Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- midgetspy - 2010-03-31

stephenm01 Wrote:I have been using sickbeard for a few weeks and love it! One question will you support more folder structures then just season folders and all in one folder? It seems like all you would need is a recursive option so that way sickbeard scans every folder within the show directory including the root folder.

Thanks

What other structures are there?

- CrazyIvan - 2010-03-31

Is S01 vs Season 1 OK?

- stephenm01 - 2010-03-31

midgetspy Wrote:What other structures are there?

I personally have the current season in the root show folder while past seasons are in folders. It looks like CrazyIvan uses folders names S01 which slickbeard does not detect. Correct me if I'm wrong, but just adding a recursive option would take care of all folder structures no matter how weird they happen to be.

- xexe - 2010-03-31

midgetspy Wrote:What other structures are there?

It was me who done the extra tv regex lots of XBMC users have adopted and have been doing tv show regex support via IRC for as long as i can remember so I am confident when it say there are dozens of versions of season folder naming. Many are silly but you will be surprised how many make sense.

IMHO pick 2 or 3 of the most sensible ones and leave it at that. Its a slippery slope trying to accommodate the masses on this one as you never will.

Season 1 or Season1 Season01 or Season One and every other combination you can imagine << the most common
show.s01.dvdrip << a close second
s1 or s01 << less common

also "series" is used alot (originally i thought this was incorrect use of the word but actually its as valid as season)

then you have non English versions but very close to season (i forget them all of the top of my head)

- midgetspy - 2010-03-31

It's quite easy to add support for finding episodes in all kinds of season folder configuration - yes, recursively searching would be easy. The problem is adding support for moving episodes *to* those season folder configurations.

Currently I only support finding episodes in season folders that I can also put episodes in. I'm not sure that supporting half of the equation (being able to find your episodes but not being able to sort them to where I found them) is a good solution.

Having a customizable season folders string is probably not too complicated but it still wouldn't allow any possible configuration ("Season One"? that's the most stupid naming convention I've ever seen).

- stephenm01 - 2010-03-31

midgetspy Wrote:Currently I only support finding episodes in season folders that I can also put episodes in. I'm not sure that supporting half of the equation (being able to find your episodes but not being able to sort them to where I found them) is a good solution.

Having a customizable season folders string is probably not too complicated but it still wouldn't allow any possible configuration ("Season One"? that's the most stupid naming convention I've ever seen).

I agree it wouldn't be a perfect solution to just find the episodes with out being able to move them there (although it would fix some peoples problem), it would be a quick and easy fix (I imagine) to implement till you had more time to get a customizable season folders string in place.

- ClayM - 2010-04-01

I've been running this on FreeNAS and doing a mass add, and occasionally while add a show, I get this error:

Quote:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line 660, in respond
response.body = self.handler()
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line 193, in __call__
self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25, in __call__
return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 712, in addShow
a = self.addShow(newCallList)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 658, in addShow
sickbeard.showQueueScheduler.action.addShow(curShowDir)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/queue.py", line 132, in addShow
queueItemObj = QueueItemAdd(showDir)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/queue.py", line 207, in __init__
self.initialShow = TVShow(self.showDir)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/tv.py", line 118, in __init__
self.saveToDB()
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/tv.py", line 831, in saveToDB
myDB.upsert("tv_shows", newValueDict, controlValueDict)
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 78, in upsert
self.action(query, valueDict.values() + keyDict.values())
File "/mnt/data/apps/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 49, in action
sqlResult = self.connection.execute(query, args)
OperationalError: database is locked

If I look at the logs, it looks like it's still adding stuff from the previously selected show. If I wait till it says "finished task" I can just hit refresh and keep going.

- xexe - 2010-04-01

midgetspy Wrote:It's quite easy to add support for finding episodes in all kinds of season folder configuration - yes, recursively searching would be easy. The problem is adding support for moving episodes *to* those season folder configurations.

Currently I only support finding episodes in season folders that I can also put episodes in. I'm not sure that supporting half of the equation (being able to find your episodes but not being able to sort them to where I found them) is a good solution.

Sounds reasonable. Season folder naming gets much sillier than "Season One" you wouldn't believe what some people think is a good idea.

And don't get me started on naming conventions.... tpz-440030102.avi being a real example.

- midgetspy - 2010-04-01

ClayM Wrote:I've been running this on FreeNAS and doing a mass add, and occasionally while add a show, I get this error:

If I look at the logs, it looks like it's still adding stuff from the previously selected show. If I wait till it says "finished task" I can just hit refresh and keep going.

Hmm, the queue should prevent it from ever doing more than one thing at once (for this reason) - can you explain your exact workflow? You just did mass add and let it go and the error came up or you're doing stuff while it's mass adding? If so what are you trying to do while it's mass adding?

- ClayM - 2010-04-01

I had a bunch of shows I was adding (like 20) with some of the having nfo files and some did not.

It would ask me for a show, I'd hit next, then that happens 2 or 3 times, then it throws the error. I'd wait for it to show the finished task message in the logs, then I'd hit refresh, and the whole thing would repeat again.

- ClayM - 2010-04-01

A couple of questions

1. With my current SABnzbd setup, I run a script to update my YAMJ library for my Popcorn Hour box (along with the XBMC call).

Is there a way to add this additional step in there?

2. Is there a way to specify a different category for a particular show?

- midgetspy - 2010-04-01

ClayM Wrote:A couple of questions

1. With my current SABnzbd setup, I run a script to update my YAMJ library for my Popcorn Hour box (along with the XBMC call).

2. Is there a way to specify a different category for a particular show?

1. http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=223 (not yet)

2. Nope

About the DB error, I see the problem now but I'm not sure the best way to fix it. That code will get looked at pretty soon so I'm going to leave it for now and come back to it once it's redone.

- ClayM - 2010-04-01

Ok, another issue, platform specific.

I'm running FreeBSD, and the sabToSickBeard.py has a hardcoded call to /usr/bin/python, whereas on FreeBSD, python is at /usr/local/bin/python

Obviously this is something I can fix, but you know...

- xeonicxpression - 2010-04-01

So with newzbin out of the pictureAngry, what is the second best option? I have nzbmatrix VIP also. Is one of the other options better than them?

- xeonicxpression - 2010-04-01

ClayM Wrote:A couple of questions

Without knowing anything about your script, I would just add a call to your script from within the sickbeard postprocessing script. That would be a temporary solution. It's not really a good one though.