Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- clubwerks - 2011-09-28

thezoggy Wrote:if you have an initial quality of SDTV and then archive quality of SDDVD.
sb will d/l an sdtv version unless an sddvd version is there at that search.. if not then it will then at a later date replace the 'lower' quality sdtv with sddvd.

how does sb really know that the file is sdtv? well it uses the nzb/rss search results and if the file was scanned/obtain manually it scans the filename and figures out the quality.. if it can't it assumes a unknown quality.

now about my 'assumption'. if you had a file in sb and it in fact know what quality it was.. but then you blew away that information and sb couldnt parse the filename to figure out the quality it assumes it's unknown (which is the lowest quality) and with your custom quality (archive) it will just fetch to complete it's backlog queue job on fulfilling the requested archive quality.

but anyways you can just go consult the logs as they are pretty verbose and should tell you why it did what it did.

Well, tonight was the first night in over 10 days that it hasn't stopped working in the middle of the night. I made one change which seemed to coincide with when my problems started. I removed all my TV Show sources from Ember Media Manager. I leave EMM open on my laptop so that I can make changes to my movie files. That's when my problems seemed to start. So far, so good. All shows are up to date and I even tried to find an old episode of a show this morning and that worked too.

- Beer40oz - 2011-09-28

@clubwerks....

Been reading your reply's...

I must be doing something wrong since I can not find the "sabtosickbeard.exe"

I am on SABnbzd 0.6.9 am I using the right one?

In SABnbzd in categories I can seem to find the place where I need to paste this to.

I guess what I mean is:

6. Go to the "categories" tab. Set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script for your TV shows.

sabToSickbeard.py - linux/OSX SABnzbd+

or

sabToSickbeard.exe - Windows SABnzbd+

I already created the folder "script" in SAB and copied over everything from SB....

Just stuck on #6 .... in SAB in categories I don't see sabToSickbeard.exe

- thezoggy - 2011-09-28

Beer40oz Wrote:@clubwerks....

In SABnbzd in categories I can seem to find the place where I need to paste this to.

I guess what I mean is:

6. Go to the "categories" tab. Set the appropriate script as your postprocessing script for your TV shows.

or

I already created the folder "script" in SAB and copied over everything from SB....

You need to set your 'scripts' folder in sab (config > folders). I'd recommend pointing it to your autoprocesstv folder wherever you installed sickbeard. That way if sb updates you don't have to worry about copying over an updated script.

If the folder is really set correctly (make sure you restarted sab just in case), check your PATHEXT variable for your system and make sure that .exe is listed. As of 0.6.8? the scripts drop down will only list things with the extension listed in PATHEXT.

- Beer40oz - 2011-09-28

thezoggy Wrote:You need to set your 'scripts' folder in sab (config > folders). I'd recommend pointing it to your autoprocesstv folder wherever you installed sickbeard. That way if sb updates you don't have to worry about copying over an updated script.

If the folder is really set correctly (make sure you restarted sab just in case), check your PATHEXT variable for your system and make sure that .exe is listed. As of 0.6.8? the scripts drop down will only list things with the extension listed in PATHEXT.

Ok since you are saying to point it to the autoprecesstv folder in SickB then you don't need to do this step: 1 2 3

so the file in SickB "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" just take off the sample right?

Thank you sir.

1. First you should make sure you have designated a "scripts" folder. This is found on the "folders" tab of the "config" option in SABnzbd. Set it to something like "C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\scripts\" or wherever your installation of SABnzbd is. You may need to create the folder manually.

2. Open that scripts folder. Then open the folder titled "autoProcessTV" that you got with your SickBeard installation. Copy all the contents over into your "Scripts" folder.

3. Rename the "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" to just "autoProcessTV.cfg"

- clubwerks - 2011-09-28

Beer40oz Wrote:Ok since you are saying to point it to the autoprecesstv folder in SickB then you don't need to do this step: 1 2 3

so the file in SickB "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" just take off the sample right?

Thank you sir.

1. First you should make sure you have designated a "scripts" folder. This is found on the "folders" tab of the "config" option in SABnzbd. Set it to something like "C:\Program Files\sabnzbd\scripts\" or wherever your installation of SABnzbd is. You may need to create the folder manually.

2. Open that scripts folder. Then open the folder titled "autoProcessTV" that you got with your SickBeard installation. Copy all the contents over into your "Scripts" folder.

3. Rename the "autoProcessTV.cfg.sample" to just "autoProcessTV.cfg"

Correct. Just go to Config>Folders in SAB and set the Post Processing Scripts Folder to <your path to sickbeard here>\Sickbeard\autoProcessTV.

And rename the autoprocessTV.cfg.sample. That should do it.

- DrStrange - 2011-09-28

sabtosickbeard.exe is not part of a sabnzbd install. It is part of a sickbeard install and should be placed in the autoProcessTV folder. By placed I mean it does not come with sickbeard if you are running on the source but it should come with a sickbeard windows package. So if you are running sickbeard from source (You don't say if you run sickbeard from a Windows package install or from source) you normally also need to download a sickbeard package install and copy sabtoSickbeard.exe from it to the autoProcessTV folder.
Unfortunately all current (including latest build 489) and previous Windows packages currently on github for some strange reason are missing sabtosickbeard.exe so this is probably your problem.

PM me your email and I'll send you sabtosickbeard.exe from package no 458. It's quite old so maybe thezoggy can point you in the direction for a newer version. I don't use it myself as I don't keep my TV shows after watching them so don't need sabtosickbeard.exe to rename, move shows etc.

Edit: you can download sabtosickbeard.exe here

- thezoggy - 2011-09-28

just grab the latest sabToSickBeard from the latest windows binary posted on sb's googlecode page.

no idea what would happen if you started to use wrong versions.. bad things?

- thezoggy - 2011-09-28

I guess what I mean is:

or

http://sickbeard.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10

- Kaitlyn2004 - 2011-09-29

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:I was running this off my desktop computer but I do not use it every day. Is there any way I can store the core files off something like dropbox so that whether I launch it on my desktop, laptop, etc. it will still always load up the latest updates + update it further?

Hmm, anyone?

- thezoggy - 2011-09-29

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Hmm, anyone?

run from source?

- Beer40oz - 2011-09-29

Sweeet! thanx you guys I got it working correctly....
Now the show to the folder where it EXTRACTS to is still there with 2 files in it that I don't need. Can the folder automatically be deleted? or I have to do it manual?

And is SickBeard in config/post processing...

Scan and Process i have this unchecked is this correct?

* I had to restart SAB now my files that I don't need do get deleted.... Smile this is awesome.

- Desisuperman - 2011-09-29

clubwerks Wrote:I actually have both those boxes ticked off and then I use the field below (METADATA) to create XBMC metadata. Select XBMC in the drop down and then tick off everything you want. Sickbeard will then make perfect metadata that is XBMC compatible.

i kind of like using the original ones... they usually seem to have more info. it would be great if you can keep the original .nfo files and move it along with the video file

- clubwerks - 2011-09-29

Desisuperman Wrote:i kind of like using the original ones... they usually seem to have more info. it would be great if you can keep the original .nfo files and move it along with the video file

I'm not saying you can't. I just use Ember and I like the control over my files.

- clubwerks - 2011-09-29

Beer40oz Wrote:Sweeet! thanx you guys I got it working correctly....
Now the show to the folder where it EXTRACTS to is still there with 2 files in it that I don't need. Can the folder automatically be deleted? or I have to do it manual?

And is SickBeard in config/post processing...

Scan and Process i have this unchecked is this correct?

Normally, you can leave that unchecked. I actually have mine checked because I set that folder up to be where I might DL an occasional torrent. So, my torrent downloads to a completely different folder than my normal sabnzbd tv folder and when sickbeard checks that folder, if there's anything there it processes it. Works great for that application.

- djzee - 2011-09-30

EDIT: I have found the problem. For some reason the "Use season folders" function got turned off across all the shows! I have turned it back on and will see how it goes

Guys I need help Sad

I have set up the Sabtosickbeard.py in SAB categories and have configured sickbeard as described here. SAB passes the downloaded file to sick beard, the processing happens but sick beard doesn't put the episode in the season folder, it just leaves it in the shows main folder!

Any ideas how to get sick beard to correctly copy the episode into the appropriate season folder?

Many thanks!

PS: here is the log from SABnzbd showing in the download page (from executing the sabtosickbeard.py)

Loading config from /applications/sick-beard/autoprocesstv/autoProcessTV.cfg
Opening URL: http://localhost:8081/home/postprocess/processEpisode?nzbName=How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP.nzb&quiet=1&dir=%2FUsers%2Fmacmini%2FDownloads%2Fcomplete%2FHow.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP
Processing folder /Users/macmini/Downloads/complete/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP

Processing /Users/macmini/Downloads/complete/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP.avi (How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP.nzb)

Found result in history: (75760, 7, [])

Parsed /Users/macmini/Downloads/complete/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP.avi into How I Met Your Mother - S7E3 - HDTV.XviD (ASAP) [ABD: False]

Checking scene exceptions for a match on How I Met Your Mother

Looking up How I Met Your Mother in the DB

Lookup successful, using tvdb id 75760

Loading show object for tvdb_id 75760

Retrieving episode object for 7x3

The old status had a quality in it, using that: SD TV

SB snatched this episode so I'm marking it as priority

Is ep a priority download: True

There is no existing file so there's no worries about replacing it

This download is marked a priority download so I'm going to replace an existing file if I find one

Destination folder for this episode: /Volumes/My Book 2TB/PleX MEDIA/TV Shows/How I Met Your Mother/

Moving file from /Users/macmini/Downloads/complete/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP.avi to /Volumes/My Book 2TB/PleX MEDIA/TV Shows/How I Met Your Mother/How I Met Your Mother - S07E03 - Ducky Tie.avi

Deleting folder /Users/macmini/Downloads/complete/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP

Processing succeeded for /Users/macmini/Downloads/complete/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP/How.I.Met.Your.Mother.S07E03.HDTV.XviD-ASAP.avi