Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Headshrinker - 2012-02-18

Hello everyone

I'd like to know how can I indicate to sickbeard that I want file with alredy incrusted subtitles. For example : Chuck.S01e01.VOSTFR.avi

Another question : How can I get files from binnews.in (mostly frenchspoken files) with sickbeard ?

Thanks

- TeKo - 2012-02-18

I think both doesnt work right now SB is for englisch language only.

- Oakey - 2012-02-19

I seem to be having recurring issues with SickBeard not knowing there are upcoming episodes for certain shows, specifically The Office (US) and ocassionally Family Guy.

I don't know whether it's because these two shows have the most amount of episodes in the collection and all the files are just in one folder or what.

The only way to resolve it is to delete the show from SB and re-add it, at which point it updates with thetvdb.com and get the next few upcoming episodes that have air dates. Once these have been snatched it doesn't seem to check again for the next lot of upcoming episode air dates and I have to do the same over again.

Any ideas? there are no errors in the logs.

- vikjon0 - 2012-02-19

Quote:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I seem to be having recurring issues with SickBeard not knowing there are upcoming episodes
Me to, have to to do a LOT of force update lately.

- TeKo - 2012-02-19

Had no problems with FG and Office always got latest episodes.

But I am using python source master on Windows maybe its a problem with the Windows build I think Win is a bit behind in updates.

- HenryFord - 2012-02-20

Oakey Wrote:The only way to resolve it is to delete the show from SB and re-add it, at which point it updates with thetvdb.com and get the next few upcoming episodes that have air dates.
A force update from the show's site in sickbeard should be sufficent to trigger a thetvdb.com-update. I have these issues at times as well, with some other series though. I also watch FG, but I don't have problems with that one - seems somewhat radom, doesn't it?
However: Deleting/Readding should not be necessary...

- vikjon0 - 2012-02-20

Quote:seems somewhat radom, doesn't it?
I am not sure exactly what is what, but if the TVDB is not updated (or read by SB I guess) until after airdate things get screwed up. The missing shows are set to skipped instead of wanted. I understand why but i feel it should be possible to sort out with a workaround somehow.

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-20

vikjon0 Wrote:I am not sure exactly what is what, but if the TVDB is not updated (or read by SB I guess) until after airdate things get screwed up. The missing shows are set to skipped instead of wanted. I understand why but i feel it should be possible to sort out with a workaround somehow.

TVDB allows users to input data, so if you know the air date for the tv show from a reliable source (tvrage, wikipedia has air dates, epguides, tv.com, etc.) then you can update it and contribute.

once you updated the air dates, sickbeard will update and everything will be working smoothly.

- Ski-lleR - 2012-02-20

Headshrinker Wrote:Hello everyone

I'd like to know how can I indicate to sickbeard that I want file with alredy incrusted subtitles. For example : Chuck.S01e01.VOSTFR.avi

Another question : How can I get files from binnews.in (mostly frenchspoken files) with sickbeard ?

Thanks

What i do is index newsgroup by myself with newznab (need a bit a work the first day, to adjust group, regex, retention etc...), with that you can have category where all french series or vostfr series go for example, after that you edit newznab scraper of sickbeard, for put the categoryID to watch in the api

The same apply for couchpotato & headphones

- vikjon0 - 2012-02-20

Quote:once you updated the air dates, sickbeard will update and everything will be working smoothly.
No, it will not. If the airdate is in paste time when I do the update the show will be set to skipped. There are some logic to handle the relation airdate-today but I in my view it could be improved. Yes, I can do all this manually but that is kind of the wrong answer when discussing an automation tool. Yes, patches are welcome and I think it would not be a big deal, but it is kind of hard to test. I would would have to set up a dummy show...

- krish_2k4 - 2012-02-20

vikjon0 Wrote:No, it will not. If the airdate is in paste time when I do the update the show will be set to skipped. There are some logic to handle the relation airdate-today but I in my view it could be improved. Yes, I can do all this manually but that is kind of the wrong answer when discussing an automation tool. Yes, patches are welcome and I think it would not be a big deal, but it is kind of hard to test. I would would have to set up a dummy show...

It only works if users update tvdb with the relevant information. Anyone can go into tvdb and update the info.

sickbeard will then update (automatically) with the new info. not sure what time they it updates but it does update if there is new information at a certain time. you don't have to manually update sickbeard as it will get all the info and send new episodes to sabnzbd when they are available.

new episodes should be listed as "unaired" when you go into the tvshow, when sickbeard searches for new episodes it will get them....

Sickbeard is at the mercy of tvdb, so users have to update the info so sickbeard can work properly.

- TeKo - 2012-02-20

When I select "Any" as Quality does it prefer HD or SD?
I want SD > HD because I dont have the space atm but some of the older stuff isnt available in SD anymore.

- vikjon0 - 2012-02-20

Quote:It only works if users update tvdb with the relevant information. Anyone can go into tvdb and update the info.

Ok, we stop now. You are explaining the concept of the tvdb, I am talking about the python code in the application. Do not worry about it....

- thezoggy - 2012-02-20

TeKo Wrote:When I select "Any" as Quality does it prefer HD or SD?
I want SD > HD because I dont have the space atm but some of the older stuff isnt available in SD anymore.

if you tell sb to use multiple qualities.. its going to go with the best available at that search. so if you were searching for SD and HD and both were posted.. it'd go with HD.

- thezoggy - 2012-02-20

vikjon0 Wrote:No, it will not. If the airdate is in paste time when I do the update the show will be set to skipped. There are some logic to handle the relation airdate-today but I in my view it could be improved. Yes, I can do all this manually but that is kind of the wrong answer when discussing an automation tool. Yes, patches are welcome and I think it would not be a big deal, but it is kind of hard to test. I would would have to set up a dummy show...

for an upcoming ep.. if sb is running and the ep is past the current time.. its marked a wanted. if you shut down sb and start it back up (or if the ep aired while sb was off) it then uses your default status. which for most is 'skipped' unless you changed it (go add a new show, step 3).