Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-07

Sharpe Wrote:Just to let you know I finally got round to adding singles to the sub menu controls by default.

That's great...thanks so much Sharpe.

Quick observation on Kiosk Mode....I love it and think it's a brilliant feature...However the only thing preventing me from running it is the loss of ability to easily toggle shuffle on/off for music.

I actually can toggle shuffle easily with a button on my remote....only problem is I have no easy way of knowing whether shuffle is on or off.

So....would it be feasible to have a message appear when shuffle is toggled on /off (ie a simple pop up saying "shuffle on" or "shuffle off"?)

I think this would be a great addition to XBMC in general - shuffle is such a basic function it would be much nicer not to have to access a hidden menu to check if it's on or off.

Thanks!

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-07

I made a concept for the tvshow inplementation in the small-banner-view:

Before:

Concept:

Its just a little tweak, but I dont like there to be simple text (the title), even no text would be nice, because everyone have tagged tvshows and the banners are pretty much self-explaining.
However, a tvshow-logo, would be nice.

btw, I had also an idea from an animation like this: The logo.png comes after 4 seconds from the bottom to the current position.
So that there is nothing, and if you keep staying for 4 seconds on a banner you will see an animation of the tvshow-logo which comes smoothly from the bottom-side. What do you think, Sharpe ?

Greetz
ubuntuf4n

- djdafreund - 2010-07-07

I think that's a nice idea. And to add to it, in the box that comes up, in addition to the logo (I think Sharpe mentioned he might already be adding the logo to this view instead of text if a logo exist.) to maybe have just a few lines of info about the show. Like maybe Episode's number (total episode's), and/or other idea's. This is something we can build up on.

I use this view personally as well for TV Shows, and wouldn't mind throwing some idea's around to touch up on with this view. Again, i believe Sharpe mentioned he might be already doing something with using logo's now on this view, but it would be cool to see maybe a few other small details about it in the same box, and have it come up in animation like you mentioned. I agree, that the selection is pretty noticable the way it is, and Would be cool to use something more useful with the bottom box, including the new logo and maybe a few info tags.

- Sharpe - 2010-07-07

kiboy6 Wrote:That's great...thanks so much Sharpe.

Quick observation on Kiosk Mode....I love it and think it's a brilliant feature...However the only thing preventing me from running it is the loss of ability to easily toggle shuffle on/off for music.

I actually can toggle shuffle easily with a button on my remote....only problem is I have no easy way of knowing whether shuffle is on or off.

So....would it be feasible to have a message appear when shuffle is toggled on /off (ie a simple pop up saying "shuffle on" or "shuffle off"?)

I think this would be a great addition to XBMC in general - shuffle is such a basic function it would be much nicer not to have to access a hidden menu to check if it's on or off.

Thanks!

Are you meaning that because the screen menu is repressed you can't access "party mode"? If so maybe I could add it somewhere else? Perhaps to the context menu?

I'll look into the message thing.

- Sharpe - 2010-07-07

ubuntuf4n & djdafreund - yeah I agree something involving a logo and perhaps more info. Thing to remember is that space is pretty tight in that view - there isn't much to play with at the bottom or the top. It might require removing a row and a little respacing.

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-07

Sharpe Wrote:Are you meaning that because the screen menu is repressed you can't access "party mode"? If so maybe I could add it somewhere else? Perhaps to the context menu?

I'll look into the message thing.

Sorry - what i meant is that in "Playlist" view the shuffle on/off button is also located in the repressed menu.

The message for shuffle on / off is actually a somehwat glaring omission from XBMC in general IMO. Given how much most music listeners use shuffle it seems strange that out of the box it is so un-intuitive to find out the current status of shuffle. If there's a way you could figure out for Back-Row to provide a solution to this it would be really cool.

One other sad loss (to me) if kiosk mode is enabled is the toggling of "watched" "unwatched" or "all movies". Is there any possible other place you reckon that could go?

Thanks Sharpe!

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-07

Sharpe Wrote:ubuntuf4n & djdafreund - yeah I agree something involving a logo and perhaps more info. Thing to remember is that space is pretty tight in that view - there isn't much to play with at the bottom or the top. It might require removing a row and a little respacing.

Removing a row for the tvshow logo would be not good.
Then it is better without the TVshow-logo for this view.

Would it possible to scale the tvshow-logo, so that we dont have to remove any row, because basically this skin-view is perfectly as it is.

btw, Could anyone check this question ?

Actually, what i had in mind wasn't meaning to do anything with the size of the bar. I meant to continue keeping the current size the same, but just add a tag or two maybe of just how many episode's (if it works and looks ok.) and replacing the text logo with image logo. So nothing dimension wise would be changed at all, just the logo replacement from text (if exists) and maybe adding a tag in the space to the left or right inside the bar. If anything, JUST the logo then if possible, with no size adjustments. (Everything on that view is already great AS-IS.)

- Sharpe - 2010-07-07

I think the logo in that small a space would look pretty rubbish to be honest.

Do you not think it's too small?

yeah, i do after looking at that image. I was looking at Ubuntuf4n's concept shot with the title in one line. Wasn't thinking about log's like family guy with 2 lines, thus overall being smaller. Guess there's not too much to be done with this particular view then. That's a good thing though.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-07

Yeah looks to small, so better stay as it is, without any changes.

- Sharpe - 2010-07-07

How about keeping the text but with some info labels?

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-08

Looks good for me, better than before, but I could also live if there would be nothing (like empty space, which we could use for scaling up/zooming the whole view.)
Make it as you like, Sharpe :-)

One important thing
(for me): You mentioned earlier that you've put there a loop-back, if you scroll down and come to the last entry.

I dont like that, because the loop-back comes suddenly, without having a chance for quick-scrolling to the end. Every quick scrolling let you begin from the start and so on.
You can't stay on your fav show on the end by holding the down-button, its impossible (only annoying one-by-one button pressing would do it.)

My Suggestions:

a) Make there a wall after the last entry, so that there is no loop-back (like one of your buggy builds).

or

b) Include a delay so that holding the down button (on my microsoft mce remote) would not loop-back immediately and I got a chance for selecting my last entries.

I just want to add that I have a lot of different TVshows (around 50 shows) and It would be very comfortable if one of this two things could be implemented.

Actually that's the last point which I'm missing, everything else is simply PERFECT. Laugh

Greetings,
Ubuntuf4n

- djdafreund - 2010-07-08

Sharpe, that actually looks fine. There's not much to be done with this view. I like the new changes. That's what i had in mind about the labels and just text name of show. Looks better that way, and not TOO much looking.

I don't think that's a bad idea, if possible, to remove loop-back with at least this view with banners, that way when scrolling through your shows it doesn't jump quickly to the top of the list. Only if it's not much trouble. It's ok the way it is, but this would improve things on this view.

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-10

Sharpe Wrote:Just to let you know I finally got round to adding singles to the sub menu controls by default.

One further tiny small request on this if you agree:

While I love having singles in the music submenu, this change has now pushed "recently added" off the screen on the music submenu (requires a scroll to the right).

Music is now the only section where "recently added" isn't immediately visible when down is pressed for the submenu. Any chance of swapping the positions of "songs" and "recently added" to bring "recently added" back to the first page? (Perhaps even moving it to the center of the screen to match it's position in the Movies and TV Shows submenus)

I may be wrong but I don't imagine many people with a decent music library use the "songs" selection all that much....

Thanks!