Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2010-04-12

These might be easy/already addressed questions, but I thought I would ask anyway. I'm using the Windows build, 435.

- Episodes don't move from "Snatched" to "Downloaded". Sickbeard shows the filename and nfo/tbn files, but the status never changes. This isn't a big deal, but as I'm looking for missing episodes from various series, the "Snatched" episodes aren't counted.

- Sickbeard doesn't seem to refresh from disk correctly unless I go to the show and manually hit the button. Am I wrong in expecting it to scan the TV show directory every so often and create nfo/tbn files for new eps, then mark these as downloaded? I'm not using any post-processing.

- midgetspy - 2010-04-12

Pr.Sinister Wrote:I am not sure how you would even implement this or if it is worth it since it doesn't
really happen THAT often but here goes :

There's a bunch of release groups out there that always mess up their releases.

IMMERSE are the kings of fuck ups. RED are a few spots behind (They start releasing
a show and stop in the middle of the season)... Anyway...

IMMERSE released Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E12.720p.HDTV.x264-IMMERSE
and it was of course nuked.

RED then released Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E12.PROPER.720p.HDTV.x264-RED
This was downloaded by Sick Beard but then guess what? It actually was last
week's episode.

So now there is Spartacus.Blood.and.Sand.S01E12.REAL.PROPER.720p.HDTV.X264-DIMENSION

Of course Sick Beard is no longer looking for a proper since it has one...

I dunno if you think it is even worth implementing a case for this as it is way
less frequent than regular propers.

-Pr.

It should already support this - if it finds a proper that's newer than the one it has it is supposed to download it. It never stops looking for new propers.

Freek Wrote:Did you want me to raise a ticket for it?

I've just got another idea that I can't see on your list so lets see what you make of it.

Have an option on a per show basis to specify a different search string other than the default. eg, The CSI-NY show is listed in TVDB as "CSI:NY" but it's posted as "CSi New York" so it's never found by sickbeard. so in essence allow us to have 2 variables, one for TVDB searches and a different one for the NZB searches.

Yeah go ahead and make a ticket for it. As for custom search strings, they're intentionally not implemented (but will be later, probably).

Puweyxil Wrote:Are the double-downloading messages from the first attempt purely informational, or is it actually trying to download the .nzb twice and flipping some anti-hammering logic at nzbs.o*g

Not two attempts, just bad wording from two different place in the download code.

Pr.Sinister Wrote:The backlog search frequency cannot be changed.

Doing it through the GUI or even editing the config.ini file manually has no effect.

It always stays the same.

-Pr.

Unless this was recently broken it has always worked for me... if you change it and submit it is reverted back to the old value immediately? Or only after a SB restart?

Pr.Sinister Wrote:I love the new Snatched (Proper) status.

May i suggest a Downloaded (Proper) status?

Just for consistency's sake. Snatched usually means it's in the process of being downloaded so once Sick Beard knows it had snatched a proper and now it has just replaced a file that was proper'd, it should assume that's the one.

Of course, it should only do that when it knows it snatched a proper. If not, then all the Web DL versions i get a day or two later would be considered Propers by Sick Beard.

-Pr.

What would the advantage be to that status? Snatched (Proper) is required for SB's internal logic, but Dowloaded (Proper) would simply be another case to deal with in the code but I'm not sure the benefit.

circle_ Wrote:I'm positive I already know the answer to this but I'm going to ask anyway..

Is there anyway to check if a download will be passworded before downloading it? I'm finding an increasing number of passworded rar files in my downloads. Especially for Parks and Recreation.
Also the same for hardcoded subs? Most of my Community downloads that sickbeard finds have hardcoded Dutch subs.

No way, no. On Newzbin I check if it's been marked as (Passworded) but unless somebody has marked it there's no way to know. Same with subs.

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Hi midgetspy...

What can i do to generate a useful log for you to see what's wrong with the
Ended vs Continuing status?

Right now, Nip/Tuck's status has been Ended on TheTVDB for a while now and
it still isn't updated in Sick Beard.

Also, Underbelly used to be marked as ended but a new season just started so
i switched it to Continuing... Will Sick Beard update it to continuing? If so, when is it supposed to do it?

It *should* be being set on an update. Currently "Ended" shows stop doing full updates though, so it will never go from "Ended" to "Continuing" unless you force an update. It should automatically go from "Continuing" to "Ended" though - what happens if you force update? A log won't really help, there's no logging around that part of the code.

I'm not going to put much debugging time into this though, as I'm working on a complete DB redo which would undoubtedly solve this issue too (whatever the problem is).

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-04-13

midgetspy Wrote:It should already support this - if it finds a proper that's newer than the one it has it is supposed to download it. It never stops looking for new propers.

Ok... for me, it didn't download the REAL PROPER once it was released.

Quote:Unless this was recently broken it has always worked for me... if you change it and submit it is reverted back to the old value immediately? Or only after a SB restart?

My backlog number of days says 7 right now. If i switch it to 3 and click save,
it goes back to 7 right away.

Quote:What would the advantage be to that status? Snatched (Proper) is required for SB's internal logic, but Dowloaded (Proper) would simply be another case to deal with in the code but I'm not sure the benefit.

Take for example, The Pacific. I looked at my history and i saw Snatched but
did not see a Downloaded status. To me, that tells me something went wrong
with that episode. So i checked SABnzbd+ and sure enough, The Pacific Pt.V
failed post-processing. So i renamed it and processed it again.

To me, if an episode is snatched, it means it is either in the process of being
downloaded, it failed to download, or it failed to post-process. The fact that
i have a file there and the status is Snatched (Proper) doesn't tell me if i
actually now have the proper. It tells me Sick Beard found a proper and snatched
it but i have no way of knowing that it all went well unless i go verify SABnzbd.

Unless of course i am mistaken and the file on the hard drive is set to Snatched
(Proper) only after it has been overwritten and not after Sick Beard sends it
to my newsreader. If it is the former, then it would make more sense IMO to
rename that status to Downloaded (Proper). If it is the latter, then that is why
i would like an extra status of Downloaded (Proper). Does that make sense?

Quote:It *should* be being set on an update. Currently "Ended" shows stop doing full updates though, so it will never go from "Ended" to "Continuing" unless you force an update. It should automatically go from "Continuing" to "Ended" though - what happens if you force update? A log won't really help, there's no logging around that part of the code.

I'm not going to put much debugging time into this though, as I'm working on a complete DB redo which would undoubtedly solve this issue too (whatever the problem is).

Fair enough... I will wait for the new DB... Would it be possible to add a filesize
column while you're at it? Would be nice not to have to go to the actual directory
to see if your current file is bigger/smaller than a new one you just found on
the net... Maybe you don't want to add the code to get file sizes yet but if
you think you may add that feature, might as well have the column ready Wink

-Pr.

- midgetspy - 2010-04-13

About the backlog, the 7 days is the minimum allowed.

- Flain - 2010-04-13

I'm finding quite a few cases of "skipped" episodes recently. Especially if my PC does a windows update during the night and reboots (i don have sickbeard set to auto load since i'm always upgrading). I then load sickbeard a day later (having forgot) and then have to go through and check shows for skipped status and change them to missed manually.

Another instance - i wondered why the new episode of underbelly didn't download. Turned out my sickbeard had no season 3 listed. So i forced a full update and it fixed it. The 2 episodes then showed up as skipped which i fixed manually.

What would be handy is - some sort of page listing all the "skipped" episodes (same as the backlog page listing the backlog ones). Hopefully also have on the page tick boxes with an option to change them to another status Smile.

Ive since been using a sqlite browser to run sql quereies to find skipped shows for me as for large collections it would take hours to check everything manually.

- midgetspy - 2010-04-13

Yep, scheduled for alpha 2: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=141

- DDM123 - 2010-04-13

Is there a way for Sick Beard to retry failed downloads? I had a few old episodes fail overnight, and it would be great if those failed ones were sent back to Sick Beard to try again, ignoring the failed nzbs.

- xexe - 2010-04-13

Is the torrent support documented anywhere.? I see a single config option but no where to define say a bespoke rss feed.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-04-13

midgetspy Wrote:About the backlog, the 7 days is the minimum allowed.

Ha! I see! Hehehe...

Ok so if i want to change the day, i just have to put more than 7 and then once it runs once, i put it back to 7...

Excellent!

- midgetspy - 2010-04-13

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Ha! I see! Hehehe...

Ok so if i want to change the day, i just have to put more than 7 and then once it runs once, i put it back to 7...

Excellent!

Or just leave it at 7 and force it on the day you want it to run, and it'll run 7 days from then.

- johoja - 2010-04-13

DDM123 Wrote:Is there a way for Sick Beard to retry failed downloads? I had a few old episodes fail overnight, and it would be great if those failed ones were sent back to Sick Beard to try again, ignoring the failed nzbs.

Also, maybe a nice thing to have would be able to see all the episodes in a "Snatched" state sometimes episodes that have failed to download will stay in that state, having them all listed on one page, and allowing you to retry the download would be pretty cool.

- circle_ - 2010-04-14

DDM123 Wrote:Is there a way for Sick Beard to retry failed downloads? I had a few old episodes fail overnight, and it would be great if those failed ones were sent back to Sick Beard to try again, ignoring the failed nzbs.

Agreed. Could the same be implemented for a SABnzbd+ Failed to unpack/Passworded file error?

- midgetspy - 2010-04-14

http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=24

- Flain - 2010-04-14

midgetspy Wrote:Yep, scheduled for alpha 2: http://code.google.com/p/sickbeard/issues/detail?id=141

awesome work looking forward to it! Smile

- xexe - 2010-04-14

xexe Wrote:Is the torrent support documented anywhere.? I see a single config option but no where to define say a bespoke rss feed.

polite next page/24 hour bump