Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- xexe - 2010-02-09

midgetspy Wrote:This is just because last time you started it your TVDB cache was stale so it had to update it, this time it is already cached so it doesn't download anything.

That makes sense then. Just to get this straight once or twice? a day SB donwloads each show zip and all relevent artwork from tvdb?

If this starup delay is caused by an update then i suggest it makes sense never to update at startup. When I am done adding my shows the startup delay will be in the order of 40 minutes lol

- timmeh.asrock - 2010-02-09

Why does Sickbeard need to connect to IRC?

Is there anyway to modify the REGEX Sickbeard uses when searching to download a new NZB.

At the moment it searches for SHOWNAME - S01E01, can this be changed?

Also if I add a new show is it seems that Sickbeard is unable to create a new directory?

- midgetspy - 2010-02-10

timmeh.asrock Wrote:Why does Sickbeard need to connect to IRC?

Is there anyway to modify the REGEX Sickbeard uses when searching to download a new NZB.

At the moment it searches for SHOWNAME - S01E01, can this be changed?

Also if I add a new show is it seems that Sickbeard is unable to create a new directory?

Sick Beard doesn't connect to IRC.

Why would you want to change it? The string is different for every provider and matches every show I'm aware of except CSI. If you have a show that isn't being found on a search please let me know.

Unless you're making it in an invalid or unwritable location it will create a folder for you. If it isn't doing that please log a bug.

And xexe it downloads from TVDB once a day right now. Hopefully when they release the new API it will be able to download only changes but currently it downloads everything (info only, not images). I would suggest maybe just adding your shows that are currently airing for now, no need to have your whole library on it until the performance is proper (aka once a beta is out).

- webmosher - 2010-02-10

Hi Midgetspy,

It looks like the timeout I tried with NZBS.org no longer works. I actually see no delay between the request and the error report. Perhaps they are blocking this client, or the python urllib user agent? I believe I am just getting a blank result set on requests. When I have had timeouts before, I usually get a 503.

Other browsers (Firefox, MSIE, links2, even wget) seem to get data okay.

Thanks.

- xexe - 2010-03-17

Just for info.

The other day sickbeard pulled tow fake nzbs from tvnzb. So instead of two 350MB eps it pulled two 25GB eps (i.e. 50GB total of random crap).

Perhaps some size sanity checking is in order?

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-03-17

xexe Wrote:Just for info.

The other day sickbeard pulled tow fake nzbs from tvnzb. So instead of two 350MB eps it pulled two 25GB eps (i.e. 50GB total of random crap).

Perhaps some size sanity checking is in order?

Yeah i got that too... Family Guy episode... I noticed it started downloading
before it aired on TV so i was waiting for the download to finish. After a while i
checked and it said it was going to take a few hours to finish... That's when i
saw the size!

Adding a show with no folder structure created - Pr.Sinister - 2010-03-17

So before, when adding a non-existent show, i didn't seem to have a problem.

Lately though, i've run into a few snags.

The Pacific : I had no folder created for it and i did add a single show, gave the
folder name, it then returned a list of shows that matched it on TheTVDB and I
picked the proper one.

Sick Beard showed the show being loaded at the bottom of the list. This was
taking long. I kept refreshing and i didn't see the show listed in my continuing shows.

Sick Beard had created the folder and that was it. I then created a Season 1
folder inside there and re-added the show. Everything worked properly after that.

Justified : Did the same thing and added the show with no folder already made.
Again, this took forever to load but i was patient and finally it showed in my
list of shows. In the list, it showed the number of episodes at ? / ? (or was it
just ?). Looking at Coming Episodes, the show wasn't there although the
premiere was later that night. Looking inside the folder, i could see there was
no Season 1 folder, no folder.jpg and no fanart.jpg. Only tvshow.nfo was present.

I created the Season 1 folder and did a Force Full Update on the show. Now
all the unaired episodes showed up, the premiere was in the coming episodes
but still no poster or fanart. I had to use Media Companion to scrape those.

-Pr.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-17

Pr.Sinister Wrote:So before, when adding a non-existent show, i didn't seem to have a problem.

Lately though, i've run into a few snags.

The Pacific : I had no folder created for it and i did add a single show, gave the
folder name, it then returned a list of shows that matched it on TheTVDB and I
picked the proper one.

Sick Beard showed the show being loaded at the bottom of the list. This was
taking long. I kept refreshing and i didn't see the show listed in my continuing shows.

Sick Beard had created the folder and that was it. I then created a Season 1
folder inside there and re-added the show. Everything worked properly after that.

Justified : Did the same thing and added the show with no folder already made.
Again, this took forever to load but i was patient and finally it showed in my
list of shows. In the list, it showed the number of episodes at ? / ? (or was it
just ?). Looking at Coming Episodes, the show wasn't there although the
premiere was later that night. Looking inside the folder, i could see there was
no Season 1 folder, no folder.jpg and no fanart.jpg. Only tvshow.nfo was present.

I created the Season 1 folder and did a Force Full Update on the show. Now
all the unaired episodes showed up, the premiere was in the coming episodes
but still no poster or fanart. I had to use Media Companion to scrape those.

-Pr.

There's no way I can fix this without a log.

About size restrictions, I'm not sure if I can even get that info via RSS, I'll have to look. The obvious solution is to use a better index site ;-P

- shoppedude - 2010-03-17

Prior to Sick Beard I was using TV Rename. However, the command line options were stripped from the latest versions and so the scheduled task was no longer an option. I discovered Sick Beard and have been in love ever since.

One thing that I miss about TV Rename was the ability to show me missing episodes across all shows so I would know what I needed to look for. Sick Beard does this, too, on the Coming Episodes tab.

However, one thing I've noticed is that Sick Beard assumes a show is no longer missing once the status has changed to "snatched." In theory, this would work well, except that there are occasions where either Sabnzbd has an issue with the torrent, or the download file name doesn't match as it should and so the communication from Sabnzbd back to Sick Beard to move the file doesn't occur (mostly Law and Order - "and" vs "&", "SVU" vs "Special Victims Unit", etc.). When this happens I have to manually "find" the missing episode, or manually look for remaining download folders that should have been processed.

Would it be possible to set an episode to a "pending" type status in the Coming Episodes tab, maybe by changing the color to yellow, when it has been snatched and then clear it from there only after the Sabnzbd process and correlated file renames/moves/etc have completed? Maybe evaluate a return code in the .py processing script and if it's good have the .py script update the database to "Downloaded" status?

Here's a screenshot of what I have in mind:

[/url]

Second request: for the various tables throughout the app, would it be possible to make them sortable on header-click? There's a fairly simple javascript that can do this at [url=http://www.terrill.ca/sorting/]http://www.terrill.ca/sorting/, among many other places.

Thanks!
Shoppedude

- luthan - 2010-03-17

just got this and started playing around with it
one thing i noticed that i hope is possible to do...
is there a way to specify specific strings required when selecting the episodes to download? Lets say I want episodes downloaded only from a certain group. Or vice versa that I don't want episodes with "core2hd" downloaded.

Not yet - but you can add to the existing request - gavinc - 2010-03-17

luthan Wrote:just got this and started playing around with it
one thing i noticed that i hope is possible to do...
is there a way to specify specific strings required when selecting the episodes to download? Lets say I want episodes downloaded only from a certain group. Or vice versa that I don't want episodes with "core2hd" downloaded.

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=169 - add your thoughts to this? Big Grin

G

- luthan - 2010-03-17

ah well at least im not the only one
great tool so far, i really like it

- blacklist - 2010-03-17

On the latest version, Sab started giving me this error on post processing:

Loading config from C:\SickBeard-r424\autoProcessTV\autoProcessTV.cfg
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "sabToSickBeard.py", line 30, in <module>
File "autoProcessTV.pyc", line 52, in processEpisode
File "ConfigParser.pyc", line 531, in get
ConfigParser.NoSectionError: No section: 'SickBeard'

Any clue what I've messed up?

- midgetspy - 2010-03-17

Looks like your autoProcessTV.cfg is missing or empty or something.

Also shoppedude I like that idea, I'll look into adding it. In the meantime feel free to put it on google code so I don't forget.

- Fluxi - 2010-03-18

Looks like my post processing script stopped working.
When i run it in a shell it works perfect. But when SAB tries to run it i get the following error.

/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python: can't find '__main__.py' in ''

I'm using SABnzbd trunk.

Any ideas ?