Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Adeiko - 2011-08-28

One question, i've Sickbeard installed & running on my synology NAS with this guide:

http://goo.gl/b39zf

Until here no problem, all works flawlessly. But since it has been a month without updates from the oficial Sickbeard branch i was looking at @Diaoul sickbeard branch with Subliminal support (Auto-download subtitles).

https://github.com/Diaoul/subliminal
https://github.com/Diaoul/Sick-Beard

My questions:

- Can i install subliminal in my midgetspy sickbeard build? It will work?

- Is there a guide to install Diaoul sickbeard + subliminal in a Synology NAS or XBMC Live like the one i posted before?

Wourld love to have subtitle support in my sickbeard, hope midgetspy comes from where he is and accepts the pull request Sad

- thezoggy - 2011-08-28

Adeiko Wrote:One question, i've Sickbeard installed & running on my synology NAS with this guide:

http://goo.gl/b39zf

Until here no problem, all works flawlessly. But since it has been a month without updates from the oficial Sickbeard branch i was looking at @Diaoul sickbeard branch with Subliminal support (Auto-download subtitles).

https://github.com/Diaoul/subliminal
https://github.com/Diaoul/Sick-Beard

My questions:

- Can i install subliminal in my midgetspy sickbeard build? It will work?

- Is there a guide to install Diaoul sickbeard + subliminal in a Synology NAS or XBMC Live like the one i posted before?

Wourld love to have subtitle support in my sickbeard, hope midgetspy comes from where he is and accepts the pull request Sad

midgetspy has been on vacation which explains the lack of pushed updates to master. however yes there has been much work done on sb.. 49 pull requests plus a lot more that haven't been submitted for review. diaoul's fork is just that.. a fork. you can use his fork if you want but note that when midget starts pushing out updates then diaoul's wont have them unless he updates and pushes it out.. thus you will have to update yourself... as i doubt diaoul changed his source to use the auto updater properly. and if you use diaoul's changes then try to revert to midgets it is going to think you modified the source yourself and thow up the message about you being ahead of source.. thus you can't use the updater.. all easy to fix if you know anything about git. midget is back but still catching up on life.. hopefully he starts getting to some of the pull requests soon though.

- Adeiko - 2011-08-28

thezoggy Wrote:midgetspy has been on vacation which explains the lack of pushed updates to master. however yes there has been much work done on sb.. 49 pull requests plus a lot more that haven't been submitted for review. diaoul's fork is just that.. a fork. you can use his fork if you want but note that when midget starts pushing out updates then diaoul's wont have them unless he updates and pushes it out.. thus you will have to update yourself... as i doubt diaoul changed his source to use the auto updater properly. and if you use diaoul's changes then try to revert to midgets it is going to think you modified the source yourself and thow up the message about you being ahead of source.. thus you can't use the updater.. all easy to fix if you know anything about git. midget is back but still catching up on life.. hopefully he starts getting to some of the pull requests soon though.

The thing is that subtitle support has been requested some times and do not know why midgetspy did not push them to the master branch, do not know if this time will be the right one Sad

- speed32219 - 2011-09-03

I need a little guidance. I currently have Couchpotato, Headphones, Sabnzbd, and MediaFrontPage (MFP) working great. For the life of me I can not get SickBeard working.

FYI: If I open MFP, I can select videos (within XBMC Library widget) and then go to the search window and select nzb.su, type in Hot in Cleveland and then find. It will find all the shows and I can select the sab symbol next to the show listing and it downloads the nzb info and sab starts processing and downloads the show as well as post-processes it. So I know that part of the equation is working, I must be overlooking something in the SB setup.

I use nzb.su as a custom search provider setup as follows:

Provider Name: nzb.su
Site URL : http://nzb.su (Also tried with http://www.nzb.su)
API Key: My nzb.su API key (Only the key, does not include &i)

On the API key field what is the format? (i.e. just key, or &r=My Key, or &i + &r)

What I have found in getting the other programs to work, the search provider format is not common as well as the web interface settings among the different programs. Some require additional info and others don't.

Copy of my latest log:

http://pastebin.com/Zi3iF3AY

PS. Installed the latest version from git this morning, deleted all old files and directories and did a fresh install. I would post the version, but I can't find it on the pages anywhere. But then again I may be looking in the wrong place.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-04

speed32219 Wrote:I need a little guidance. I currently have Couchpotato, Headphones, Sabnzbd, and MediaFrontPage (MFP) working great. For the life of me I can not get SickBeard working.

FYI: If I open MFP, I can select videos (within XBMC Library widget) and then go to the search window and select nzb.su, type in Hot in Cleveland and then find. It will find all the shows and I can select the sab symbol next to the show listing and it downloads the nzb info and sab starts processing and downloads the show as well as post-processes it. So I know that part of the equation is working, I must be overlooking something in the SB setup.

I use nzb.su as a custom search provider setup as follows:

Provider Name: nzb.su
Site URL : http://nzb.su (Also tried with http://www.nzb.su)
API Key: My nzb.su API key (Only the key, does not include &i)

On the API key field what is the format? (i.e. just key, or &r=My Key, or &i + &r)

What I have found in getting the other programs to work, the search provider format is not common as well as the web interface settings among the different programs. Some require additional info and others don't.

Copy of my latest log:

http://pastebin.com/Zi3iF3AY

PS. Installed the latest version from git this morning, deleted all old files and directories and did a fresh install. I would post the version, but I can't find it on the pages anywhere. But then again I may be looking in the wrong place.

Any guidance will be appreciated.

Several questions would be:

1. Why are you using sickbeard in that manner? When you use Sickbeard, there's absolutely zero need to actually search manually and push shows to sabnzbd.

2. If you're using sickbeard, why are you using sabnzbd to post process and move shows?

If you want to watch Hot In Cleveland, simply set up sickbeard with all your search provider information (I use nzbmatrix, nzb.su and newzbin) and add the show "Hot In Cleveland" in sickbeard. Tell it what quality(ies) you're searching for and tell it whether you'd like it to find older episodes. I mean really it couldn't be more automated. I have 7500 TV shows in HD on my network, my total interaction outside of sickbeard's automated system has probably been less than 100 of these episodes that sickbeard just couldn't find.

- speed32219 - 2011-09-04

clubwerks Wrote:Several questions would be:

1. Why are you using sickbeard in that manner? When you use Sickbeard, there's absolutely zero need to actually search manually and push shows to sabnzbd.

Because I'm a noob to news readers, nzb's and the like. Also, when searching the forums they keep pointing you to these terrible guides on-line that don't even use basic cli setup. So I extracted what I needed for setting up sickbeard and it was using sabnzbd. When you go to sickbeard search options under search nzb's there is a drop down box that has Sabnzbd, Blackhole and NZBGet. Without any instructions on Blackhole or NZBGet, I chose Sabnzbd. As stated in my earlier post I have everything running using Sabnzbd but this. So which one should I use, I only have NZB.SU availalbe to me.

2. If you're using sickbeard, why are you using sabnzbd to post process and move shows?

Refer back to number 1.

If you want to watch Hot In Cleveland, simply set up sickbeard with all your search provider information (I use nzbmatrix, nzb.su and newzbin) and add the show "Hot In Cleveland" in sickbeard. Tell it what quality(ies) you're searching for and tell it whether you'd like it to find older episodes. I mean really it couldn't be more automated. I have 7500 TV shows in HD on my network, my total interaction outside of sickbeard's automated system has probably been less than 100 of these episodes that sickbeard just couldn't find.

How to setup the search provider information? This is the problem, there is NO guide for a newbie to even follow. And when you setup CP, MFP, HP's, they all use different web interfaces (some just x.x.x.x and others need the http:// included, some with just the API key and some with the &i and &R included for nzb.su, it is very confusing) And not one of them use the same naming conventions for the search providers! It's freaking frustrating, thank gawd for the xbmc devs and xbmc. I'm spoiled rotten!!!!!!

I am using nzb.su only, and new.newshosting.com. so for rss there is a &i=xxxxx&r=my api. For newhosting there is a user name and password. If I setup using the NZBGet instead of Sabnzbd what info do I need to fill in the variables? Sabnzbd just looks easier, since I have set that up for three other apps and there is not much to it.

- warlion - 2011-09-04

any change to add http://www.torrentleech.org

- clubwerks - 2011-09-04

speed32219 Wrote:How to setup the search provider information? This is the problem, there is NO guide for a newbie to even follow. And when you setup CP, MFP, HP's, they all use different web interfaces (some just x.x.x.x and others need the http:// included, some with just the API key and some with the &i and &R included for nzb.su, it is very confusing) And not one of them use the same naming conventions for the search providers! It's freaking frustrating, thank gawd for the xbmc devs and xbmc. I'm spoiled rotten!!!!!!

I am using nzb.su only, and new.newshosting.com. so for rss there is a &i=xxxxx&r=my api. For newhosting there is a user name and password. If I setup using the NZBGet instead of Sabnzbd what info do I need to fill in the variables? Sabnzbd just looks easier, since I have set that up for three other apps and there is not much to it.

It really doesn't matter what provider you use, but honestly bite the bullet and pay $10 for lifetime access to nzbmatrix and newzbin.

Once you do that, you determine what url you use to access sabnzbd. Personally, I use localhost:8085. Then in configuration>Search Options you check NZB Search. Set NZB Method to sabnzbd. Set the sabnzbd url to whatever you use. Cut and paste the API key field to whatever sabnzbd shows for it's API key under SABNZBD Config>General>API Key. Don't set a username and password unless you feel it's necessary. Enter SABNZBD Category as tv.

Now you go to Sickbeard Config Providers. In Provider Priorities, check all the providers you use. I personally use NZBMatrix, NZB.su and Newzbin. Drag them into whatever priority you like. I set mine up newzbin, nzbmatrix and nzb.su. Now go to Configure providers. Select NZBMatrix from the drop down, enter your username and API key. The API key can be found on the NZBMatrix site under My Account. Click Save. Do the same for Newzbin. Newzbin does not have an API, just enter your username and password. Click Save. Now go to configure custom newznab provider. Select add provider from the drop down. Enter nzb.su in the Provider Name box, https://nzb.su in the url box and the API key in that box. Click Save. You've now down the hardest part.

Now go to notifications. Click enable. I choose to check Notify on Download and Update Library. For XBMC IPTongueort, you just enter the IP address of xbmc. If it's on the same computer, it's localhost:8080. You'll also need to make sure you have XBMC setup so that it can be controlled by other programs. You may or may not enter a password. If you have mutliple XBMC install, you can also do notifications to each one by separating them with a comma, like localhost:8080,192.168.10.105:8080,etc. Click save changes.

The only other thing you need to do is make sure that you rename the autoProcessTV.cfg.sample contained in the sickbeard directory to autoProcessTV.cfg. Just rename and take sample out of the name.

Then in sabnzbd go to config>categories and add a new category called tv. Set priority to default, set processing to default and set script to sabtoSickbeard.exe. Click save.

Your setup should be done or close to done. You can fine tune things like how the files are named, but it won't really matter as it's just personal preference, it will still work fine. Now, in sickbeard, you simply add your shows. When sickbeard finds any episode of any show you're looking for using the provider info you've provided, it sends the nzb to sabnzbd. Once it's finished downloading, sab processes it and then call the sabtoSickbeard.exe script. That script moves the show to the folder you specified when you first setup the show, notifies xbmc and updates your library. It's pretty much fully automated. It definitely takes some know how to set it up, but not so much know how about how to write code or anything that a common person wouldn't know.

These forums are chalk full of people that love to help, so just ask any questions that you might have.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-04

speed32219 Wrote:How to setup the search provider information? This is the problem, there is NO guide for a newbie to even follow. And when you setup CP, MFP, HP's, they all use different web interfaces (some just x.x.x.x and others need the http:// included, some with just the API key and some with the &i and &R included for nzb.su, it is very confusing) And not one of them use the same naming conventions for the search providers! It's freaking frustrating, thank gawd for the xbmc devs and xbmc. I'm spoiled rotten!!!!!!

I'm not saying that you're using the wrong programs. I'm saying that you're using them wrong. You're not getting them working together like they were designed to. You have the right programs installed, but you're still doing all the work. The way you're doing it, you don't even need sickbeard. You could push nzbs directly to sabnzbd and do all the post processing and moving files yourself.

It's like buying a universal remote control and using all the individual remotes to control your stereo, TV, satellite box and using the universal remote to hit the dog. Big Grin

- speed32219 - 2011-09-04

clubwerks Wrote:I'm not saying that you're using the wrong programs. I'm saying that you're using them wrong. You're not getting them working together like they were designed to. Yes, that's why I posted in the first place You have the right programs installed, but you're still doing all the work. The way you're doing it, you don't even need sickbeard. You could push nzbs directly to sabnzbd and do all the post processing and moving files yourself. RIght again, that's how I checked it out to be functioning properly, including with all the other apps now. I just am having problems with sickbeard

It's like buying a universal remote control and using all the individual remotes to control your stereo, TV, satellite box and using the universal remote to hit the dog. Big Grin I have three universal remotes to turn on my htpc's only. I use other remotes to turn on tv's and dvd's and such. That's another story

Thanks for all your time, I know it takes time and patience to write lengthy responses.

Basically, I have done everything you posted of what I should do. Hence that is why I included a pastebin. Sickbeard is adding the shows and I have changed them to wanted, I can see them in Manage > Backlog view. Once in manage backlog view I select the backlog button and the previous posted pastebin is what happens. It is not working, it never sends to Sab, although it does find the shows that I either want or are missing. So all the shows I want are showing wanted, looks like they are found, but nothing happens.

I need someone to point me in the right direction by looking at the pastebin.

My keys are correct, it does find the shows, and even posts the coming episodes for christ's sake. It must be something simple, I just can't figure it out.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-04

On the API key question on nzb.su, it's just the key. After login, click your name to take you to your account and the key appears as a link. Cut and paste the key directly into sickbeard.

- Deviant Khan - 2011-09-04

First off .. great app. It's easy-to-use and well designed. It was exactly what I was looking for. I plan on donating as soon as I get a chance as this helps me get to my goal of cancelling cable.

I am getting a few messages I wasn't sure how to resolve or even if they were of concern. Can you tell me what the following error messages might mean?

Quote:2011-09-04 01:17:54.460000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading NZBMatrix URL: (, URLError(gaierror(11004, 'getaddrinfo failed'),), ) - [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed
2011-09-04 01:17:54.476000 SEARCHQUEUE-RSS-SEARCH :: Error loading Sick Beard Index URL: (, URLError(gaierror(11004, 'getaddrinfo failed'),), ) - [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed
2011-09-04 01:18:04.304000 FINDPROPERS :: Error loading NZBMatrix URL: (, URLError(gaierror(11004, 'getaddrinfo failed'),), ) - [Errno 11004] getaddrinfo failed
2011-09-04 02:17:49.097000 CHECKVERSION :: Exception generated in thread CHECKVERSION: socket error

- speed32219 - 2011-09-05

clubwerks Wrote:On the API key question on nzb.su, it's just the key. After login, click your name to take you to your account and the key appears as a link. Cut and paste the key directly into sickbeard.

Edit
Problem is with Sickbeard. It does not work with nzb.su!

After spending countless hours trying to get this to work, I signed up for NZBMatrix. put the key in and Bam, 15 shows logged to Sab for download immediately!

Note to new users that only have a NZB.SU account, it won't work. Although it does work with CP, HP, MFP but not here. Thanks for the heads up on just spend the 10 dollars and get a NZBMatrix account.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-05

speed32219 Wrote:Edit
Problem is with Sickbeard. It does not work with nzb.su!

After spending countless hours trying to get this to work, I signed up for NZBMatrix. put the key in and Bam, 15 shows logged to Sab for download immediately!

Note to new users that only have a NZB.SU account, it won't work. Although it does work with CP, HP, MFP but not here. Thanks for the heads up on just spend the 10 dollars and get a NZBMatrix account.

That can't be true, because looking at my history, it just snatched the latest breaking bad from nzb.su and every season 2 episode of Modern Family in 720p bluray earlier today. I mean like just snatched Breaking Bad 6 minutes ago.

- speed32219 - 2011-09-05

clubwerks Wrote:That can't be true, because looking at my history, it just snatched the latest breaking bad from nzb.su and every season 2 episode of Modern Family in 720p bluray earlier today. I mean like just snatched Breaking Bad 6 minutes ago.
DO you ONLY have NZB.SU enabled, you told me you had like 3 search providers in an earlier post!