Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- Flomaster - 2010-06-17

I have SickBeard setup to use SABnzbdPlus and its searching on NzbMatrix its finding shows, tells me it has downloaded the nzb files, NzbMatrix confirms I have downloaded, but SAbNzbdplus is NOT download the actually file and I am not sure where SickBeard downloaded my nzb file to..

maybe i have a setting not quite right or some thing I dunno

-=Jason=-

- Flomaster - 2010-06-17

beckstown Wrote:Very nice tutorial. Although I had sickbeard already running I got some new ideas from your post. One came from the commands you posted for updating sickbeard. So I came up with a shell script which automates the whole updating process for people with an unRAID system or ubuntu users that dont want to install git.

There are only two conditions for using this script:

1. Your sickbeard folder has to be named "sickbeard.

2. You to adapt line 4 of the script to make it running on your system. You have to set path=/home/user to the folder path of the PARENT directory of your sickbeard installation (the directory in which the "sickbeard" folder is located). Note that there is no "/" at the end of the path information as it will not function otherwise.

You run the script by typing: sh /path/to/script/NameOfScript

I named it update_sickbeard, but any name will do.

So what does the script do?

1. It gets your login information from your autoProcessTV.cfg file and then shuts down sickbeard.

2. Downloads the newest sickbeard version, extracts it and makes a backup copy of your current installation named sickbeard_backup. For this reason, IF SOMETHING GOES WRONG, DONT RUN THE SCRIPT DIRECTLY A SECOND TIME. First save you sickbeard.db, config.ini and autoProcessTV.cfg in another folder. Otherwise you might loose the files.

3. The script then copies sickbeard.db, config.ini and autoProcessTV.cf into the newly downloaded sickbeard folder, deletes the old sickbeard folder and renames the new one to "sickbeard".

4. Sickbeard is started as daemon with: nohup python SickBeard.py &

If you want to use this script, just copy the text below into a file:

Code:
#!/bin/sh

# Required setting: Absolute path to parent directory of sickbeard folder.
path=/home/user

# Optional setting to switch branch. DONT CHANGE IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS!
branch=master

# Get webgui access settings from autoProcessTV (needs to be set up) and shutdown sickbeard.
host=`echo | grep 'host=' $path/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg | cut -d '=' -f2 | tr -d '\r'`
port=`echo | grep 'port=' $path/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg | cut -d '=' -f2 | tr -d '\r'`
user=`echo | grep 'username=' $path/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg | cut -d '=' -f2 | tr -d '\r'`
pass=`echo | grep 'password=' $path/sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg | cut -d '=' -f2 | tr -d '\r'`
wget --user=$user --password=$pass http://$host:$port/home/shutdown
sleep 5s

# Get source and untar it.
cd $path
wget http://github.com/midgetspy/Sick-Beard/tarball/$branch
tar zxf midgetspy-Sick-Beard*
rm midgetspy-Sick-Beard*.tar.gz

# Make backup copy of old sickbeard & setup new sickbeard version
cp -R sickbeard sickbeard_backup
mv sickbeard/sickbeard.db midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*/
mv sickbeard/config.ini midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*/
mv sickbeard/autoProcessTV/autoProcessTV.cfg midgetspy-Sick-Beard-*/autoProcessTV/
rm -rf sickbeard
mv midgetspy-Sick-Beard-* sickbeard

# Start sickbeard as daemon
cd sickbeard
nohup python SickBeard.py &

after following your guide sickbeard no longer autostarts and when I try and start it it tells me this error.
Code:
jason@HTPC:~$ /etc/init.d/sickbeard.sh start
Starting Sick Beard.
jason@HTPC:~$ Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/jason/sickbeard/SickBeard.py", line 36, in <module>
    import sickbeard
ImportError: No module named sickbeard

-=Jason=-

- kri kri - 2010-06-17

mattressfish Wrote:After finding out Horizon is a show I'm interested in, I tried to add it. SB definitely doesn't like that show. It thinks there is only one or two shows a year, back to 1977.

You need to do it like this:

\\SERVER\Videos\TV Series\Horizon\Season 1982\1982x14 - The Case of the UFOs.avi

Cool

- mattressfish - 2010-06-17

kri kri Wrote:You need to do it like this:

\\SERVER\Videos\TV Series\Horizon\Season 1982\1982x14 - The Case of the UFOs.avi

Cool

Not for SB I don't. All I need to do is add the 'Horizon' folder, since I don't have any of the shows. As it downloads the shows, it will create all the folders underneath that and name all the shows for me.

However, it didn't even figure out the right number of shows...

- midgetspy - 2010-06-17

What version do you have? New versions allow episodes with no air date, perhaps that's the problem?

- mattressfish - 2010-06-17

midgetspy Wrote:What version do you have? New versions allow episodes with no air date, perhaps that's the problem?

Assuming that you're talking to me, I'll redownload it tonite

- DrStrange - 2010-06-17

I've added a TV show whose next season doesn't start until Tues 6 July but in "Coming Episodes", Sick Beard lists it first in a separate item as "Tuesday". This is the first show to air by that date. I would have expected this TV show just to be put in with the rest of the shows that are "More than one week" away from airing.
Is this by design or a bug?
Thanks.

- midgetspy - 2010-06-17

It's a bug... been there since day one but I've never had the motivation to fix it, hehe.

- kri kri - 2010-06-17

Any idea why Life in the Freezer doesn't list the eps in SB?

http://thetvdb.com/index.php?id=74373

The tv db seems correct.

Feature request: List the file size in SB.

- midgetspy - 2010-06-17

Cause they have no air date and your SB is too old. It's fixed in current versions.

- mattressfish - 2010-06-18

mattressfish Wrote:Not for SB I don't. All I need to do is add the 'Horizon' folder, since I don't have any of the shows. As it downloads the shows, it will create all the folders underneath that and name all the shows for me.

However, it didn't even figure out the right number of shows...

Downloading the current version resolved the issue.

- mattressfish - 2010-06-18

Okay, I'm lazy. I got tired of downloading the source and stuff so I put together a batch file to do it for me. If any of you are interested in downloading it, its here:

http://uselessforums.com/crap/SBUpdater.zip

Read the readme.

- mcborzu - 2010-06-18

I always peek at this thread...I have a solid 3 days off, is there any tips or timesaving recommendations anyone has for someone just trying it out?

I've also glanced at the confiq/forums at sickbeard.com but sometimes someone who just installed it a week ago has some good advise. I'm on W7 btw, thx for any replies...

- Kode - 2010-06-18

How does Sickbeard handle incomplete nzbs?
I did a search on a missing episode last night, it found a match, sent it to sabnzbd, sabznbd downloaded the HD episode, but when it tried to extract it there were some missing bits and not enough pars to repair.
If i do a search again is it just going to pick up the same nzb again? Or does/can it blacklist that one?

- DK10 - 2010-06-18

I see on the SB wiki that multiepisode files are supported as so

1. How should I name double episodes?

* Separating the episodes with a dash (-) should work, or an x in the case of 1x01x02 formats.

Is S01E01E02 format supported?

ie is House - S01E01E02 - Pilot.avi supported?