Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- clubwerks - 2011-10-25

HenryFord Wrote:I have a problem which is getting increasingly annoying: My shows do not auto-update anymore. I do not know why this is suddenly happening and how to fix this... I am running from source on Windows. And everything in Sickbeard is working fine, except that a lot of shows do not get updated and thus new episodes do not get downloaded until I hit the "Force Full Update"-Button for that show and afterwards I have to click the search-icon manually.... Does anyone have a clue why this is happening all of a sudden?

I had this same problem about a month ago. I think you can track my progress in figuring it out. I tried everything. I tried removing shows, reinstalling SB. Everything. Everything would work for one day. I finally figured out, by process of elimination, that leaving EMM open and tied to my TV Show databases was causing the problem. So, I deleted all the TV Show sources from EMM and never had another problem. Not sure if that's your problem. Maybe something similar.

- HenryFord - 2011-10-25

Mhm... I don't use EMM or any other media-manager software, nothing is accessing my shows except sickbeard...

Maybe I will just go the hard road and set SickBeard completely new up... still... it's at least odd.

- dsimages - 2011-10-27

Total Noob Here-

im actually new to usenet and sickbeard. Not new to xbmc.
I need alittle help with my directories. Currently I have a directory of E:\TV Shows and E:\Movies.
I also have a dir of E:\Sabnzbd downloads\complete and E:\Sabnzbd downloads\temp.

the temp is obviously for temp storage while downloading. I just dont understand where/which dir gets input into the settings. I also dont understand the categories inside SABnzbd.

with my current setup, tv shows are downloading into the \complete folder.
I manually browse for movies to download on nzbmatrix and I have sabnzbd looking at a watch folder for those movie nzb's that i download from the site.

anyhelp?

- JustinAiken - 2011-10-27

Those are all SABnzbd questions, do you have Sickbeard setup?

- dsimages - 2011-10-27

yes i do. I have all my tv shows imported. all of my usenet info is there. What should my "TV Download Dir" be?

- clubwerks - 2011-10-27

dsimages Wrote:Total Noob Here-

im actually new to usenet and sickbeard. Not new to xbmc.
I need alittle help with my directories. Currently I have a directory of E:\TV Shows and E:\Movies.
I also have a dir of E:\Sabnzbd downloads\complete and E:\Sabnzbd downloads\temp.

the temp is obviously for temp storage while downloading. I just dont understand where/which dir gets input into the settings. I also dont understand the categories inside SABnzbd.

with my current setup, tv shows are downloading into the \complete folder.
I manually browse for movies to download on nzbmatrix and I have sabnzbd looking at a watch folder for those movie nzb's that i download from the site.

anyhelp?

You don't really put any directories into Sickbeard's settings. Sickbeard sends the NZB to Sabnzbd and assigns it the category TV (for example). Sabnzbd knows to post process anything in the category TV with SabToSickbeard.exe because that's what you tell it to do. So, when the download is finished, Sabnzbd does it's thing, call the .exe and Sickbeard then processes the file (renames it, adds metadata info) and places it in the proper directory and folder based on the setup for that particular show.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-27

dsimages Wrote:yes i do. I have all my tv shows imported. all of my usenet info is there. What should my "TV Download Dir" be?

None. You CAN use that, but not for automated processing of nzbs. I actually set up a folder where uTorrent dumps the occasional TV show and Sickbeard will post process that folder automatically because I told it to in the settings. But for automation, read my last post.

- dsimages - 2011-10-27

ok, im starting to understand this... ( im coming from Media Center Master)

in sickbeard, under the congif>general tab it wants to know my tv download dir.
i put E:\TV Shows

in sabnzb i have a category labeled tv with the directory as E:\TV Shows. I also have a category in sabnzb labeled movies with the directory as E;\Movies, and another label "other" with dir as E;\SABnzbd downloads\completed

in sickbeard under post processing I have all 4 boxes ticked, In sabnzb i have sorting turned off.

sound about right?

- dsimages - 2011-10-27

in dont have sabtosickbeard.exe
Nevermind

- clubwerks - 2011-10-28

dsimages Wrote:ok, im starting to understand this... ( im coming from Media Center Master)

in sickbeard, under the congif>general tab it wants to know my tv download dir.
i put E:\TV Shows

in sabnzb i have a category labeled tv with the directory as E:\TV Shows. I also have a category in sabnzb labeled movies with the directory as E;\Movies, and another label "other" with dir as E;\SABnzbd downloads\completed

in sickbeard under post processing I have all 4 boxes ticked, In sabnzb i have sorting turned off.

sound about right?

No. You don't put a TV Download Dir in Config>Post Processing.

In Config>Search Settings, assign the NZB Method to SABNZBD. Point the SABNZBD URL to the local url. Get the API key from the Config page in SABNZBD and input it in the API Key field. Assign a SABNZBD Category. Let's call it TV to keep it simple.

In SABNZBD, go into the categories settings and set up one called TV. Assign it whatever priority you want, + Delete for processing and SabToSickbeard.exe in the script box. Hit Add. That's pretty much it.

Come back when you're that far along if you have any more questions or it's not working. I'm also assuming that you have set up for search providers in Sickbeard because it will not work without that.

- clubwerks - 2011-10-28

If you don't have SabToSickbeard.exe, you need to follow the directions for getting that configured in the proper place and you also need to make sure you've renamed the sickbeard autoprocesstv.cfg.sample file to autoprocesstv.cfg.

- dsimages - 2011-10-28

clubwerks Wrote:no. You don't put a tv download dir in config>post processing.

In config>search settings, assign the nzb method to sabnzbd. Point the sabnzbd url to the local url. Get the api key from the config page in sabnzbd and input it in the api key field. Assign a sabnzbd category. Let's call it tv to keep it simple.

In sabnzbd, go into the categories settings and set up one called tv. Assign it whatever priority you want, + delete for processing and sabtosickbeard.exe in the script box. Hit add. That's pretty much it.

Come back when you're that far along if you have any more questions or it's not working. I'm also assuming that you have set up for search providers in sickbeard because it will not work without that.

10-4

- clubwerks - 2011-10-28

Report back if you need more help. I'm doing crown molding today, so I'm just looking for a reason not to work. Big Grin

- dsimages - 2011-10-28

clubwerks Wrote:If you don't have SabToSickbeard.exe, you need to follow the directions for getting that configured in the proper place and you also need to make sure you've renamed the sickbeard autoprocesstv.cfg.sample file to autoprocesstv.cfg.

just finished that part.

- dsimages - 2011-10-28

while i am setting up the category, after selecting the script, there is a box for a "folderpath"

what should this be?