Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Abe Froman - 2011-10-05

clubwerks Wrote:No, it will just delete it from the Sickbeard db, it won't touch what you already have. When you add it, you can use the add existing shows and SB will find it automatically.

Well that worked, but why did I have to do that? If I have other shows like that how would I know?

- unabatedshagie - 2011-10-05

Abe Froman Wrote:Well that worked, but why did I have to do that? If I have other shows like that how would I know?

Seems like it was a bug, it has been fixed (if you run from source), not sure which build it was fixed in so I don't know if any of the exe versions available for download have the fix in it.

- Abe Froman - 2011-10-05

unabatedshagie Wrote:Seems like it was a bug, it has been fixed (if you run from source), not sure which build it was fixed in so I don't know if any of the exe versions available for download have the fix in it.

Great news, thanks!

- thezoggy - 2011-10-05

unabatedshagie Wrote:I had this problem.

A couple of solutions were suggested.

1. Delete and re-add shows. SB should pick the new series up.
2. If your running from source you can just force full update from the menu at the top

build 489 fixed it.

- Beer40oz - 2011-10-06

Why is it that some downloads have a folder named "rtorrent" inside? I am not downloading any torrents right? I don't have torrents checked ON in Sick Beard....

- thezoggy - 2011-10-06

Beer40oz Wrote:Why is it that some downloads have a folder named "rtorrent" inside? I am not downloading any torrents right? I don't have torrents checked ON in Sick Beard....

you may want to double check you don't have some p2p or torrent app running in the background.

.deb file for sickbeard - Mar2zz - 2011-10-10

I've made a deb file for *buntu/mint-users to install sickbeard.

Installation: Download file and open it with softwarecentre, or open it in terminal with sudo dpkg -i sickbeard.deb.

It has also a systemwide executable with extra options to make maintenance easier (type sickbeard --help in terminal for all the options). It installs as a service by default, which settings can be set in /etc/default/sickbeard.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/18712538/LaSi_repo/sickbeard.deb

It's only 4,4 KB, it will install all sickbeard by git cloning, or, if git is not installed, by downloading (wget) the sickbeard-tarball and extract it to /opt/sickbeard. this way it doesn't matter when you install the debfile, it will always install most recent source.

- jverdeyen - 2011-10-11

I've been trying to rename my Season folder like this:

/share/Serie/Serie S01/episode.avi

instead of

/share/Serie/Season 01/episode.avi

I've changed the Post Processing Season folder field to this '%sn S%02d'

Without any success. Now sickbeard just adds files to the root folder of the Serie.

Any idea how I can fix that? Or what could be the correct solution?
Thx!

- thezoggy - 2011-10-11

jverdeyen Wrote:I've been trying to rename my Season folder like this:

/share/Serie/Serie S01/episode.avi

instead of

/share/Serie/Season 01/episode.avi

I've changed the Post Processing Season folder field to this '%sn S%02d'

Without any success. Now sickbeard just adds files to the root folder of the Serie.

Any idea how I can fix that? Or what could be the correct solution?
Thx!

read the config page, there is only 2 formats that you can use.. 'Season %2d' and 'Season %02d'. you can not use sabs variables in sickbeard.

- jverdeyen - 2011-10-12

thezoggy Wrote:read the config page, there is only 2 formats that you can use.. 'Season %2d' and 'Season %02d'. you can not use sabs variables in sickbeard.

And will this ever be supported in the future?

- joshhansen - 2011-10-12

I am trying to set up sickbeard for the first time. I followed the step by step instructions and seem to have it working generally well. However, I am having two problems.

1. I can't seem at add all my tv shows that i had scraped previously with media companion. They are in a folder called "C:\Videos\TV" yet when I add that folder (it has about 50 different shows with their own individual folders and season folders) it seems to be hanging on "Loading shows." When I select an individual show folder i.e. "Archer" it shows me each season as if its a different show. How can I get it to scan all my previously created NFOs? Does it just take a super long time for a lot of shows (I let it run for a couple of hours)

2. I downloaded one show yet it transfered over weird files along with the show (i.e. srv files and a couple others I did not recognize). How do I get it to stop doing this (using it in conjunction sabnzbd)

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to read through and find the information on this board and google. Any help is greatly appreciated.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-12

joshhansen Wrote:I am trying to set up sickbeard for the first time. I followed the step by step instructions and seem to have it working generally well. However, I am having two problems.

1. I can't seem at add all my tv shows that i had scraped previously with media companion. They are in a folder called "C:\Videos\TV" yet when I add that folder (it has about 50 different shows with their own individual folders and season folders) it seems to be hanging on "Loading shows." When I select an individual show folder i.e. "Archer" it shows me each season as if its a different show. How can I get it to scan all my previously created NFOs? Does it just take a super long time for a lot of shows (I let it run for a couple of hours)

2. I downloaded one show yet it transfered over weird files along with the show (i.e. srv files and a couple others I did not recognize). How do I get it to stop doing this (using it in conjunction sabnzbd)

I have spent quite a bit of time trying to read through and find the information on this board and google. Any help is greatly appreciated.

To add a show one by one, you need to drill down to the shows folder, ie:

c:\tv shows\archer

is where you'd point it to find Archer. Then within that folder you'd have \season 01\filename.<ext> \season 02\filename.<ext> etc.

You can't just point it to a TV Shows folder.

As for the extra junk, there's a tick box in post processing that says move associated files. Uncheck that.

- joshhansen - 2011-10-12

Is there a way to add all of the tv shows at once? Or do I have to narrow it down one show at time?

Thanks for your help.

- isamu.dragon - 2011-10-12

joshhansen Wrote:Is there a way to add all of the tv shows at once? Or do I have to narrow it down one show at time?

Thanks for your help.
yes

- clubwerks - 2011-10-12

joshhansen Wrote:Is there a way to add all of the tv shows at once? Or do I have to narrow it down one show at time?

Thanks for your help.

Yes, it can be kind of tricky though if your shows are installed on other computers. You have to use the Add Existing Shows feature and then point it to the TV Shows directory where your shows are at. Any show not already in your db will be added. If the show directory resides on another computer share, you need to edit the config file to point at those shares because sickbeard does not allow you to search your networks on that screen or even input a network location. There's a few tutorials online. Once you edit the config file, you need to restart sickbeard for the new paths to be included. Once you restart, you just use the Add Existing Show feature and point it to the remote directory and boom you're done.

There's also a slightly long way around this. You can add a show that is contained on a remote directory as a new show and put it in your default Sickbeard location. Then when sickbeard creates the folder, go to that directory and delete it. Now go to the show and the path should be red because it's no longer there. Hit Edit. In the location dialog box, you'll actually have to enter the path to the show that already exists on the remote directory. Something like this:

\\another-pc\d\tv shows\Archer

Then hit submit and rescan files. Boom.