Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Smobbo - 2011-07-06

Ok, i've got a really weird problem.

I've been using SB together with SabNZB+ for a while on my normal pc. I've recently moved and i now have a HTPC on which i've installed SB and SabNZB+.

There seems to be a problem with the autoprocessTV config file.
I think i've set it up right.

Code:
[SickBeard]
host=localhost (also tried the correct ip instead)
port=8081
username=...
password=...

However when SB downloads a NZB file it puts it in the watched folder of SabNZB+ and then it disappears. Instead of being added to the waiting line in SabNZB+ it just vanishes into thin air...Shocked!

When i disable the script in SabNZB+ (under Waitingline filter script) it works again.

Am i trying to add the SABtoSickbeard.exe script in the wrong place or am i doing something wrong with the script altogether?

I hope someone knows what i'm doing wrong (and knows a fix Wink)!

Thanks in advance!

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

steve1977 Wrote:Unfortunately, post-processing stopped working 1 or 2 weeks ago. I used to use the script "sabtosickbeard", but now the files just remain in the "comlete" folder and don't move automatically (and are not renamed).

There are 2 things, which happened in the meantime and I am not sure what of the 2 have caused it (or anything else):

1) Upgraded to R488
2) Started using reverse proxies. Tried to change the autoProcessTV.cfg file to the following (without success)
[SickBeard]
host=192.168.1.110 (no change to before)
port= (used to be 8001, which I am now leaving empty)
username=username (now changed to the one from the reverse proxy)
password=password (now changed to the one from the reverse proxy)
web_root=/TV (used to be empty, now added the "/TV" to reflect the reverse proxy address (192.168.1.110/TV)

One thought - instead of me trying to fix my issues with the sabtosickbeard script, I was curious that there may be another way to get this function working (have episodes renamed and sorted into the right folder based on the info from SB). I remember that a friend got this done without the script, but don't know how. Any thoughts?

- darkscout - 2011-07-06

Is there any way we could decide on how to do the "%0i" for the seasons.

I just noticed all of my new seasons are "Season 02" instead of "Season 2".

- HenryFord - 2011-07-06

steve1977 Wrote:One thought - instead of me trying to fix my issues with the sabtosickbeard script, I was curious that there may be another way to get this function working (have episodes renamed and sorted into the right folder based on the info from SB).
That is really easy, you could have just read the instructions of sickbeard:
http://sickbeard.com/config.html

Read the PostProcessing-Part carefully.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-06

Smobbo Wrote:However when SB downloads a NZB file it puts it in the watched folder of SabNZB+ and then it disappears. Instead of being added to the waiting line in SabNZB+ it just vanishes into thin air...Shocked!
Why do you go the "blackhole" way? Just send the nzbs directly to sabnzbd via API-Key...
The NZBs vanishes because Sab is processing it and supposedly adding it to the queue (you may have applied settings which will prevent sab from this).

Quote:When i disable the script in SabNZB+ (under Waitingline filter script) it works again.
What is "waitingline filter script"?

Quote:Am i trying to add the SABtoSickbeard.exe script in the wrong place or am i doing something wrong with the script altogether?
I actually do think so... but the only thing I currently can think of is the option "Pre-script" - a script that will be executed every time before the nzbs out of the blackhole get added to the queue. You have to add the script under Config -> Categories -> TV and there is a line "PostProcessing", choose the exe-file here. Also - check out my guide in my signature - it explains everything.

- steve1977 - 2011-07-06

HenryFord Wrote:That is really easy, you could have just read the instructions of sickbeard:
http://sickbeard.com/config.html

Read the PostProcessing-Part carefully.

I actually did read it many times. Also, it used to work perfectly. As mentioned, it now stopped working, which may be from me changing to reverse-proxies and/or me upgrading to the latest version of SB. My suspicion is that I missed some change in settings when I went to using reverse-proxies. This is how I have configured it now:

autoProcessTV.cfg [SickBeard]
host=192.168.1.110 [the IP set up for reverse proxy]
port= [left empty as it should not be needed anymore]
username=[reverse-proxy user name]
password=[reverse-proxy PW]
web_root=/TV [reverse proxy path; in other words, I can now access SB under 192.168.1.1120/TV, which works well when typing as URL]

config.ini [General]
log_dir = Logs
web_port = 9101 [port without reverse proxies]
web_host = 0.0.0.0 [made no change]
web_ipv6 = False [made no change]
web_log = 0 [made no change]
web_root = /TV [made no change]
web_username = SB USERNAME [made no change]
web_password = SB PW [made no change]

Any thoughts with or without sabtosickbeard script? Thanks in advance!

- Smobbo - 2011-07-06

HenryFord Wrote:Why do you go the "blackhole" way? Just send the nzbs directly to sabnzbd via API-Key...
The NZBs vanishes because Sab is processing it and supposedly adding it to the queue (you may have applied settings which will prevent sab from this).

What is "waitingline filter script"?

I actually do think so... but the only thing I currently can think of is the option "Pre-script" - a script that will be executed every time before the nzbs out of the blackhole get added to the queue. You have to add the script under Config -> Categories -> TV and there is a line "PostProcessing", choose the exe-file here. Also - check out my guide in my signature - it explains everything.

I can be such a dumb ass...Oo

I normally used an older version of SabNZB+, the spot where i put the script in has changed, i was indeed trying to put a postprocessing script in the preprocessing part...

I used the blackhole way to test that it wasn't a problem with that part of the whole system.

Thanks for your help! It was the little push in the right direction i needed Nerd

Now everything works as a charm Big Grin

- Kaitlyn2004 - 2011-07-07

Sorry... I simply cant read 284 pages..

I use Newsbin w/ Search and do everything manully... search, download..

With Sick Beard + sabnzbd it sounds like I can completely automate the process.

What about corrupt files? Does it handle PARing/etc.?

- CoinTos - 2011-07-07

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:What about corrupt files? Does it handle PARing/etc.?

Sickbeard will not deal with corrupt files. All sickbeard is is a middle man program. It provides sabnzbs with the information it needs to download the nzb so sabnzbs can do the dirty work. Once sabnzbs has completed, checked, and upacked it, it will execute sickbeard processing script. This will tell sickbeard to move, rename and flag the download as completed.

Now, if a download fails for any reason sabnzbs will not trigger the process script and sickbeard will do nothing to correct it. This will have to be handled by you. Once fixed, you can either manual process the fixed folder with web interface or you can force sickbeard to search and download the episode nzb again.

- Kaitlyn2004 - 2011-07-07

CoinTos Wrote:Now, if a download fails for any reason sabnzbs will not trigger the process script and sickbeard will do nothing to correct it. This will have to be handled by you. Once fixed, you can either manual process the fixed folder with web interface or you can force sickbeard to search and download the episode nzb again.

Hmm but since its an automated process I wouldn't have my hand in it... how would I even know (or rather, notice)? I'd have to stay on top of things to see if an episode is missing? :S

- thezoggy - 2011-07-07

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Hmm but since its an automated process I wouldn't have my hand in it... how would I even know (or rather, notice)? I'd have to stay on top of things to see if an episode is missing? :S

it's automated when things work right. if a poster/usenet server messes up there is only so much sab/sb can do. either a) you try again. b) try another post. just try it out and you can see what im talking about. even if the automation only works 90% of the time.. its still better than you having to do everything manually 100% of the time. sb provides a list so you can see how many episodes you have d/led thus it's easy to see if you have missed something.. or it attempted to.. thus you need to investigate to see whats up (launch sab and see..)

- darkscout - 2011-07-07

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Hmm but since its an automated process I wouldn't have my hand in it... how would I even know (or rather, notice)? I'd have to stay on top of things to see if an episode is missing? :S

Well you can check sickbeard for missed shows. It knows what was on and what is coming up. I even have a bookmark to the 'coming episodes page'

If it shows up as 'missed' for more than 24 hours I usually check into SABnzbd+ to see if it shows up as failed. If it is' I re-mark it as 'missing' and go at it again.

I'd say... maybe <1% of the time this has ever happened. And it's always the uploaders or my host's fault (nothing newsbin will do about that).

Heck in the past year I think I've maybe had 2 or 3 failed "Current" episodes (back log seaching is another story with retention).

- SofaKng - 2011-07-07

Has anybody added Pawn Stars to Sick Beard?

TVDB says that the last season was 4 but the "scene" says it was 3.

Is there any way to fix this with an exception or anything? (TVDB has locked that show so it can't be changed and it appears as though they are correct but the "scene" is wrong)

- darkscout - 2011-07-07

sofakng Wrote:Has anybody added Pawn Stars to Sick Beard?

Is there any way to fix this with an exception or anything? (TVDB has locked that show so it can't be changed and it appears as though they are correct but the "scene" is wrong)

I think he's got "Exceptions".

And this isn't anywhere near the first time this has happened.

- HenryFord - 2011-07-07

steve1977 Wrote:Any thoughts with or without sabtosickbeard script? Thanks in advance!
Try changing the web_ip to the actual IP of the machine running sickbeard, also try adding the port in the options above - maybe it will sort things out.
It is highly likely that this error occurs due to your change to a reverse proxy setup - this seems to mess things up. Does the access-log of your proxy tell you anything? Maybe some failed connection-attempts?

You could configure sab to send you e-mails on failed jobs - this way you will be informed without checking sab first. Another solution of course is checking sabs history for failed jobs (they have a red-skull in front of them).

Smobbo Wrote:I can be such a dumb ass...Oo
No worries - we're here to help out Wink

sofakng Wrote:Has anybody added Pawn Stars to Sick Beard?

This behaviour also occurs with "American Dad!" for example - unfortunately there is currently no solution whatsoever to these kind of problems. Maybe a solution will be patched in soon - but I couldn't say anything for sure. In the current state there is no solution for the problem.