Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- KrissO - 2010-05-29

I currently use XBMC for TV shows. I am quite new to XBMC, but I have a question.

Is there a way I can store the tbn and nfo files in a subfolder of the season folder that XBMC can read from? Or perhaps a fixed directory for all your shows?

If yes, can the same be chosen for where Sick Beard downloads those files?

Thanks

- Mrkennedy - 2010-05-29

sofakng Wrote:Is it possible to create new folders (for shows you want to add) from inside Sick Beard?

I'm not sure what version I'm using but I have to create an empty folder outside Sick Beard before I can add it...

EDIT: Also, sickbeard.org is very, very slick! (my only suggestion would be to simplify the screenshot transitions)

Pr.Sinister Wrote:Change your bookmark from http://localhost:8081/ to http://localhost:8081/home/

cheers worked

Updating Sickbeard - mra6368 - 2010-05-29

Just pulled latest version zip from Github. Unzipped to my user folder. I have a finder window open for new sickbeard folder and my present installed running sickbeard. What do i need to do now to keep all my present shows intact and run the new version?

- Habskilla - 2010-05-29

mra6368 Wrote:Just pulled latest version zip from Github. Unzipped to my user folder. I have a finder window open for new sickbeard folder and my present installed running sickbeard. What do i need to do now to keep all my present shows intact and run the new version?

Try copying over the .db file.

- Pr.Sinister - 2010-05-29

mra6368 Wrote:Just pulled latest version zip from Github. Unzipped to my user folder. I have a finder window open for new sickbeard folder and my present installed running sickbeard. What do i need to do now to keep all my present shows intact and run the new version?
  • Shutdown Sick Beard through the GUI
  • Delete everything from the current Sick Beard folder except
    • Cache Folder (optional)
    • Logs Folder (optional)
    • cache.db (optional)
    • config.ini
    • sickbeard.db
  • Move all the new files from the new folder to the old folder
  • Make sure your autoProcessTV.cfg is still configured correctly
  • Run SickBeard.py

- mra6368 - 2010-05-29

Worked a charm thanks

- tragick - 2010-05-30

I've been running alpha1 from source for a little while and it's been working great. However, I just tried to update to the latest from git and now when I try to start Sick Beard I get this error:

root@nodoubt:~# python /mnt/disk2/var/sickbeard/SickBeard.py &
[1] 1689
root@nodoubt:~# Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/mnt/disk2/var/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 35, in <module>
import sickbeard
File "/mnt/disk2/var/sickbeard/sickbeard/__init__.py", line 31, in <module>
from providers import eztv, nzbs, nzbmatrix, tvbinz, nzbsrus, binreq
ImportError: cannot import name nzbsrus

[1]+ Exit 1 python /mnt/disk2/var/sickbeard/SickBeard.py

Any ideas?

P.S. Thanks for the awesome program!

- midgetspy - 2010-05-30

Do you have the sickbeard/providers/nzbsrus.py file? It is in git...

- Mrkennedy - 2010-05-30

How do you add 'Continuing' to all your shows, it only seems to have added it to about 7 of my shows. Am missing about 20 or so. But these 7 are the only ones in 'coming soon' part.

cheers

- tragick - 2010-05-30

midgetspy Wrote:Do you have the sickbeard/providers/nzbsrus.py file? It is in git...
Yeah it was there...
I just deleted the sickbeard directory (except config.ini and the db) and it worked with the latest source.

- Vastlee - 2010-05-31

Getting a new error. Apparently Sick Beard now has a problem with there not being a directory with the show name?

"This show will be inactive until the dir is created."

It didn't used to. I have always moved my download directory over to an external drive & when a new show was downloaded it would create it. Something in my configuration wrong?

- midgetspy - 2010-05-31

Vastlee Wrote:Getting a new error. Apparently Sick Beard now has a problem with there not being a directory with the show name?

"This show will be inactive until the dir is created."

It didn't used to. I have always moved my download directory over to an external drive & when a new show was downloaded it would create it. Something in my configuration wrong?

It might work like that if it's already running but starting it with the show dirs missing will not work. It's something that will probably get fixed when I fix the tvshow.nfo stuff. For now it is not supported to remove your show dirs.

- Vastlee - 2010-05-31

midgetspy Wrote:It might work like that if it's already running but starting it with the show dirs missing will not work. It's something that will probably get fixed when I fix the tvshow.nfo stuff. For now it is not supported to remove your show dirs.

Interesting, ok. For now I'll keep the directories. Good lookin out brother.

- midgetspy - 2010-06-01

If anybody is feeling adventurous, the newqualities branch is getting semi-stable so if anybody wants to play with it I'd appreciate the help with testing. Advanced users only please, this is horrendously untested code.

You can use "git checkout newqualities" to switch branches or download the branch code straight from github (http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/zipball/newqualities). Back up your sickbeard.db/config.ini before you switch.

A quick description of the changes:

Quote:Instead of categorizing everything under two categories (SD/HD) Sick Beard now classifies all releases as one of six qualities:

SD TV
SD DVD
720p HDTV
720p WEB-DL
720p BluRay
1080p BluRay

When scanning existing files it will look in the filename for quality information and categorize them accordingly, or if no quality information is available it marks .avi files as SD TV and .mkv files as 720p HDTV. If you know your files aren't TV rips you can manually change the quality of your existing episodes by changing their status to the appropriate "Downloaded (xxx)" status. If you want to manually track your files' quality you can change the renaming settings to include quality at the end of the file name. This will ensure that if your database is lost or something that when you re-scan your episodes you won't need to manually set all the qualities again.

By default there are four presets that mirror the old settings - SD, HD, Best, and Any. You can also choose a custom quality setting by choosing which qualities should be downloaded when an episode first is released, and which qualities you want Sick Beard to re-download if they become available.

The biggest result of these changes is that there are no Backlog/Disc Backlog statuses anymore. When the backlog is searched it will instead look for any episodes that are marked "Wanted" as well as any episodes that are desired in a higher quality. Note that still only NZBs.org and NZBMatrix support backlog searches.

People constantly request ways to make their downloaded numbers look better, so I've added two new statuses, "Archived" and "Ignored" ;-P These statuses only affect the display of the episode download count on the home page: Archived means they're counted as downloaded, Ignored means they're not counted toward the available episode total. Also note that Missed/Backlog have both been replaced with "Wanted".

Also of note is that mass updating has been moved to "Manage Shows".

Please post your experiences/problems here or log bugs on google code, but be sure to clearly state that you're using the newqualities branch. Again I want to reiterate that there are sections of this code that have literally never been executed, this is very much an untested branch. If you have problems you can also come on irc (irc://irc.freenode.net/sickbeard).

- bobrap - 2010-06-01

Just tried the new quality build and noticed that files with mpg extension shows quality unknown.

Just saw that can be changed...cool.