Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- dan991199 - 2010-06-10

hey sharpe, in the newest version, i see you did away with the small wall icons view. is there any chance this will make a comeback?

i and a few of my peers are of the opinion this was the best view Smile

Thanks.

- Sharpe - 2010-06-10

Hi

It's still there, just disabled for now whilst I look at reorganising the video library views structure.

To get it back edit MyVideoNav.xml in the PAL16x9 folder. Find <include>List5</include> replace with <include>SmallIcons</include>

- ConfusedNewUser - 2010-06-10

Regarding the TV Shows section, I've been reading throughout this forum that the file name must be consistent with the name on one of the DB sites so that the scraper can properly identify it. However, I do not have the TV episodes in individual files, rather they are ripped copies of DVDs (the same format as I use with movies). Therefore, I am looking for a way for the TV shows section to show them, without ripping the episodes individually and losing out on the menus, chapters, etc. I have not been able to find anything regarding that setup on the forum. Is it possible?

Thanks.

- dan991199 - 2010-06-12

Sharpe Wrote:Hi

It's still there, just disabled for now whilst I look at reorganising the video library views structure.

To get it back edit MyVideoNav.xml in the PAL16x9 folder. Find <include>List5</include> replace with <include>SmallIcons</include>

awesome, thanks sharpe

- djdafreund - 2010-06-12

ConfusedNewUser Wrote:Regarding the TV Shows section, I've been reading throughout this forum that the file name must be consistent with the name on one of the DB sites so that the scraper can properly identify it. However, I do not have the TV episodes in individual files, rather they are ripped copies of DVDs (the same format as I use with movies). Therefore, I am looking for a way for the TV shows section to show them, without ripping the episodes individually and losing out on the menus, chapters, etc. I have not been able to find anything regarding that setup on the forum. Is it possible?

Thanks.
We request that you please post question's like this in the proper forum, this is not skin related, and related directly to XBMC functionality. I see you are new and I'm just trying to keep this forum clean. Thank you. Try posting in the XBMC Help forum.

Time - superrrguy - 2010-06-27

Hey Sharpe,

I love the new updates.

Just a heads up.
The time on the top left is cutoff on a NTSC 4:3.
I only see the 1st number of the time.

Is there a file I can edit to correct this?

Also, I cannot access any of the System Settings.
It's just a black screen.

- Sharpe - 2010-06-27

Hi superrrguy - thanks for info.

I've made a few alterations that hopefully should fix the 4:3 settings issues.

Hard to judge the time length problem without having an NTSC 4:3 setup but I've altered the time font size in the NTSC folder - let me know if it's any better for you.

- superrrguy - 2010-06-27

Sharpe Wrote:Hi superrrguy - thanks for info.

I've made a few alterations that hopefully should fix the 4:3 settings issues.

Hard to judge the time length problem without having an NTSC 4:3 setup but I've altered the time font size in the NTSC folder - let me know if it's any better for you.

Almost. Now the text is so tiny, it's hard to see.

Also, it it me or are the Movie Thumbnails smaller after you tweaked the font?

- Sharpe - 2010-06-27

Looks like it's loading up the widescreen version - are you using the old Back-Row or the newer skin.Back-Row version?

If it's the older version try editing the skin.xml and change the <defaultresolution> to PAL

Let me know what that does.

I'm downloading from your Back-Row Skin - ALT Download Location so I guess it's the Back-Row. Not skin.Back-Row.

I changed the Default to PAL and now the Movie Thumbnails look good.

The font for the clock is still tiny though.

- Sharpe - 2010-06-27

Okay nice work - try editing the font.xml in the NTSC folder change the Time font to a bigger size - try 13.

If that looks okay I'll update the old version of the skin with those changes.

I think that did the trick.

One last spacing / alignment thing.
The Approx Ending Time is cut off.

- mcoto - 2010-07-02

djdafreund Wrote:Yeah, changes are being made so we can hopefully be one of the first set of theme's to be on the official XBMC add-ons svn. This means you will be able to update,etc from within XBMC. In time of course, and not until the XBMC team is finished and ready to have this stuff officially announced it's done and ready for prime time. (Just saying this so people don't expect this to happen soon.) More of 'behind the scene's info' only here.

That's awesome. This is by far my favorite skin. I have set up XBMC for a several nontechnical people and they can all use back-row with ease, but its still has everything you need including the latest features. I have been using this skin exclusively for months now.

Hopefully this will spread the word to more people. I'd especially like to thank Sharpe who is astonishingly responsive and has the patience of a saint

M

- Sharpe - 2010-07-03

Thanks mcoto I really appreciate the support Smile

I've just been doing a bit of work on the skin this afternoon.

I've altered the home menu shortcut process by going down the route pioneered in Transparancy and Night. Simply using your favourites list to id items you want to have as a shortcut then setting that favourite item as the actual shortcut using CF2009's favourite script. Thanks to CF2009 for the fancy script and mcborzu for a few lines I've lifted Wink.

Also I've been playing around with TV show logos and have been using ppic's ace downloader script. Thanks to ppic.

I'm still not entirely certain what I might do with the logos but have made a start at including them. It'll be a work in progess - suggestions always very welcome.

- djdafreund - 2010-07-04

Sharpe, that's great!!! I don't know if you read in his thread, but I got his permission to include his logo grabber script for us to include in our builds. Smile It's a great start what you've done so far from looking at the picture above. And hopefully do something similar to the episode view, where you can see the episode's at the bottom across as a line, with the fan art as the background, somewhere show the logo somewhere easily scene. Maybe i might mess with a mockup when i get a chance to get some idea's. We can add that stuff to our credit stuff in the skin file. (skin info)
I am so happy to hear your new change to the favorite's!!!!!!!!!!!! I was always disliking the older method with having to search and type the proper location and name and all that stuff. This will make things SO much easier now. YES!!! Thanks!!!