Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

RE: Sick Beard - dkplayaclub - 2013-07-24

So there is a working Addon for XBMC somewhere? I am lost. Please let me know how to get this working.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, - jacraoot - 2013-07-28

And if you are having trouble setting this up on freeNAS: How to Guide

RE: Sick Beard - GreyHairedGamer - 2013-07-29

Hey! New user to Sickbeard here, and so far I like it! I am configuring my first XBMC installation on a new HTPC, so forgive me if my questions sound n00bish. :-)

I'm curious how best to use Sickbeard with gathering up old episodes of shows that I'm wanting to have on hand. Take shows like Dexter or Breaking Bad that are on the air now, but I'd like to get copies of the entire show to watch. I know that Sickbeard probably won't find the entire run of these shows, so am I better off just downloading them manually and merging the folders together or turning on the torrent option and seeing if Sickbeard finds them?

I'm also curious about where the shows are actually coming from? I know I didn't re-up my usenet subscription, nor do I see a place to put in a username and password for a service, so I'm curious how they are getting downloaded. Sorry if I'm missing something, but it's quite the impressively expansive program, and I'm not sure I've got a handle on how it all functions yet.

Thanks in advance! And thanks for the great program.

Bob

RE: Sick Beard... - gibxxi - 2013-07-29

Sickbeard is not a downloading App Bob. It's a searcher / cataloguer that passes information about the content you want off onto a NZB / Torrent app for it to do the downloading, then parses the resulting downloaded files. It renames them (if required) to fit your existing chosen naming style and then moves them to the "TV Show" folder you declared when you set up Sickbeard. Sickbeard is like your own personal "P.A." for TV shows.

Sickbeard may be able to find all your old episodes. It depends on the popularity of the show in question, and your Usenet provider's retention as to how many of the missing episodes it can trigger for download. A lot of larger series on usenet are uploaded by Season, so you may get lucky. You can always fill the gaps with Torrents later on. Better to download as much as you can "off radar" via Usenet than do the slow method via torrents IMHO.

RE: Sick Beard - clubwerks - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-29, 02:35)GreyHairedGamer Wrote: Hey! New user to Sickbeard here, and so far I like it! I am configuring my first XBMC installation on a new HTPC, so forgive me if my questions sound n00bish. :-)

I'm curious how best to use Sickbeard with gathering up old episodes of shows that I'm wanting to have on hand. Take shows like Dexter or Breaking Bad that are on the air now, but I'd like to get copies of the entire show to watch. I know that Sickbeard probably won't find the entire run of these shows, so am I better off just downloading them manually and merging the folders together or turning on the torrent option and seeing if Sickbeard finds them?

I'm also curious about where the shows are actually coming from? I know I didn't re-up my usenet subscription, nor do I see a place to put in a username and password for a service, so I'm curious how they are getting downloaded. Sorry if I'm missing something, but it's quite the impressively expansive program, and I'm not sure I've got a handle on how it all functions yet.

Bob

What you're missing is that sickbeard works with sabnzbd. So you're going to need to have usenet access. Sickbeard watches indexing sites for the release you want and when it finds the show in the correct quality, it sends the nzb to sabnzbd and then postprocesses it into the correct location when it's done. It is possible to find older episodes of shows. When you add a show to sickbeard, set the older episodes to wanted and it will search for those episodes and get them downloaded for you. Although I'll tell you, you're likely to have to hunt and search for a lot of them manually. Sickbeard can still post process these for you even if you have to find them manually or use torrents. There's a folder location in config>post processing call TV Download Dir. Enter a folder location and when you download something manually, have it download to this folder and sickbeard will process it for you.

RE: Sick Beard - GreyHairedGamer - 2013-07-29

(2013-07-29, 06:18)clubwerks Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 02:35)GreyHairedGamer Wrote: Hey! New user to Sickbeard here, and so far I like it! I am configuring my first XBMC installation on a new HTPC, so forgive me if my questions sound n00bish. :-)

Bob

What you're missing is that sickbeard works with sabnzbd. So you're going to need to have usenet access. Sickbeard watches indexing sites for the release you want and when it finds the show in the correct quality, it sends the nzb to sabnzbd and then postprocesses it into the correct location when it's done. It is possible to find older episodes of shows. When you add a show to sickbeard, set the older episodes to wanted and it will search for those episodes and get them downloaded for you. Although I'll tell you, you're likely to have to hunt and search for a lot of them manually. Sickbeard can still post process these for you even if you have to find them manually or use torrents. There's a folder location in config>post processing call TV Download Dir. Enter a folder location and when you download something manually, have it download to this folder and sickbeard will process it for you.

Well...I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm telling you I have several episodes that have downloaded, and I don't see any evidence that uTorrent had anything to do with it (just as an alternate possibility). I'm watching the new episode of True Blood that downloaded over night on to my drive even as we speak. So...yeah, I'm not sure what I did or didn't do, but I have not setup any newsreader on this machine at all.

Is there a step-by-step setup guide for Sickbeard anywhere? The instructions I've been looking at seem kind of hit or miss, and the stuff on the main area of the Sickbeard website are kind of thin.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot...but maybe there is still something I'm missing. I DO understand that it's simply a searching and cataloging program...but the files are getting to my drive from somewhere, and I just don't know how it's happening. LOL (cue twilight zone music here)

Thanks for all your help guys! I'm slowly, but surely getting the hang of all this. :-)

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - phreaq - 2013-08-01

(2013-05-19, 18:16)HenryFord Wrote: However - it'd be nice to see some kind of handling for failed files ...

I'm using a custom SB build that does this. I got it from here https://github.com/Tolstyak/Sick-Beard/

any failed downloads are marked as fails, SB will then go looking for another version, and won't pull down the failed ones again and again.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - clubwerks - 2013-08-02

(2013-07-29, 22:48)GreyHairedGamer Wrote:
(2013-07-29, 06:18)clubwerks Wrote:

Bob

Well...I'm not sure what's going on, but I'm telling you I have several episodes that have downloaded, and I don't see any evidence that uTorrent had anything to do with it (just as an alternate possibility). I'm watching the new episode of True Blood that downloaded over night on to my drive even as we speak. So...yeah, I'm not sure what I did or didn't do, but I have not setup any newsreader on this machine at all.

Is there a step-by-step setup guide for Sickbeard anywhere? The instructions I've been looking at seem kind of hit or miss, and the stuff on the main area of the Sickbeard website are kind of thin.

Sorry if I sound like an idiot...but maybe there is still something I'm missing. I DO understand that it's simply a searching and cataloging program...but the files are getting to my drive from somewhere, and I just don't know how it's happening. LOL (cue twilight zone music here)

Thanks for all your help guys! I'm slowly, but surely getting the hang of all this. :-)

I ain't rocket science man. If you haven't configured a usenet service and haven't configured it to use sabnzbd, it's either got to be from torrents or it's got nothing to do with sickbeard. It's pretty easy to check. Click the history tab and see what shows up.

If sickbeard downloaded it, the show will have two entries, one that says snatched and one that says downloaded. If it came from somewhere else, like you downloaded it and placed it in your post processing folder for sickbeard to process it, it will only have an entry that says downloaded. If there's nothing in your history, sickbeard didn't do it. It simply cannot work without a) having a working usenet account, b) having sabnzbd configured properly to accept downloads from sickbeard and c) having sabnzbd configured to use your usenet account and login.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - dhead - 2013-10-01

I'm officialy removing SB from my server.
f***ing spyware.

https://github.com/mr-orange/Sick-Beard/commit/4216f0dc0f19e761c7c9e3de34c10da2cc31f9d2#commitcomment-4216907

Edit: The developer replied and stated that it's a simple user counter and that this commit will be removed.
I don't trust developers that feel compelled to keep track of their users and this all the more true when it comes to an open source project that supposedly develop by people that use it and not for financial gain.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - steve1977 - 2013-12-07

XBMC has updated its naming convention some time ago (with introduction of XBMC Frodo). Would love to see the change also reflected in SB.

Show metadata - tvshow.nfo (unchanged)
Episode metadata - Season##\filename.nfo (unchanged)
Show Fanart Image - fanart.jpg (unchanged)
Show Folder Image - poster.jpg (previously was "folder.jpg")
Episode Thumbnail - episodefilename-thumb.jpg (previously was "Season##\filename.tbn")
Season Thumbnail - season##-poster.jpg (previously was "season##.tbn")

Source: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBMC_v12_(Frodo)_FAQ

Thanks in advance for considering for the next SB release!!!

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & T... - MindTooth - 2013-12-07

(2013-10-01, 01:03)dhead Wrote: I'm officialy removing SB from my server.
f***ing spyware.

https://github.com/mr-orange/Sick-Beard/commit/4216f0dc0f19e761c7c9e3de34c10da2cc31f9d2#commitcomment-4216907

Edit: The developer replied and stated that it's a simple user counter and that this commit will be removed.
I don't trust developers that feel compelled to keep track of their users and this all the more true when it comes to an open source project that supposedly develop by people that use it and not for financial gain.

Not the official Sick Beard version. This is the correct one without spyware: https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & T... - steve1977 - 2013-12-11

(2013-12-07, 10:14)steve1977 Wrote: XBMC has updated its naming convention some time ago (with introduction of XBMC Frodo). Would love to see the change also reflected in SB.

Episode Thumbnail - episodefilename-thumb.jpg (previously was "Season##\filename.tbn")

Thouhgts?

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & T... - thezoggy - 2014-01-22

(2013-12-07, 10:14)steve1977 Wrote: XBMC has updated its naming convention some time ago (with introduction of XBMC Frodo). Would love to see the change also reflected in SB.

some of these changes have already been made in the dev branch..
https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/wiki/ChangeLog

Some further changes are coming to round that out. Look for the xbmc12+ metadata target in the next build.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & T... - thezoggy - 2014-02-03

(2014-01-22, 22:47)thezoggy Wrote:

some of these changes have already been made in the dev branch..
https://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/wiki/ChangeLog

Some further changes are coming to round that out. Look for the xbmc12+ metadata target in the next build.

Latest metadata changes pushed out to development branch a few days ago. Adds support for season-all poster/banner. season banners. the ability to have poster and banner (not just one or the other). with other numerous tweaks and updates. Push to master/new build coming within the next few days.

RE: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - steve1977 - 2014-02-04

Fantastic, thanks a lot!!!