Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2011-05-21

Are multipart episodes not working? Sickbeard grabbed a nzb labeled E25-26 but it showed up in the history as E25, and the file was renamed that way. Same with Supernatural E21-22 (although it hasn't finished downloading yet, the history just shows E21).

Also, is there any performance gain to be had by removing shows that are complete? I'm running Sickbeard on a fairly low power server. There are lots of shows that I have all the eps in the quality I want, so why keep them in Sickbeard?

- gorgeth - 2011-05-21

ECEC Wrote:Are multipart episodes not working? Sickbeard grabbed a nzb labeled E25-26 but it showed up in the history as E25, and the file was renamed that way. Same with Supernatural E21-22 (although it hasn't finished downloading yet, the history just shows E21).

Also, is there any performance gain to be had by removing shows that are complete? I'm running Sickbeard on a fairly low power server. There are lots of shows that I have all the eps in the quality I want, so why keep them in Sickbeard?

Well it cannot hurt, and it WILL speed startup/shutdown of the script as well.. but unless your rocking 10s of thousands of episodes, its not gonna be that big a deal in terms of time savings/performance gains..

As far as multi-parts, they tend to never download properly/rename properly I just go in and rename it following the multi-part episode convention I have specified and then let sickbeard rename and it properly accounts for both parts being in the same file (even works for stuff like the V miniseries where it was shown as 2 parts but I have it as a single file etc.

- primetime34 - 2011-05-22

Forgive my ignorance, what does the backlog do and how does one use it?

- ECEC - 2011-05-22

gorgeth Wrote:Well it cannot hurt, and it WILL speed startup/shutdown of the script as well.. but unless your rocking 10s of thousands of episodes, its not gonna be that big a deal in terms of time savings/performance gains..

As far as multi-parts, they tend to never download properly/rename properly I just go in and rename it following the multi-part episode convention I have specified and then let sickbeard rename and it properly accounts for both parts being in the same file (even works for stuff like the V miniseries where it was shown as 2 parts but I have it as a single file etc.

Good info, thanks. FWIW, Sickbeard did handle that episode of Supernatural correctly.

primetime34 Wrote:Forgive my ignorance, what does the backlog do and how does one use it?

The backlog is made up of episodes of shows that you want, but that aren't currently found in your providers. Sickbeard will scan for these files once a week until it finds them. You add an episode to your backlog by changing the status to "wanted". You can also manually run the backlog by going to Manage > Manage Searches.

- vikjon0 - 2011-05-22

Hello!

Small problem with search / selelection.
Desperate.Housewives.S07E23 gives me a 42.1M mpg file with some pre-air content.

Is there any plans to add size intervalls per quality? and perhaps prefered file format.

EDIT:
The download contains 2 files
dh_2_eps_not1-proof-2hd.mpg
desperate.housewives.s07e23.hdtv.xvid-2hd.avi

The wrong one is picked in the post processing.

EDIT2:
Looks like both files are processed, first the .avi which is then replaced by the .mpg

//J

- primetime34 - 2011-05-22

ECEC Wrote:The backlog is made up of episodes of shows that you want, but that aren't currently found in your providers. Sickbeard will scan for these files once a week until it finds them. You add an episode to your backlog by changing the status to "wanted". You can also manually run the backlog by going to Manage > Manage Searches.

How can you force it to search what is in the backlog sooner than the once a week?

- rascalli - 2011-05-24

ECEC Wrote:Are multipart episodes not working? Sickbeard grabbed a nzb labeled E25-26 but it showed up in the history as E25, and the file was renamed that way. Same with Supernatural E21-22 (although it hasn't finished downloading yet, the history just shows E21).

IT can do this without a problem, but only if the file you download is named correct , if there is no reference for multi episode in the file name SB can not know it is a multi episode file

vikjon0 Wrote:Is there any plans to add size intervalls per quality? and perhaps prefered file format.

No plans for this at the moment , maybe post a request at google code

primetime34 Wrote:How can you force it to search what is in the backlog sooner than the once a week?

** Go to /manage/backlogOverview/ , and click on the backlog icon behind every show

Note that backlog runs :

** Limited backlog : Episodes not older then 1 week

* At start-up
* Once every 12 hours

** Full backlog : Episodes older then 1 week

* Once every 21 days

^^ for both backlogs , the PC/Server needs to be running for 12 hours or 21 days ofcourse

- akuakuka - 2011-05-24

Hi,

I downloaded sickbeard today, and it seems nice. But i many of my tv shows are in dvd .iso images. Does Sickbeard support those?

- gorgeth - 2011-05-24

In retrospect I should have mentioned that the episode also needs to exist on the scraping site as 2 episodes (for example the Smallville Finale.. is scene named as a double episode.. but on the scrapers it does not exist as 2 episodes and therefore cannot be renamed/processed as a double episode)

IE if you have this issue check the shows info in sickbeard and verify that the info there shows 2 distinct episodes rather than a single long episode !

- HenryFord - 2011-05-24

akuakuka Wrote:Hi,

I downloaded sickbeard today, and it seems nice. But i many of my tv shows are in dvd .iso images. Does Sickbeard support those?
Nope, those aren't supported.

- htpc guy - 2011-05-26

So I pretty much know that this has been asked but bare with me, I mean there are 275 pages to read and I just started using this programRolleyes
I did try a forum and google search.

Anyway, I'm new to Sickbeard and I think this is going to make my life much easier. I'm using torrents still (don't want to pay to download). Sickbeard will grab my files from my E:\Completed Downloads folder, rename them and update XBMCBig Grin

Problem is that it keeps dumping new shows at the root of the tv show folder and not in the season folder. I was using theRenamer before so all of my stuff is formated to suit its needs and not Sickbeard's

My TV show folder structure:

Code:
E:\My TV Shows\Modern Family
     |_______Season01
          |________Modern Family S01E01.avi
     |_______Season02
          |________Modern Family S02E01.avi

In Sickbeard I have the following boxes checked under config/postProcessing/Episode Naming:
Show Name
Episode Name
Quality
Air-By-Date Format (tried checked and unchecked)
Season Folder Format- tried both season%02d and Season %0d

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Season Folder Format. What do I need to put here in order for it to like folders named SeasonXXHuh

Also, if someone wants to PM me with a good nzb site (dirt cheap or free) then by all means. I only download newly airing shows so low retention is perfect.

- rascalli - 2011-05-26

nzb site has nothing to do with retention !
Do you maybe mean an usenet server ??

If so have a look here : http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1726

About nzb indexing site :

SB indexer & nzb.su & Womble are free , so use them

----

About season formats , you should use : Season %02d

What are the rest of your settings ?
Where do you save your shows ? Renaming checked ?

Also have a look per show if you have set Season Folders when you added the show.

Note that if you make those changes , SB will not move the already processed files into the season folder

- gareth108 - 2011-05-26

htpc guy Wrote:So I pretty much know that this has been asked but bare with me, I mean there are 275 pages to read and I just started using this programRolleyes
I did try a forum and google search.

Anyway, I'm new to Sickbeard and I think this is going to make my life much easier. I'm using torrents still (don't want to pay to download). Sickbeard will grab my files from my E:\Completed Downloads folder, rename them and update XBMCBig Grin

Problem is that it keeps dumping new shows at the root of the tv show folder and not in the season folder. I was using theRenamer before so all of my stuff is formated to suit its needs and not Sickbeard's

My TV show folder structure:

Code:
E:\My TV Shows\Modern Family
     |_______Season01
          |________Modern Family S01E01.avi
     |_______Season02
          |________Modern Family S02E01.avi

In Sickbeard I have the following boxes checked under config/postProcessing/Episode Naming:
Show Name
Episode Name
Quality
Air-By-Date Format (tried checked and unchecked)
Season Folder Format- tried both season%02d and Season %0d

I'm pretty sure it has to do with the Season Folder Format. What do I need to put here in order for it to like folders named SeasonXXHuh

Also, if someone wants to PM me with a good nzb site (dirt cheap or free) then by all means. I only download newly airing shows so low retention is perfect.
htpc guy: I think your problem is you didnt check the box saying "Use Season Folders" when adding the TV show, this can be fixed by editing the show: either individually by clicking on the show, then edit then the box then save, or I think all of your shows by using the manage screen, sorry im to lazy to open it and try it out but I think you can figure it out from what I said, I hope that helps

- htpc guy - 2011-05-26

Thanks guys. I will check this out tonight.

- gorgeth - 2011-05-26

gareth108 Wrote:htpc guy: I think your problem is you didnt check the box saying "Use Season Folders" when adding the TV show, this can be fixed by editing the show: either individually by clicking on the show, then edit then the box then save, or I think all of your shows by using the manage screen, sorry im to lazy to open it and try it out but I think you can figure it out from what I said, I hope that helps

Yes and once you check that box you can go into each show and "rename files" which basically runs the post processor on the show folder and moves things around to fit the scheme you want (using season folders)

As you are just getting started, i suggest you do this manually for each existing show anyhow and note the log to see if you have stuff laying around that is not identified (such as specials and shit) that you can fix to fit the xbmc/sickbeard way of doing things by renaming specials to the season 00 episode XX format..

Keep in mind that this requires that the special features in question are tagged on the scraper sites as "specials" and that it all exists (coverage seems to be spotty especially for older shows)

Good Luck and welcome to the Sick Beard club Tongue