Kodi Community Forum
Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Sick Beard - Automatic TV Show Episode download/sort/rename, nfo/tbn maker & TV Guide (/showthread.php?tid=63591)

- ECEC - 2010-08-08

darkscout Wrote:Getting an internal error while trying to manually process files.

Code:
OSError: [Errno 13] Permission denied

That would make it seem like you don't have correct permissions to the folder you're trying to process from or process to.

- gvnmccld - 2010-08-08

ECEC Wrote:That would make it seem like you don't have correct permissions to the folder you're trying to process from or process to.

I'm having the same issue, I changed permissions on the downloaded folders to 777 and xbmc as the owner and it still can't delete them. It was working a few days ago (I've updated source since then)

- darkscout - 2010-08-08

ECEC Wrote:That would make it seem like you don't have correct permissions to the folder you're trying to process from or process to.

1) It worked before I did a big git pull.
2) 'sudo su downloader' and I can manipulate all the files just fine as the account that is running as.
3) Everything is all_squash on the machine it is manipulating files on so it should see it as the 'user'.
4) It does do 1-2 at a time. I just have to keep hitting refresh. It'll do 1-2 more then bomb.

- craigd - 2010-08-09

Just started using this, been meaning to try it for ages and boy do I wish I had earlier, amazing app.

Only problem I've had so far are shows with special characters in the names don't seem to get recognised.

eg.
Carnivàle.....show added in list but no episodes found and all give error Unable to decode value: 'Carniv\xe0le

a lot of idividual episodes have same issues also.

It's not a big issue as the files are unnafected but I've been using the app to find any gaps in my shows and creates a lot of false positives.

Couldn't find any record of this on the website or here and thought I'd check if others had same issue before adding a bug

- midgetspy - 2010-08-09

What version are you using? Character encoding has been a problem off and on but I thought I had it working again...

- SofaKng - 2010-08-09

Can somebody explain why this didn't match?

Quote:Aug-09 12:36:23 INFO BACKLOG :: Provider gave result Discovery Channel MythBusters S08E11 MythBusters Top 25 Moments 720p HDTV x264 DHD but that doesn't seem like a valid result for MythBusters so I'm ignoring it

The episode in the show listing is displayed as season 8 and episode 11 with an episode name of "MythBusters Top 25 Moments" so I'm not sure why it didn't match. Was it because the channel (Discovery Channel) was listed in the title?

- handsomepete - 2010-08-09

Sickbeard mentioned on Lifehackers

Top 10 Tools for Managing and Automating Your Media Downloads

Big Grin

- mwkurt - 2010-08-09

Midgetspy,

Have you had the chance to revisit my problem of SB redownloading episodes I already had, even though they were SDDVD and that was my download preference? I downloaded Rev 458 and then spent a few hours changing downloaded episodes to "archive", as you said it would not try to redownload stuff, however, it did not work. A day or so later all of the episodes I had changed changed back to "SD TV". Last night I did a backlog search and episodes I already had, in SDDVD, were redownloading. I think the main problem is that SB will not keep either the "SDDVD" or "archive" setting for epsiodes thet were already on a disc when SB was installed. I guess there is way to install SB so that episodes someone may already have are recognized as what they want so they will not redownload since I appear to be the only one having this problem. So let me ask....
Is there a way to install SB and have already downloaded episodes recognized and recorded as "SDDVD" if that is the quality that I want SB to download for me in the future? What setting would I have to choose before having SB scan my directories to insure that what I have is labeled as "SD DVD" and keep SB from trying to upgrade my episodes to "SD DVD" from "SD TV"?
Thanks for any help that anyone can give!
Mark

- midgetspy - 2010-08-09

There is no way to have it automatically assume your eps are SD DVD but you can just mark them that way manually (one show at a time).

Are you talking about re-creating your database and the DVD/Archived status isn't kept? I'm not sure what you mean by "installing" SB, but the Archived status shouldn't revert to anything else, if it does please post a log.

- mwkurt - 2010-08-09

Midgetspy,

I have tried marking my previously downloaded episodes as "SD DVD" and they were changed by Sickbeard to "SD TV" at which time Sickbeard tried to redownload said episodes. So I complained to you and then tried the "archive" quality because you said it was fixed so that Sickbeard would leave those alone. Well, that was not the case as I set all of my previously downloaded episodes to that quality on Thursday of last week. Last night (Sunday) I did a backlog search and low and behold, all of my newly marked "archive" episodes were being downloaded. When I looked at them, they were classified as "SD TV". I don't know when or why they are being reclassified by Sickbeard but it was sometime between Thursday evening and Sunday evening. I have no idea what to look for in the logs. There are six logs of about 24,000 bytes each. I would love to post a log for you but am not going to go through all of those lines of log. If you tell me what to look for, I can maybe do a search.
Thanks for your help,
Mark

- midgetspy - 2010-08-09

OK, please answer the part about your database and "installing". About the log, do this:

- check the latest log timestamp in sickbeard.log
- find an episode that is set to SD TV and has an associated file
- change the status to "Archived"
- click "Rescan files", wait till it finishes
- if the episode is now set back to SD TV, retrieve the log up to that timestamp and post it. if not, you need to figure out where the problem is occurring before I have a hope of fixing it.

- craigd - 2010-08-09

midgetspy Wrote:What version are you using? Character encoding has been a problem off and on but I thought I had it working again...

Using build 458 on windows 7 x64

- midgetspy - 2010-08-09

Hmm, open an issue report and post the log and I will check it out.

- mwkurt - 2010-08-10

Midgetspy,

I actually have tried to set a show's episodes to "archived" and then rescanned. The "archived" setting was still there. It seems to change sometime afterwards.

As far as the database thing, I was going to uninstall Sickbeard, then reinstall with whatever setting it would have taken to get my shows to be set to "SD DVD". As you said, there is nothing I can do to get that setting. Anything I try results in a setting of "SD TV", which results in those shows being re-downloaded, if available.

Thanks again,
Mark

- midgetspy - 2010-08-10

Well the only time the status should get changed is during a file rescan so until you can figure out how/when your shows are getting changed from Archived to SD TV I have no idea where to start unfortunately. If you manually set them to SD DVD (or anything else) they shouldn't ever change automatically either, so if you can figure out when that is happening I can look at that too. Without more info there is nothing I can do.