything ( but had done a re-boot).
Error trying to get result from SAB, NZB not sent: timed out

In the section :HTTPS Support, I have the setting:
Enable HTTPS = TICKED
and
HTTPS PORT = 9090,

should this be ticked ?

In Sickbeard, in the section:
General Configuration
Web Interface
Listen on IPv6 TICKED - should this be ticked ?
HTTP Port 8081
HTTP Username BLANK
HTTP Password BLANK

should it be ticked ?

- SofaKng - 2011-05-16

Is there any way to specify preference for HD quality? (ie. try to find Bluray first, then HDTV, etc)

I see the custom quality options but does it try to find the best quality automatically or just the first one that matches any the given qualities?

- HenryFord - 2011-05-16

vikjon0 Wrote:It would probably be a good idea to do as sort tv and implement name substitution.
It is already in place - for American Dad! for example it doesn't matter - it has not a problem with the "!" missing from the NZB/Torrent-Releases but rather with the problem that the scene currently releases the episodes as season 06, it should be season 07 according to thetvdb.com. This is the cause for the errors, and this is why American Dad! fails to download new episodes.

fishypops Wrote:how in windos do you check what is running on what port ?
Open Command-Line and type:
Code:
netstat -ab

fishypops Wrote:Error trying to get result from SAB, NZB not sent: timed out
It is likely that your settings are wrong - what program sends this error? Was the "port is already used" message thrown by sickbeard or by sabnzbd?
Try to delete the user-config of sabnzbd and make sure you move it to some currently unassigned port (ie. 8083).

You can activate SSL, but if you plan on internal usage (= inside your LAN) only I wouldn't recommend it as it needs more resources and is worthless if you do not use it for external communation (=outside of your LAN).

sofakng Wrote:Is there any way to specify preference for HD quality? (ie. try to find Bluray first, then HDTV, etc)

I see the custom quality options but does it try to find the best quality automatically or just the first one that matches any the given qualities?
Depends:
1. The quality set in "initially download" is the quality sickbeard will usually look for - if you set HDTV and SDTV for example, Sickbeard will first try to find the highest quality, if there is no match, it will resolve to a lesser quality.
2. The quality set in "archive" is the quality sickbeard will look for even after the episode is downloaded. So let's take the example from the first step:
Initially Download = HDTV, SDTV
Archive = HDTV

If sickbeard downloaded only the SDTV-Version of an episode but you have set HDTV in the archive-options, it will keep looking for this episode in HDTV and replaces the SDTV-Version as soon as it finds/downloads the HDTV one. If sickbeard downloaded the HDTV-Version of this episode in step one already, the episode will be marked as "finished", sickbeard will not look for anything else now.

- SofaKng - 2011-05-16

Thanks for the reply...

Here's the logic I'm trying to accomplish but doesn't seem possible:

1) Look for Bluray (highest quality) first.
2) If none is found, accept other HD versions.
3) (Optionally) Continue looking for Bluray and update files.

If I set Initial Quality to [HD] and Archive Quality to [Bluray], will it be smart enough to try and find the archive quality first and skip the initial quality download? According to the web ui, it always need to download an initial version before the archive version so it sounds like could download an HDTV version even if a Bluray version is available.

- HenryFord - 2011-05-16

sofakng Wrote:If I set Initial Quality to [HD] and Archive Quality to [Bluray], will it be smart enough to try and find the archive quality first and skip the initial quality download? According to the web ui, it always need to download an initial version before the archive version so it sounds like could download an HDTV version even if a Bluray version is available.
That is an easy fix, you might have not seen this: The boxes are multi-selectable. Hold CTRL down while selecting the items.
This way you can choose "BluRay" and "HDTV" from the "Initially" list and then only set "BluRay" on the archive list.

- SofaKng - 2011-05-16

Right, but is it smart enough to try and find the Bluray version first if I setup like you describe?

I don't want it to grab an HDTV version and then re-download a Bluray version if the Bluray version is already available from the start.

- HenryFord - 2011-05-16

sofakng Wrote:Right, but is it smart enough to try and find the Bluray version first if I setup like you describe?
yes, as mentioned: Sickbeard will always look Top-Down from your initial list: Highest quality will be searched first, if none found it will resolve to a lesser quality and searches for files in this quality, and so on. But always "Higher Quality First" (and of course BluRay > HDTV quality wise)

- SofaKng - 2011-05-16

Ahhh, OK. I didn't see that part.

It looks like it works like I had hoped. Thanks!

One last question... can I change HD to include 1080p Bluray? It looks like it's excluded for "HD". (ie. you need to use [Custom] if you want to include it)

- HenryFord - 2011-05-16

No problem Wink

For 1080p you have to choose the Custom-Setting, this is/was requested by the community around sickbeard as 1080p files are way bigger then 720p and thus should always be optional... So, at this point you have to choose the Custom-Settings, but you also can set custom-settings as default so they'll apply to newly added Shows directly. This will allow you to build an own quality-profile for your needs and you can apply it directly...