Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- mattressfish - 2010-05-07

steve1977 Wrote:Tried to install Sickbeard on my NAS (QNAP 419P) following the description below:

http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?p=126147&sid=312f3534f080ae64ee3946c361358f5b

Unfortunately, I do not know how to actually get it running thereafter. How do I start Sickbeard. Is there a GUI that I can configure Sickbeard with?

It runs a webserver on port 8081. I would ask in that thread you linked to on how to start it...

- bobrico - 2010-05-08

Thanks for this great program! Was running on Windows 2003 no issues. Recently switched to WIndows 7 and having a problem adding shows from a network drive. When I choose Browse it only shows local drives and does not allow me to type in the network drive.

I'm running WIndows 7 X64 on vmware fusion.

Any help would be appreciated!

- midgetspy - 2010-05-08

It works on my Windows 7 x64 so I'm guessing it's a VMWare thing somehow... somebody told me that UNC paths work too so maybe try that instead?

- Coeluh - 2010-05-08

Hi There,

I think this application has a lot of potential, but I can not figure out how to get it working. I made it scan all my TV Shows, which are marked skipped as default if I'm right. But there are also some episodes that are marked skipped which are not actually there in the folders. How can I make SickBeard download them? I waited 2 cycles of searching, but when does it actually start downloading?

Whenever I click search, it says it can't find the file specified. What is the folder structure needed for this application to work? Currently I got: "E:\TV Shows\Show Name\Season 1\S01E01 - Episode Name.avi"

Is this correct? Because I see that all the shows I have are marked with a X next to Season Folders.

EDIT:
I restarted SickBeard and now it kinda works, but it is not clear to me how to snatch a skipped episode. I can also see that a lot of nzb's are not being found because of the presence of the episode name in the search query. If you would leave this one out, you would have far more results.

EDIT 2: I am glad that I figured it out right now, everything seems to work. Great work!

Everything works except moving files - bry1128 - 2010-05-08

I set everything up ok, however all of the files stay in the temp location I designated. I'm trying to get the files to copy to T:\TV. I've went through the settings a couple of times and I can't see what I'm doing wrong can someone point me in the direction of this setting?

- gbdesai - 2010-05-08

Midgetspy,

Any scheduled on doing a forward merge of the master branch into Alpha2? I tried to do it myself, but I suspect I am doing something wrong and it hoses the whole installation and I have to revert to my backup. Thanks still loving the solution more day after day!

G

- ECEC - 2010-05-08

Does the API for Sickbeard allow you to cancel a download in progress or still in the queue? In the case that Sickbeard finds a new episode and sends it to SAB, then an hour later finds the PROPER release, it would be cool to cancel the first one entirely and just download the PROPER. I don't have extremely fast internet, so this would mean more efficient downloading for me.

Coeluh Wrote:Hi There,

I think this application has a lot of potential, but I can not figure out how to get it working. I made it scan all my TV Shows, which are marked skipped as default if I'm right. But there are also some episodes that are marked skipped which are not actually there in the folders. How can I make SickBeard download them? I waited 2 cycles of searching, but when does it actually start downloading?

Whenever I click search, it says it can't find the file specified. What is the folder structure needed for this application to work? Currently I got: "E:\TV Shows\Show Name\Season 1\S01E01 - Episode Name.avi"

Is this correct? Because I see that all the shows I have are marked with a X next to Season Folders.

During the initial scan, all episodes you are missing are automatically labeled as skipped. You can either click the little icon next to the episode to search for it manually (at which point it will look at whatever episode providers you have configured for that episode), or you can check all missing episodes and add them to your backlog. Once they're into your backlog, they will be searched for automatically once a week (you can also force this process if you wish). Depending on the providers, some episodes might not be picked up (I'm still having issues picking up backlogged episodes of Twin Peaks that I can see plain as day on both NZBs and Newzbin).

- Nefarious1 - 2010-05-08

Am I missing something? I just setup the latest windows version on my whs. The program is saving the downloads to the application folder instead of my tv share. How do I fix this? I am using the post processing feature as well.

- tvdb-scott - 2010-05-08

Nefarious1 Wrote:Am I missing something? I just setup the latest windows version on my whs. The program is saving the downloads to the application folder instead of my tv share. How do I fix this? I am using the post processing feature as well.

Make sure your sabNZBD settings are placing them in the spot that Sick Beard expects them and also turn off episode processing in sabNZBD. Might fix it. Smile

- steve1977 - 2010-05-08

Getting there to have this running. Unfortunately, not fully there yet. Getting the following error message when Sickbeard is trying to send NZBs to SABNZB. Any thoughts?

> 01:17:28 INFO::CP Server Thread-7 :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
> 01:17:28 ERROR::CP Server Thread-7 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to
> sab. Return text is: <html>

Thanks!!!

- ECEC - 2010-05-08

steve1977 Wrote:Getting there to have this running. Unfortunately, not fully there yet. Getting the following error message when Sickbeard is trying to send NZBs to SABNZB. Any thoughts?

> 01:17:28 INFO::CP Server Thread-7 :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
> 01:17:28 ERROR::CP Server Thread-7 :: Unknown failure sending NZB to
> sab. Return text is: <html>

Thanks!!!

Things to check:
- Verify you have the correct API key in Sickbeard
- If Sickbeard and SAB are on the same computer, try using localhost instead of the IP (or vice versa).
- If they aren't on the same computer, make sure you're using the right IP and that you don't have any firewall software blocking the connection on either.

- tvdb-scott - 2010-05-08

To state the obvious, make sure sabnzbd is installed and running as well. As silly as it sounds I almost forgot to install sabnzbd. Smile

- Orka - 2010-05-08

Im having problems with postprocessing now.
Latest source. Did git pull yesterday just after "Fixed a problem where post processing was crashing with 'NoneType' object is
unsubscriptable error. "

Fails with this info:
TVDB didn't respond, trying to look up the show in the DB instead: Show-name search returned zero results (cannot find show on TVDB)
Unable to figure out what this episode is, giving up

TVDB is up...

- steve1977 - 2010-05-09

Thanks. Solved!!!

- steve1977 - 2010-05-09

Unfortumately, with one issue solved, a new one came up. For whatever reason, I cannot open Sick Beard anymore...

> 500 Internal Server Error
> The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it from
> fulfilling the request.

> Traceback (most recent call last):
> File "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cprequest.py", line
> 660, in respond
> response.body = self.handler()
> File "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/lib/encoding.py", line
> 193, in __call__
> self.body = self.oldhandler(*args, **kwargs)
> File "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Sick-Beard/cherrypy/_cpdispatch.py", line 25> , in __call__
> return self.callable(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
> File "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/webserve.py", line 878,
> in index
> t.downloadedEps = myDB.select("SELECT showid, COUNT(*) FROM
> tv_episodes WHERE status IN ("+str(DOWNLOADED)+","+str
> (PREDOWNLOADED)+") AND airdate != 1 AND season != 0 and episode != 0
> AND airdate <= "+today+" GROUP BY showid")
> File "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 71, in
> select
> sqlResults = self.action(query, args).fetchall()
> File "/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/Sick-Beard/sickbeard/db.py", line 48, in
> action
> sqlResult = self.connection.execute(query)
> OperationalError: database is locked

Thanks for your help!!!