Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2010-03-26

Having a couple of issues, some of might have to do with TheTVDB going down earlier:

- Coming Episodes screen doesn't/didn't list this week's Office and 30 Rock. Grabbed Community just fine, though.

- It's not finding the second episode of Justified for some reason. I have it set to grab HD versions and there's clearly one when looking at Newzbin manually. Here's a piece of the log:

Code:
Mar-26 16:51:06 INFO     CP Server Thread-10 :: Searching for download for Justified - S01E02 - Riverbrook
Mar-26 16:51:06 INFO     CP Server Thread-10 :: Searching for Justified - S01E02 - Riverbrook
Mar-26 16:51:06 INFO     CP Server Thread-10 :: Searching newzbin for Justified - S01E02 - Riverbrook
Mar-26 16:51:06 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-10 :: Search string: http://v3.newzbin.com/search/?sort=ps_edit_date&u_nfo_posts_only=0&hauth=1&areadone=-1&u_v3_retention=17280000&feed=csv&category=8&searchaction=Search&area=-1&fpn=p&q=Attr%3AVideoF%7Ex264+Attr%3AVideoF%7E720p+Attr%3ALang%3DEng+%28%5E%22Justified+-+1x02%22+OR+%5E%22Justified+%282010%29+-+1x02%22%29+AND+NOT+%22%28Passworded%29%22+AND+NOT+%22%28Password%29%22&u_url_posts_only=0&u_comment_posts_only=0&order=desc
Mar-26 16:51:07 DEBUG    CP Server Thread-10 :: rawResults: []
Mar-26 16:51:07 INFO     CP Server Thread-10 :: No downloads were found

The weird thing here is that when I go into the details of the show, Sickbeard tells me the dir is missing, but it does exist. Refreshing show details doesn't help either.

- Another show (Important Things with Demetri Martin) is not updating or generating nfos and whatnot. I might have more, I haven't really dug into it yet. The shows exist in the same folder as the others, with the same naming schemes, but it's been over a week and Sickbeard hasn't picked them up or generated a nfo file. Where can I look to troubleshoot this?

- midgetspy - 2010-03-27

The Office & 30 Rock are probably due to TVDB, yes. Mine worked just fine.

The Justified 1x02 HD report on Newzbin isn't tagged as 720p so SB doesn't find it.

Somebody else had a problem with dirs being reported missing but they weren't, I don't know what's up with that. Nothing has changed in that area at all. Show me a log of a refresh maybe?

About the missing NFO/TBN, show me a log of a refresh and I'll take a look.

Would be scraping-only possible? - rbonon - 2010-03-27

Hello, I would love a command-line scraper that I could schedule with cron on my Linux server to update nfo/tbn/etc of *already downloaded* tv shows. Any chance to get just that out of sickbeard? I download my stuff using a seedbox, so I do not neet the news group stuff.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-27

If you just disabled all the providers and added your shows to Sick Beard it'd gen metadata every night for you when it updated the shows... so not exactly what you want but similar.

- xexe - 2010-03-27

If SB is running on a remote box and does not have access to the location where the files are eventually stored are there any options for population of your dbase collection?

- ECEC - 2010-03-27

midgetspy Wrote:The Office & 30 Rock are probably due to TVDB, yes. Mine worked just fine.

Still working on this one. Installed the newest version and tried a manual update of 30 Rock, and got this message:

Code:
Mar-27 09:36:39 DEBUG    SEARCH :: sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE status IN (1, 3) AND airdate <= 733858
Mar-27 09:36:39 DEBUG    SEARCH :: 79488: Finding the episode which airs next
Mar-27 09:36:39 DEBUG    SEARCH :: sickbeard.db: SELECT * FROM tv_episodes WHERE showid = 79488 AND airdate >= 733858 AND airdate <= (SELECT airdate FROM tv_episodes WHERE showid = 79488 AND airdate >= 733858 AND status = 1 ORDER BY airdate ASC LIMIT 1) and status = 1
Mar-27 09:36:39 DEBUG    SEARCH :: 79488: No episode found... need to implement tvrage and also show status

Looking on TheTVDB, there are more episodes listed. Do you want me to post the full log files.

Quote:The Justified 1x02 HD report on Newzbin isn't tagged as 720p so SB doesn't find it.

Ah, that makes sense. It grabbed a file last night at some point.

Quote:Somebody else had a problem with dirs being reported missing but they weren't, I don't know what's up with that. Nothing has changed in that area at all. Show me a log of a refresh maybe?

About the missing NFO/TBN, show me a log of a refresh and I'll take a look.

Just to be sure I know what you need, would full log files from a fresh startup work?

- CrazyIvan - 2010-03-27

Hi midgetspy,

The encodingfix branch is working for me with no localization issues. Will this be going over to the trunk or will they always be seperate?

- gbdesai - 2010-03-28

ECEC Wrote:Still working on this one. Installed the newest version and tried a manual update of 30 Rock, and got this message...

Looking on TheTVDB, there are more episodes listed. Do you want me to post the full log files.

You know I have the same problem right now with 24, I decided to erase it this morning because it would show one episode as snatched while recognizing it was already downloaded, I didn't like that it showed I was missing a single episode. I tried a forced update, refresh, rename and no change so I deleted. When I tried to add it back it added back 24 with just 4 episodes across 8 seasons. It had 2 episodes in season 1 and 2 in specials. I deleted again and now it says there is a problem with TheTVDB. I am hoping this is just a common/intermittent tvdb problem.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-28

xexe Wrote:If SB is running on a remote box and does not have access to the location where the files are eventually stored are there any options for population of your dbase collection?

None planned, no. If SB doesn't have access to the episodes there's no reason to have them in the SB database anyway since it can't do anything with them except show a higher number at the bottom of the screen.

ECEC Wrote:Just to be sure I know what you need, would full log files from a fresh startup work?

Probably not. Just open the log, look at the latest time stamp, then force a refresh on the show that is giving you problems, and then when it's done copy/paste the log from the beginning time stamp you found to the end.

CrazyIvan Wrote:The encodingfix branch is working for me with no localization issues. Will this be going over to the trunk or will they always be seperate?

It'll be merged once I make sure it hasn't broken anything for everybody whose encoding used to work properly.

gbdesai Wrote:You know I have the same problem right now with 24, I decided to erase it this morning because it would show one episode as snatched while recognizing it was already downloaded, I didn't like that it showed I was missing a single episode. I tried a forced update, refresh, rename and no change so I deleted. When I tried to add it back it added back 24 with just 4 episodes across 8 seasons. It had 2 episodes in season 1 and 2 in specials. I deleted again and now it says there is a problem with TheTVDB. I am hoping this is just a common/intermittent tvdb problem.

Pretty likely it's a TVDB problem but if you give me a log of a Force Update I can tell you for sure. TVDB has been getting worse and worse, pretty soon it's going to be down more than it's up. TVRage support will be coming sometime but until then we'll just have to put up with constantly retrying until it manages to download a whole show without timing out.

- xexe - 2010-03-28

midgetspy Wrote:None planned, no. If SB doesn't have access to the episodes there's no reason to have them in the SB database anyway since it can't do anything with them except show a higher number at the bottom of the screen.

There is always merit in showing which episodes you have and more importantly do not. Otherwise I have to use other means to locate the episodes I need to then feed manually into SB.

Please take time out and consider this scenario. A healthy amount of users will always have SB remote to the filesystem.

Edit: I resintalled SB from the ground up since i have been running the SVN (now git) for hundreds of diffs.

The following is a list of shows (for me) SB has problems with by default:

The Life & Times of Tim http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=83130
Day One http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=94531
Happy Town http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=95041
Jack Osbourne: Adrenaline Junkie http://thetvdb.com/?tab=series&id=80063

These are likely because of more than one reason but the SB GUI does not make those reasons aparent.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-28

What do you mean SB has problems with those shows? You can't add them? The episodes don't show up? It can't find the episodes on the providers?

As for SB being remote to the filesystem, sure that's quite common but in that case most users simply have the shows on samba shares. You're the only user I've heard of whose shows are completely inaccessible and for the amount of work it'd be to change this behavior it's pretty far on the back burner.

- CrazyIvan - 2010-03-28

I now get the following error when trying to access one of the show pages:

Quote:500 Internal Server Error

The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from fulfilling the request.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/me/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/home/me/sickbeard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/me/sickbeard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/home/me/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 940, in displayShow
return _munge(t)
File "/home/me/sickbeard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 106, in _munge
return unicode(string).encode('ascii', 'xmlcharrefreplace')
File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.6/Cheetah/Template.py", line 981, in __str__
def __str__(self): return getattr(self, mainMethName)()
File "_home_me_sickbeard_data_interfaces_default_displayShow_tmpl.py", line 128, in respond
NotFound: cannot find 'location' while searching for 'show.location'

- gbdesai - 2010-03-28

midgetspy Wrote:Pretty likely it's a TVDB problem but if you give me a log of a Force Update I can tell you for sure. TVDB has been getting worse and worse, pretty soon it's going to be down more than it's up. TVRage support will be coming sometime but until then we'll just have to put up with constantly retrying until it manages to download a whole show without timing out.

I confirmed it was just TVDB, worked fine today.

- xexe - 2010-03-29

midgetspy Wrote:What do you mean SB has problems with those shows? You can't add them? The episodes don't show up? It can't find the episodes on the providers?

The episodes don't show up? - in some they do in other they dont
It can't find the episodes - if you mean it cant donwload then yes.

I simply have a ? in the Downloads column in all instances and in some no episodes listings if i drill into the show whilst other do have episodes listed.

Happy to provide more information if you tell me what to grep for. Since this morning i have 126,000 lines of logs so it is too many to eyeball.

I suspect though i you try to add these shows yourself you will see the same. I suspect some are incomplete info at tvdb but the GUI does not present any information for users to know that.

Let me know what I can do at this end.

midgetspy Wrote:As for SB being remote to the filesystem, sure that's quite common but in that case most users simply have the shows on samba shares. You're the only user I've heard of whose shows are completely inaccessible and for the amount of work it'd be to change this behavior it's pretty far on the back burner.

We must move in different circles then because I can name dozens of people of the top of my head that have this setup. The term "seedbox" fits the scenario I describe but going into more detail is not appropriate here. But I understand its low priority with your setup but it is not a rare setup at all that is the point I am making. I would go as far to say it is VERY VERY common.

- midgetspy - 2010-03-29

Grep won't work, just do this: look at your log, note the latest timestamp, then do a force update and when it's done copy everything that's newer than the timestamp before the update. I'll try adding those shows and see what happens.

xexe Wrote:We must move in different circles then because I can name dozens of people of the top of my head that have this setup. The term "seedbox" fits the scenario I describe but going into more detail is not appropriate here. But I understand its low priority with your setup but it is not a rare setup at all that is the point I am making. I would go as far to say it is VERY VERY common.

All I can say is I've never had a single other user mention it and I can't think of a scenario where you can't just share the files or move Sick Beard. IMO it's absurd to say it's "VERY VERY common" considering I have hundreds of users who have no problems with this and only one user (that I know of) who does.

CrazyIvan Wrote:I now get the following error when trying to access one of the show pages:

Running what rev? That's been fixed in trunk for a while now.