Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-23

thezoggy Wrote:you do S##E##-E##.

example: S01E01-E02

Keeping in mind that this is not a sickbeard post processing naming convention. The example I gave above is, it's the repeat option.

- Kaitlyn2004 - 2011-09-24

I was running this off my desktop computer but I do not use it every day. Is there any way I can store the core files off something like dropbox so that whether I launch it on my desktop, laptop, etc. it will still always load up the latest updates + update it further?

- Oakey - 2011-09-25

clubwerks Wrote:Nothing fixed it. I ended up deleting my entire sickbeard folder and doing a fresh install. That seemed to do the trick.

think it's happened to me as well, just noticed it hadn't downloaded the new Office. It appears as if it's running but it doesn't appear to have noticed there's a new season of the office, the only thing in my upcoming shows is dexter

- clubwerks - 2011-09-25

Oakey Wrote:think it's happened to me as well, just noticed it hadn't downloaded the new Office. It appears as if it's running but it doesn't appear to have noticed there's a new season of the office, the only thing in my upcoming shows is dexter

I tried everything. It was running fine. If I manually DLd a show, it would post process it and update it's database fine. I couldn't even manually force it to find a show. A full delete and reinstall fixed it. The only bad part, and I just don't know how to avoid this, is that when I set my root dir paths to all my tv show directories, it found all my shows, but put them all back into the database as SD. I normally set up custom 720p web-dl with 720p bluray archive, so I had to manually change every show in the list.

- Ecto1 - 2011-09-26

Quote:think it's happened to me as well, just noticed it hadn't downloaded the new Office. It appears as if it's running but it doesn't appear to have noticed there's a new season of the office, the only thing in my upcoming shows is dexter

I was having the same problem as you with a couple of my shows. I deleted them from Sickbeard and then readded them as existing shows. Now they show up in the Coming Episodes tab and they are snatched and downloaded fine.

- unabatedshagie - 2011-09-26

I have a couple of shows that have recently started new seasons.

An Idiot Abroad
and
Spooks

Sickbeard doesn't seem to realise that these new seasons have started (season 2 of An Idiot Abroad and season 10 of Spooks)

According to The TV DB both shows have the correct information, just seems like SB isn't updating the shows.

Anyone have any ideas?

- FatBoyNotSoSlim - 2011-09-26

unabatedshagie Wrote:Anyone have any ideas?
Yes, it's a common error, that's even asked/mentioned on this page.

Delete the show from your database, then readd it into Sickbeard, it should be right then.

It's being caused by information of TVDB's end getting edited around, and sickbeard caching a bad copy of it (or something like that).

- thezoggy - 2011-09-26

FatBoyNotSoSlim Wrote:Yes, it's a common error, that's even asked/mentioned on this page.

Delete the show from your database, then readd it into Sickbeard, it should be right then.

It's being caused by information of TVDB's end getting edited around, and sickbeard caching a bad copy of it (or something like that).

this issue was fixed if you run sb source.
the problem was that if you had a show in sb that created it's cache then if a ep was deleted on tvdb.. sb didn't know what to do and the show is 'stuck'.

about deleting a show from sb and adding it back.. while this is an easy solution for most it has a side affect... if you don't put the quality of the episode in the filename then you lose that information when the show is deleted and when sb parses the names when adding the show back in it can't figure out the quality off the filename. thus, i'd recommend changing it so sb stores the quality in the filename then tell sb to rename the files.. then you can delete the show and add it back without a worry of losing the ep qualities.

thezoggy Wrote:this issue was fixed if you run sb source.
the problem was that if you had a show in sb that created it's cache then if a ep was deleted on tvdb.. sb didn't know what to do and the show is 'stuck'.

about deleting a show from sb and adding it back.. while this is an easy solution for most it has a side affect... if you don't put the quality of the episode in the filename then you lose that information when the show is deleted and when sb parses the names when adding the show back in it can't figure out the quality off the filename. thus, i'd recommend changing it so sb stores the quality in the filename then tell sb to rename the files.. then you can delete the show and add it back without a worry of losing the ep qualities.
I'm running SB from the source. Have been for months. Wonder why it's still happening for me?

I'll do the rename, remove and re-add method.

Thanks to both of you for the help.

- thezoggy - 2011-09-26

unabatedshagie Wrote:I'm running SB from the source. Have been for months. Wonder why it's still happening for me?

I'll do the rename, remove and re-add method.

Thanks to both of you for the help.

hasn't been very many updates lately but there has been some. latest being on sept 23rd.
https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/commits/master

thezoggy Wrote:hasn't been very many updates lately but there has been some. latest being on sept 23rd.
https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/commits/master
Yeah, I got that update, I usually open SB at least once a week and update whenever I see the update bar at the top of the page.

I didn't have to rename and re-add. I did I force full update and it seemed to pick up the new seasons.

- thezoggy - 2011-09-26

unabatedshagie Wrote:Yeah, I got that update, I usually open SB at least once a week and update whenever I see the update bar at the top of the page.

I didn't have to rename and re-add. I did I force full update and it seemed to pick up the new seasons.

correct. thats because you have the fix. the delete + add back was how you did it before the fix.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-26

I'm at my wits end with SB. I did a full reinstall. A few days of working fine and it's at it again. I do a full system reboot and immediately on reboot it snatches 12 items that it should have already found, basically all the WEB-DL versions of HD shows it's already snatched.

- Tiny Clanger - 2011-09-26

Same here — Dexter is set to initial HD TV/720P/1080P, finish 720P/1080P. Seasons 2 and 4 are in 720P, but Sick Beard highlights them as "low quality" in the list and has just re-added the 1080P versions.

Couple that with SAB's range selection deciding it doesn't want to work properly and you have a lot of tedious clicking…

I've had to mark the series as Archived just to get Sick Beard to stop continually wasting my bandwidth re-downloading something that's already at a finish quality. It's not as if my connection is particularly fast as it is!

Nothing obvious in the log (though I did notice that Newzbin was enabled despite my not having an account — and NZBMatrix was disabled even though I do have one! So some good's come of this Big Grin)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-26

Tiny Clanger Wrote:Same here — Dexter is set to initial HD TV/720P/1080P, finish 720P/1080P. Seasons 2 and 4 are in 720P, but Sick Beard highlights them as "low quality" in the list and has just re-added the 1080P versions.

Couple that with SAB's range selection deciding it doesn't want to work properly and you have a lot of tedious clicking…

I've had to mark the series as Archived just to get Sick Beard to stop continually wasting my bandwidth re-downloading something that's already at a finish quality. It's not as if my connection is particularly fast as it is!

Nothing obvious in the log (though I did notice that Newzbin was enabled despite my not having an account — and NZBMatrix was disabled even though I do have one! So some good's come of this Big Grin)

On a similar note, I had one particular episode of Good Luck Charlie that SB just decided was a better quality than what I had, even though it was the same nzb. In fact, it was the only version of that episode online. It must have queued it up 30 times to download it with the same version showing as downloaded. Big Grin