Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- pohboy - 2010-05-14

awesome work midgetspy - hopefully you're getting the donations you need to make this continue to be worth your while. You clearly have a knack for this Smile

This is probably a newb question, but here goes anyway: How can I be sure what alpha I'm running? I'm running on ubuntu from source using (most of) this guide, but all I get in the web console for versioning info is "alpha trunk".

If this isn't alpha2 (as I suspect), how do I go about pulling this latest build down? I'm running into issues with shows that get named by airdate and from what I read here, this is remedied in alpha2.....

thanks in advance!

- Necromancyr - 2010-05-14

Having a bit of an odd problem. Trying to add shows off my WHS (SMB shares) and two shows got added (V and True Blood) but everything else fails.

Modern Family, for example, gets the show id from the tvshow.nfo then the log says it can't find it in the DB and an exception is thrown in the QUEUE-ADD thread.

- generator - 2010-05-14

I know this question has been asked many times, but I'm asking it in a slightly different way:

Is there any chance for movie support? And I don't mean that Sick Beard should automatically download them. But I want it to just automatically move and rename the downloaded files. This way I don't have to wait for the download to finish, and then rename and move the files.

Suggestion: It would be cool if you could manually add a movie title to a queue. Then Sick Beard will start searching for this movie, and download it.

This way there wouldn't be need for a complicated system that guesses which movie to download.

P.S: I can't believe Sick Beard is still "alpha". I haven't had any problems with it the last couple of months! Great work!

- ECEC - 2010-05-14

generator Wrote:I know this question has been asked many times, but I'm asking it in a slightly different way:

Is there any chance for movie support? And I don't mean that Sick Beard should automatically download them. But I want it to just automatically move and rename the downloaded files. This way I don't have to wait for the download to finish, and then rename and move the files.

If you're using SAB, just enable file sorting for movies. Mine come out as \Movies\MovieName (Year)\originalfilenames.ext and it works great with XBMC. I use EMM to pick fanart and posters, as I'm a little more choosy about that than I am with TV shows.

- ClayM - 2010-05-14

Nevermind, problem is on NZBMatrix

- Necromancyr - 2010-05-14

Here's the log from my error:
http://pastebin.com/sLsQEJCD

Seems most (all but 2) of my shows are not being found in the TVDB DB for some oddball reason.

- ClayM - 2010-05-14

Running FreeBSD - any idea what would cause this error?

2010-05-14 15:56:44.797408 MainThread :: !!! Creating local cache dir failed, using system default

- steve1977 - 2010-05-15

* edit *

- k1282 - 2010-05-15

hi guys,
i used sick beard before successfully but when i installed sick beard on my qnap NAS, i cannot find the nzb's for the episodes i am currently missing.
i always get the following error when clicking on search behind the episode in sick beard:
No downloads were found

the retention is set to 600 days and a manual search on nzbmatrix or newzbin shows me theat the episodes i would like to download via sick beard are available.
what is going wrong here? did i miss port forwarding maybe?

- steve1977 - 2010-05-15

HarryRosen Wrote:Just going to say this programs is amazing but I am getting these errors in my log

2010-05-05 03:13:41.219000 QUEUE-FORCEDUPDATE :: Unable to add TVRage info: Show is already in database, not adding the TVRage info
2010-05-05 03:14:13.609000 QUEUE-FORCEDUPDATE :: Unable to add TVRage info: TVRage doesn't have all the required info for this show

I am having the same error messge in my log. Any idea why? Also, I am frequently getting the following one:

CP Server Thread-11 :: DB error: database is locked

Somehow, Sickbeard runs, but not that smoothly. Must has something to do with the error messages above.

Any thoughts?

- k1282 - 2010-05-15

k1282 Wrote:hi guys,
i used sick beard before successfully but when i installed sick beard on my qnap NAS, i cannot find the nzb's for the episodes i am currently missing.
i always get the following error when clicking on search behind the episode in sick beard:
No downloads were found

the retention is set to 600 days and a manual search on nzbmatrix or newzbin shows me theat the episodes i would like to download via sick beard are available.
what is going wrong here? did i miss port forwarding maybe?

nevermind, seems that today is my lucky day:
nzbmatrix api/rss is currently not working
newzbin doesn't have the episodes i am looking for
but nzbs.org is working, just configured it Wink

thx anyway

Final location of post processed files... - jnewman33 - 2010-05-15

Hey all,

Using the latest win build the post processed files are being renamed and moved under the program directory. Is this the default behavoir? Is there a way to overide it ? Is this editable in the python files?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

James

- Necromancyr - 2010-05-15

No insight from anyone on the not being able to add shows/them not getting detected? Definitely want to use this but...that's kind of a major stopping point Smile

- k1282 - 2010-05-15

what's the difference between refresh and update when clicking on "mass update". which option is doing what?

- sumofatguy - 2010-05-15

k1282 Wrote:what's the difference between refresh and update when clicking on "mass update". which option is doing what?

refresh just looks if new shows are found in your tv folders. Mass update redownloads everything from tvdb and looks for any more unaired episodes I think. Takes much longer