Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- midgetspy - 2010-05-22

Note that backlog works only with NZBMatrix and NZBs.org since they're the only sites with search APIs, and NZBMatrix is currently broken.

- mra6368 - 2010-05-22

Got it thanks, also nzb.org is down so hope its back by time sickbeard does its backlog.

- mra6368 - 2010-05-22

Just noticed the new show i added has downloaded one episode as SD when my settings are for HDHuh

- hermy65 - 2010-05-22

I updated to 451 today and added my NZB'sRus info to it and im having issues with it finding tv shows to download. If i search on their site i can find what im looking for but if SickBeard searches it finds nothing. There are no errors and the log just says no downloads found. Any suggestions?

Here is what my log says

May-22 13:20:30 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: No downloads were found
May-22 13:20:30 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Searching Bin-Req for The Office (US) - s06e24 - The Chump
May-22 13:20:30 INFO CP Server Thread-2 :: Searching NZBs'R'US for The Office (US) - s06e24 - The Chump

- ClayM - 2010-05-22

Where do you find your uid/hash for nzbs'r'us?

- midgetspy - 2010-05-22

Both of the above questions are answered on the wiki... NZBs'R'Us only supports RSS so only currently-airing episodes will be found, and you get your key on the RSS page.

- Tophicles - 2010-05-23

This is a fantastic tool that trumps the PHP tool I was working on with a friend! The only thing ours did differently was in the "backlog" section. I love the effort you've put in so far, so I thought I'd make this small suggestion.... take it for how it's intended - to make this an even *better* app!

We noticed that when searching the indexing sites for older episodes (Season 1, 2 etc) that individual episodes were not found, but entire seasons were. This was fine, since we had written our app to look for the %-age of missing episodes per season. If it was more than 90% missing, grab the entire season as opposed to scraping each episode (since there was not likely a chance of finding them).

The code genius on our team actually went one step further. His modification actually opened the season NZB and stripped out the episodes we currently had on file already, then queued up the individually stripped out NZBs instead of one, large season download.

If you could incorporate this into your app, I think it would be one step closer to the perfect IP-PVR! If you'd like, I can try to get you into contact with our coder...

Just a suggestion, brilliant work so far!

- mlrtime3 - 2010-05-23

Can someone confirm if my problem here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=541131&postcount=895 is because I don't have any .nfo files? I use mysql as my video database for multiple xbmc clients.

How can I get SB to detect my files without having nfo files, or how can I recreate them?

Thanks.

- Hitcher - 2010-05-23

I currently use AltBinz to automatically check my NZBMatrix RSS feeds for the latest episodes then download/check/repair/extract to the separate show folders, so does SickBeard offer me anything better?

Thanks.

- Avigrace - 2010-05-23

Hitcher Wrote:I currently use AltBinz to automatically check my NZBMatrix RSS feeds for the latest episodes then download/check/repair/extract to the separate show folders, so does SickBeard offer me anything better?

Thanks.

Yeah, sickbeard will also scrape and create the nfo/tbn for each episode. If you miss an episode (or add a series that aired ages ago) sickbeard will keep searching all the nzb sites defined weekly looking for them.
Plus it looks nice, is easy to use and has a cool 'coming episodes' page.

- Darkjasper - 2010-05-23

Id like to help anyway I can with the torrent/Rss features and getting those running on a few sites.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-05-24

Hitcher Wrote:I currently use AltBinz to automatically check my NZBMatrix RSS feeds for the latest episodes then download/check/repair/extract to the separate show folders, so does SickBeard offer me anything better?

Thanks.

It is an amazing application. It does all that and more. It works with multiple NZB
providers, can search for missing episodes, will download PROPERS or REPACKS
and replace the old file for you. Will automatically rename files to something cleaner if
you wish. It will let you know when a new episode has started/finished downloading
via the XBMC pop-up notification or growl. Will automatically download all
missing season posters or episode thumbnails as they become available. etc...

-Pr.

- Flain - 2010-05-24

Tophicles Wrote:The code genius on our team actually went one step further. His modification actually opened the season NZB and stripped out the episodes we currently had on file already, then queued up the individually stripped out NZBs instead of one, large season download.

If you could incorporate this into your app, I think it would be one step closer to the perfect IP-PVR! If you'd like, I can try to get you into contact with our coder...

Just a suggestion, brilliant work so far!

Sounds awesome, definatley get him to take a look at the google code page for sickbeard Smile

autofetchin episodes not working - k1282 - 2010-05-24

hi guys.
i just wanted to check for new episodes of a series, and recognized that sickbeard corectly sent the corect links of the episodes to sabnzbd. however, sabnzbd was just tryng to connect to the url, and could not get the nzb file for downloading. even a manual add of the url did not work. in the ende i had to use the url in my webbrowser for downloading the nzb file and uploading it to sabnzbd myself.

the url did not work for both bin-req and nzbs.org

where lies the problem? sickbeard, sabnzbd or the search providers?

- nutski - 2010-05-24

k1282 Wrote:hi guys.
i just wanted to check for new episodes of a series, and recognized that sickbeard corectly sent the corect links of the episodes to sabnzbd. however, sabnzbd was just tryng to connect to the url, and could not get the nzb file for downloading. even a manual add of the url did not work. in the ende i had to use the url in my webbrowser for downloading the nzb file and uploading it to sabnzbd myself.

the url did not work for both bin-req and nzbs.org

where lies the problem? sickbeard, sabnzbd or the search providers?

Problem seems to be with SabNZBd, i've just upgraded to 0.5.2 Final and it seems to be working fine again fo me.