Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- themugger - 2010-05-25

Flain Wrote:Had a look, nice work! You've got some skill Smile

agreed, nice site!!!

- mattressfish - 2010-05-25

Pr.Sinister Wrote:If you use Python by ActiveState, it comes with a package manager and you can install cheetah a lot easier... You just do something like

ppm install cheetah

and it will search repositories for cheetah, download it, download all dependencies, and install everything.

Only problem is there is a bug in certain versions where it refuses to serach the free repositories and and tells you you aren't allowed to download cheetah from the paid ones... fortunately i had an old version lying around after i reformatted my OS drive...

This should help beginners a lot as installing cheetah is the hardest part of running from source. You don't HAVE to use a Git client since Sick Beard is so small, you can download the whole zipped source in a few seconds anytime there are updates.

-Pr.

I will try this tonight. I can do leet things on a PC like change the time and update my background, but this Cheetah thing has me stumped. Thanks!

edit: Since it wasn't hotlinked by vB, I missed your post about the sickbeard site. For anyone else that missed it, check out http://www.sickbeard.org. Well done!

- SofaKng - 2010-05-25

Is it possible to create new folders (for shows you want to add) from inside Sick Beard?

I'm not sure what version I'm using but I have to create an empty folder outside Sick Beard before I can add it...

EDIT: Also, sickbeard.org is very, very slick! (my only suggestion would be to simplify the screenshot transitions)

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-05-25

Flain Wrote:Had a look, nice work! You've got some skill Smile

themugger Wrote:agreed, nice site!!!

Thanks but i can't take all the credit... I am pretty good at modifying templates!

I had started with installing Joomla and trying out a bunch of templates but i
couldn't modify them to look nice enough for my taste...

Looking through my archives, i found this XHTML/CSS template that i had considered
using for my own website and thought it would be great for Sick Beard.

So i removed Joomla an started working on it Sunday morning at 7am (couldn't
sleep) and was pretty much done at 2:30am Monday. All this done in bed!

I really like the CUB3R image slider and figured it would be a nice attention
grabber! I guess i was right Wink

midgetspy now has all usernames an passwords so he will take over and install
a project management/bug tracker tool and probably dedicated forums.

I am glad i was able to contribute to such an awesome project with my donation
of the domain names, 1 year of hosting, and 20 hours of my time. I truly think
it is worth it as midgetspy has been amazing with taking suggestions, fixing
bugs, and being active on the forum.

[RANT]
In this day of big business, the media and uninformed masses always coming
down on us supposed "pirates", i always like to show them that i do pay for
things i use regularly and that are priced reasonably.

I will never pay $900 for M$ Office. I will never pay $2500 for Adobe CSx. But
I will pay $150 for CorelDRAW and I will pay $30 for UltraEdit. More importantly,
i will donate whatever i can, cash or time, to XBMC, Sick Beard and other very
innovative, worthwhile projects.
[/RANT]

I don't want to go completely off topic here but i sincerely think if you use
Sick Beard, you should consider donating to midgetspy. He's put a lot of time
and effort into this and if, like me, you've ever paid for a TiVo subscription,
you know Sick Beard is well worth a couple months' total Big Grin

Alright... Back to your regularly scheduled programming...

- midgetspy - 2010-05-25

sofakng Wrote:Is it possible to create new folders (for shows you want to add) from inside Sick Beard?

I'm not sure what version I'm using but I have to create an empty folder outside Sick Beard before I can add it...

EDIT: Also, sickbeard.org is very, very slick! (my only suggestion would be to simplify the screenshot transitions)

Just type the name of the folder you want and it'll create it for you.

And yes thanks to Sinister for the domain and website - I will be trying some project management tools and then moving all the forum/issue tracking/etc there so we don't have to use a single XBMC thread for every single bug/question :0)

ActivePython - Pr.Sinister - 2010-05-25

Ok people. I have just confirmed that ActivePython v2.6.5.12 For Windows
has a working Package Manager. This means that people having trouble installing
Cheetah should use ActivePython Community Edition rather than regular Python.

I just installed it on my work computer and it was a breeze.

You can download it here

There are free versions for Windows (x86 and 64-Bit), Mac OS X, Linux (x86 and x86_64)

The install is GUI based so that's easy enough. Once it is installed, open a
command prompt and just type "pypm install cheetah".

The Python Package Manager will download and install Cheetah and markdown
in one easy step. You can then install Sick Beard start enjoying it!

So, to recap, the ABSOLUTE easiest way to run from source on windows is :
  • Install ActivePython
  • Install Cheetah ("pypm install cheetah" from the command prompt)
  • Download Sick Beard Source
  • Unzip the Sick Beard Source to a folder of your choice
  • Double-Click SickBeard.py

When you want to update to the latest source :
  • Shutdown Sick Beard through the GUI
  • Delete everything from the Sick Beard folder except
    • Cache Folder (optional)
    • Logs Folder (optional)
    • cache.db (optional)
    • config.ini
    • sickbeard.db
  • Download the Latest Sick Beard Source
  • Unzip the Sick Beard Source to that folder
  • Double-Click SickBeard.py

NOTE : If you use Sick Beard to Post-Process from SABnzbd, make sure your
configured autoProcessTV.cfg is in a folder OUTSIDE the Sick Beard folder or
simply do not delete that file when upgrading the source.

-Pr.

- mlrtime3 - 2010-05-25

Argh, so I finally found my issue.

Recommend changing line 215 in tv.py

match = re.match("[Ss]eason\s*(\d+)", curFile)

to

match = re.match("[Ss]eason.*(\d+)", curFile)

- hermy65 - 2010-05-26

I noticed that NZBmatrix's API's are back up now but when i use SB to download anything i get a nzb.gz file or just a 1KB file

- circle_ - 2010-05-26

I really wish there was a way to filter searches.
A number of 30 Rock episodes I downloaded were formatted 'itouch'. Tiny ~150mb files per episode. I use the SD setting because for most tv shows I'm content with SD at about ~600mb per episode (damn Australian low quota plans) and can't afford to be downloading 1gb+ for all my tv show episodes. Haven't come across this 'itouch' format before now.
For this 30 Rock issue I specifically then changed quality setting to HD and then Best. Both times the exact same 'itouch' files were snatched. Not sure what the deal was there but I'm going to try a reinstall and see if that changes.

- Flain - 2010-05-26

circle_ Wrote:I really wish there was a way to filter searches.
A number of 30 Rock episodes I downloaded were formatted 'itouch'. Tiny ~150mb files per episode. I use the SD setting because for most tv shows I'm content with SD at about ~600mb per episode (damn Australian low quota plans) and can't afford to be downloading 1gb+ for all my tv show episodes. Haven't come across this 'itouch' format before now.
For this 30 Rock issue I specifically then changed quality setting to HD and then Best. Both times the exact same 'itouch' files were snatched. Not sure what the deal was there but I'm going to try a reinstall and see if that changes.

Which version are you running of sickbeard? I tihnk this was raised and fixed in the current version? I remember reading something about itouch episodes.

- bnevets27 - 2010-05-26

Nice work on the new website. This project has come a long way from r168. I like that the website has all the options described and install info. This will make it easier for more people to start using sickbeard.

Haven't followed the itouch issue, but an advance feature to filter out results would be very helpful. It would help with avoiding passworded files that are annoying.

- EMK0 - 2010-05-26

could the tvshow images be saved/loaded where sickbeard is run from? for the coming episodes page. Because right now when i go to coming episodes page it wakes up all the hard drivers on my nas just to load the images.

- Ryoga79 - 2010-05-26

circle_ Wrote:I really wish there was a way to filter searches.

I'm actually having the opposite problem, in that no matter what the series is set to, it always seems to want to download the 720p HD episode. Here's the valid log snippet from an episode last night:

Quote:May-26 06:52:13 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Sending NZB to SABnzbd
AA
May-26 06:52:13 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Downloading episode from http://nzbmatrix.com/api-nzb-download.php?id=658716&UID GOES HERE

May-26 06:52:03 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Sleeping 10 seconds to respect NZBMatrix's API rules
May-26 06:52:03 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Clearing cache and updating with new information
May-26 06:52:03 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Searching NZBMatrix for Justified - 1x11 - Veterans
May-26 06:52:03 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Searching for Justified - 1x11 - Veterans
May-26 06:52:03 INFO CP Server Thread-3 :: Searching for download for Justified - 1x11 - Veterans

It looks like it just searches NZBMatrix for the episode name and number, and if i do that search manually on NZBMatrix, the 720p episode is at the top of the list of search results. So, it looks like SB is searching and just grabbing the first ep it finds...

P.S. i'm running the latest alpha build, 451.

P.P.S - i'm not sure it's relevant, but this has only started happening since NZB's API and RSS crashed about a week ago.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-05-26

Ryoga79 Wrote:Here's the valid log snippet from an episode last night:

You should really edit your post to remove your UID/Hash from the nzbmatrix
link cause some troll may be a dick and use your VIP account to download stuff .

-Pr.

- Ryoga79 - 2010-05-26

Pr.Sinister Wrote:You should really edit your post to remove your UID/Hash from the nzbmatrix
link cause some troll may be a dick and use your VIP account to download stuff .

-Pr.

Oh man, that's what i get for doing my posts before the coffee has kicked in. Thanks for the catch!