Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Kaitlyn2004 - 2011-10-16

I don't have a computer that I leave on 24/7... or consistently access daily.

So I was thinking of getting a VPS server that I could run Sick beard off of. Unfortunately, paying $20/month for a remote server to run sick beard just does not seem to make any sense!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could make this work for my situation, since I don't/won't have a 24/7 device?

Edit: I should mention - i'm not looking to set up sick beard to DOWNLOAD shows, only help me build library of shows I watch + keep track of upcoming episodes...

- HenryFord - 2011-10-17

Why do you want a 24/7 box then? If you only want to manage your media, that makes not a whole lot of sense. Just run it locally on your machine and you can manage your shows, there is no 24/7-machine necessary.

- Tuckr - 2011-10-17

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:Edit: I should mention - i'm not looking to set up sick beard to DOWNLOAD shows, only help me build library of shows I watch + keep track of upcoming episodes...

That's what trakt.tv is for isn't it?

- clubwerks - 2011-10-18

Kaitlyn2004 Wrote:I don't have a computer that I leave on 24/7... or consistently access daily.

So I was thinking of getting a VPS server that I could run Sick beard off of. Unfortunately, paying $20/month for a remote server to run sick beard just does not seem to make any sense!

Does anyone have any suggestions for how I could make this work for my situation, since I don't/won't have a 24/7 device?

Edit: I should mention - i'm not looking to set up sick beard to DOWNLOAD shows, only help me build library of shows I watch + keep track of upcoming episodes...

That's like buying a car because you need a clock.

- Paraffin - 2011-10-20

This might have been asked before but it would be great if you could have an option to download an episode again using a different nzb. I know CouchPotato has this feature and its quite useful.

Thoughts?

Love Sickbeard btw

- clubwerks - 2011-10-20

Paraffin Wrote:This might have been asked before but it would be great if you could have an option to download an episode again using a different nzb. I know CouchPotato has this feature and its quite useful.

Thoughts?

Love Sickbeard btw

I don't think you can do that, but honestly it would probably be easier to just find the nzb you wanted and send it to sab yourself. Sickbeard will still post process it for you.

- hermy65 - 2011-10-20

i just updated to version 489 after noticing that some of my shows were not updating. Is there any way to force a complete update of all of my shows from thetvdb to make sure i didnt miss anything?

- Paraffin - 2011-10-21

clubwerks Wrote:I don't think you can do that, but honestly it would probably be easier to just find the nzb you wanted and send it to sab yourself. Sickbeard will still post process it for you.

It kind of defeats the object of using sickbeard if I search myself Smile

Obviously I use the solution you offered but just thought it would be a good feature and easy to implement..

- clubwerks - 2011-10-21

Paraffin Wrote:It kind of defeats the object of using sickbeard if I search myself Smile

Obviously I use the solution you offered but just thought it would be a good feature and easy to implement..

I agree. But at this point, you're acting like me trying to apply an 8 hour fix to a 5 second problem. Big Grin

- azgul - 2011-10-21

Is it planned to implement support for NotifyMyAndroid?

- mtehonica - 2011-10-21

The directory for all my shows has changed so I tried to do a mass update in SB and it's failing. I went to Manage and changed root dir to "/raid/media/TV Shows" but I get errors on every show...

Oct-21 10:04:00 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: D:\Media\TV Shows\Lucky Louie != /raid/media/TV Shows/D:\Media\TV Shows\Lucky Louie
Oct-21 10:04:00 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: For show Lucky Louie changing dir from D:\Media\TV Shows\Lucky Louie to /raid/media/TV Shows/D:\Media\TV Shows\Lucky Louie
Oct-21 10:04:00 ERROR CP Server Thread-2 :: Errors: [u'New location /raid/media/TV Shows/D:\\Media\\TV Shows\\Louie (2010) does not exist']
Oct-21 10:04:00 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: D:\Media\TV Shows\Louie (2010) != /raid/media/TV Shows/D:\Media\TV Shows\Louie (2010)
Oct-21 10:04:00 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: For show Louie (2010) changing dir from D:\Media\TV Shows\Louie (2010) to /raid/media/TV Shows/D:\Media\TV Shows\Louie (2010)

Obviously, "D:\Media\TV Shows" was the old directory. Am I doing something wrong?

- SofaKng - 2011-10-21

I've searched the forums and it looks like TrollHD MPEG-2 posts are always ignored.

Can I change this? I don't mind downloading these huge files if nothing else is available...

- HenryFord - 2011-10-21

mtehonica Wrote:Obviously, "D:\Media\TV Shows" was the old directory. Am I doing something wrong?
I think the best step in this case is to do a completely new setup. Since you probably already have the nfo-files, thumbnails, etc. it shouldn't take too long. So - clear out the db and do a new scan.
The paths to every show is probably set as a full-path to that show in the database.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-23

sofakng Wrote:I've searched the forums and it looks like TrollHD MPEG-2 posts are always ignored.

Can I change this? I don't mind downloading these huge files if nothing else is available...

Set your quality to download (other).

- Beer40oz - 2011-10-23

Ok noob question im on alpha build 488 and I see the 489 is out....
How do I update? I know I have to update manual....

so just drag and drop ? replace old files? thanx