Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Weavus - 2010-06-09

midgetspy Wrote:They should run at default priority already rather than high priority like new downloads.
Hmmm, just changed a load of my shows from SD or HD to Custom with a secondary download of SD DVD and run a backlog and its put a few hundred downloads on SABnzbd at high priority.

I've checked SABnzbd categories and its got default priority set for TV category, and default is set to normal in switches.

- midgetspy - 2010-06-09

Hmm I will take a look at it then... it's supposed to only make episodes that aired within a week high priority. But I never tried it ;-P

- speedkills - 2010-06-09

Kode Wrote:What update script are you using? If you are using the same one i put on lockstockmods as well then theres a reference to github on line 20 (wget http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/$branch)

I feel like a dummy, just staring at it too long and started to get loopy. I had that line commented out, I was trying to reduce the script to the bare minimum to get it to run and had commented out everything except sleep 5. I had named it to UpdateSickBeard.sh and never did get it to run from a terminal window but it will run if I right click it in Finder and say open in terminal. Weird, I am still very new to macs, I'm a windows guy and have no problem with command lines in windows but in Macs everything just doesn't quite work. I know it's supposed to run unix commands but I often seem to have to jump through hoops to get it to work.

Just last night when I tried your script I learned Macs don't come with wget installed. Easy enough I figured, I'll just download and install wget. I have to jump through command lines for that and figured this would come up often so I decided to install Fink which makes it easy to install unix utilities on a Mac, EXCEPT Find doesn't have compiled source for OSX 10.6, so I have to download the apple developer tools (xcode) to compile fink, and for that I have to register with apple before downloading a 2GB file, all this just to use wget. Sigh.

Why did I buy a Mac again knowing I would have little support as everyone seems to use Linux or Windows? Oh yeah, Plex, I love Plex, but some days I want to go back to plain old XBMC on a windows box....

But I digress. I'll try this again after work this evening without that line commented out and report back if it works on a Mac, and if so with instructions to get it working to help out the next guy who tries this.

Thanks,

-Shane

- Kode - 2010-06-09

did you make it executable with
Code:
chmod +x UpdateSickBeard.sh

I was trying to call it like a batch file, I didn't realize I had to use sh to launch it. Live and learn.

Here are the steps I took to finally get it working, super slick now that it is done.

1. Download and install xCode from Apple. You will have to sign up for a free developer account. http://developer.apple.com/technologies/xcode.html

2. Open a Terminal window (Applications > Utilities > Terminal) then run the following command, make sure it is all on one line.
ruby -e "$(curl http://gist.github.com/raw/323731/install_homebrew.rb)"

More details can be found here if you want to know what is happening, this installs HomeBrew which is a package manager for OSX. You need this to easily install wget which the update script relies on. http://wiki.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/installation.

3. Now in the terminal window type this to install wget:
brew install wget

4. Follow the instructions on http://wiki.github.com/mxcl/homebrew/installation to create an update script file.
For anyone new to Macs like me something I missed and didn't easily find was that to run a shell script you have to call "sh".

I kept trying to run:
UpdateSickbeard.sh
which failed for me, finally I realized I actually had to type:
sh UpdateSickbeard.sh

Also, it is a lot of downloading and installing just to gain access to the wget command. I know you could also just replace the wget command in the update script with curl which is installed on OSX natively but I went ahead and installed wget because so many scripts depend on it that I did not want to always have to modify them to use curl.

The update script works great, thanks Kode and Beckstown for all of your help!

- Kode - 2010-06-09

I didn't write the update script, beckstown did Smile I just wrote the guide for installing on unraid that beckstown took some inspiration from when writing the update script

Now that I am on the latest code I tried the backlog search again and it still fails to find shows on nzbMatrix that exist in the web search. Are there any good steps to help troubleshoot this? I tried both Project Runway S07E02 (any quality) and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations S07E02 (720p quality). Both exist and can be found with an nzbMatrix search but do not show in my backlog search. I have noticed slightly different behavior though in that now they don't exist when I manually search launch a search for an episode in SickBeard either, or maybe it just doesn't like those shows?

- mattressfish - 2010-06-09

speedkills Wrote:Now that I am on the latest code I tried the backlog search again and it still fails to find shows on nzbMatrix that exist in the web search. Are there any good steps to help troubleshoot this? I tried both Project Runway S07E02 (any quality) and Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations S07E02 (720p quality). Both exist and can be found with an nzbMatrix search but do not show in my backlog search. I have noticed slightly different behavior though in that now they don't exist when I manually search launch a search for an episode in SickBeard either, or maybe it just doesn't like those shows?

I'm having a similar issue. I thought maybe it was something in the version I downloaded, so I just redownloaded the source again. This is what I have in the logs:
Code:
Jun-09 17:28:27 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: No downloads were found
Jun-09 17:28:27 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching NZBs'R'US for Deadliest Catch - S06E09 - Glory Days
Jun-09 17:28:22 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching NZBs.org for Deadliest Catch - S06E09 - Glory Days
Jun-09 17:28:22 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching Bin-Req for Deadliest Catch - S06E09 - Glory Days
Jun-09 17:28:12 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Sleeping 10 seconds to respect NZBMatrix's rules
Jun-09 17:28:12 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching NZBMatrix for Deadliest Catch - S06E09 - Glory Days
Jun-09 17:28:12 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching for Deadliest Catch - S06E09 - Glory Days
Jun-09 17:28:12 INFO     CP Server Thread-4 :: Searching for download for Deadliest Catch - S06E09 - Glory Days
Jun-09 17:28:10 INFO     SEARCH :: Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
Jun-09 17:28:10 INFO     SEARCH :: No needed episodes found on the RSS feeds
Jun-09 17:28:09 INFO     SEARCH :: Clearing cache and updating with new information
Jun-09 17:28:06 INFO     SEARCH :: Clearing cache and updating with new information
Jun-09 17:28:04 INFO     SEARCH :: Clearing cache and updating with new information
Jun-09 17:28:02 INFO     SEARCH :: Clearing cache and updating with new information
Jun-09 17:28:01 INFO     SEARCH :: Searching all providers for any needed episodes
Jun-09 17:28:01 INFO     SEARCH :: Beginning search for new episodes on RSS
Jun-09 17:28:01 INFO     SEARCH :: Searching DB and building list of airing episodes
Jun-09 17:28:01 INFO     SEARCH :: Changing all old missing episodes to status WANTED

I did a quick search at NZBMatrix and was able to find what I was looking for.

- midgetspy - 2010-06-10

1) What quality is your show set to (paste it)
2) Paste the log (full debug log from sickbeard.log)
3) Paste the names of the reports you expected to find

- Kode - 2010-06-10

Its probably the same as i posted here http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=550341&postcount=1073 some things have different search criteria, in my case it was looking for doctor.who.S05E10 and finding nothing, but if you change it to doctor.who.5x10 it found the right entries

- midgetspy - 2010-06-10

Yes any episode with SxEE format won't be found in manual/backlog searches at the moment, that's a known issue.

- midgetspy - 2010-06-10

Flain Wrote:While i'm not a developer on this, i can say that no he doesn't have plans (currently). It's been asked before about movies and the answer is "not currently" so mp3s... same answer id imagine Tongue I can totally understand though, if you check the googlecode page there are changes and progress being made on this app every day so midgetspy must be very very busy doing the tv support

Yep, exactly. On this subject, if anybody is interested in keeping up with the source you can watch http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/commits/master.atom for commit updates.

- speedkills - 2010-06-10

Very cool, just added that feed to my google reader.

- mattressfish - 2010-06-10

midgetspy Wrote:1) What quality is your show set to (paste it)
2) Paste the log (full debug log from sickbeard.log)
3) Paste the names of the reports you expected to find

Assuming that you're talking to me...

1. I have Custom quality set. Initial is set to SD TV and 720P TV. Redownload is set to 720P TV.

2. Not sure where to find that. I did a search for sickbeard.log and came up with nothing.

3. Not sure what you mean by report, but here is a successful search of NZBMatrix...

Adding show with Unicode Character - Pr.Sinister - 2010-06-10

TV Show : Avez-Vous Déjà Vu

Trying to add a show that doesn't have a folder yet and that has unicode characters gives me this error :

Code:
400 Bad Request

The request entity could not be decoded. The following charsets were attempted: [u'utf-8']

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\SickBeard\cherrypy\_cprequest.py", line 653, in respond
    self.body.process()
  File "C:\SickBeard\cherrypy\_cpreqbody.py", line 707, in process
    super(RequestBody, self).process()
  File "C:\SickBeard\cherrypy\_cpreqbody.py", line 320, in process
    proc(self)
  File "C:\SickBeard\cherrypy\_cpreqbody.py", line 79, in process_urlencoded
    "charsets were attempted: %s" % repr(entity.attempt_charsets))
HTTPError: (400, "The request entity could not be decoded. The following charsets were attempted: [u'utf-8']")