Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- Sharpe - 2010-07-11

kiboy6 Wrote:...Any chance of swapping the positions of "songs" and "recently added" to bring "recently added" back to the first page? (Perhaps even moving it to the center of the screen to match it's position in the Movies and TV Shows submenus)...

Done and done.

Cheers

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-11

ubuntuf4n Wrote:...
One important thing (for me): You mentioned earlier that you've put there a loop-back, if you scroll down and come to the last entry.

I dont like that, because the loop-back comes suddenly, without having a chance for quick-scrolling to the end. Every quick scrolling let you begin from the start and so on.
You can't stay on your fav show on the end by holding the down-button, its impossible (only annoying one-by-one button pressing would do it.)

My Suggestions:

a) Make there a wall after the last entry, so that there is no loop-back (like one of your buggy builds).

or

b) Include a delay so that holding the down button (on my microsoft mce remote) would not loop-back immediately and I got a chance for selecting my last entries.

I just want to add that I have a lot of different TVshows (around 50 shows) and It would be very comfortable if one of this two things could be implemented.

Actually that's the last point which I'm missing, everything else is simply PERFECT. Laugh

Greetings,
Ubuntuf4n

Sharpe, could you check this ? Smile

- Sharpe - 2010-07-11

ubuntuf4n Wrote:...b) Include a delay so that holding the down button (on my microsoft mce remote) would not loop-back immediately and I got a chance for selecting my last entries.

It should do that already - try it with a keyboard. Press down and keep it held down. Watch it scroll to the bottom then remain on the last entry until you take your finger off the down button and press down again. It does this when I use my remote as well.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-12

Sharpe Wrote:It should do that already - try it with a keyboard. Press down and keep it held down. Watch it scroll to the bottom then remain on the last entry until you take your finger off the down button and press down again. It does this when I use my remote as well.

Okay, Working fine with my keyboard, but not with my MS MCE Remote (using the IRServerSuite).
I think that it is a problem with the signal interval of IRsuite.

EDIT: I can't find the *.bat file for building pre-merge releases :confused2:
The folder 'build' is still there.

Anything changed in the latest build ?

Greetz,
ubuntuf4n

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-12

btw, I would like to see a submenu for 'settings' in the home menu screen.
Would be nice to have a quick access thingy.

What do you think ?

- djdafreund - 2010-07-12

I think you shouldn't DOUBLE-POST. As far as the request, let's see what we can do.

- kiboy6 - 2010-07-12

Sharpe Wrote:Done and done.

Cheers

Beautiful - thanks Sharpe. I appreciate so much how you let end-users like me with little to no coding experience play some tiny part in the look of the skin by your endless patience with and implementation of user suggestions!

Just in case you find yourself looking for anything else to tweak on the skin hehe - I just wanted to remind you of a couple of feature suggestions I mentioned in the past to see if you had given them any thought / decided against pursuing them.

1.) shuffle on/off display

2.) Display Album Artist fanart before generic fanart when artist fanart not present in "fanart instead of visualization'"

3.) Fix for Jerky Ken Burns in music fanart slideshow - Don't know if I'm the only one who experiences this or just the only one who's bothered by it!

4.) Not mentioned before - but is there currently no way to view meta data icons (eg 720p, DTS) for movies? I see them for TV shows but not for movies (I use List 3 view - could they fit somewhere on the info page perhaps?)

Sharpe Wrote:The problem with Album.Artist would be that it would often be the same as Artist. The trick would be writing something that looked at one now playing attribute first then if that was empty moving on to the next now playing attribute. - Let me have a think about it.

Heh - Ken Burns still not smooth for you huh? We'll nail that one next.

Of course if you're just busy prepping BackRow for official repo inclusion (congrats BTW) and don't have time for such footling suggestions right now just say the word!

Thanks so much Big Grin

- Sharpe - 2010-07-12

ubuntuf4n Wrote:....I can't find the *.bat file for building pre-merge releases....Anything changed in the latest build?

Yep we're not using the SVN for the pre-merge release anymore. The SVN is now where we are storing the skin for the XBMC Add-Ons Repo. Part of putting all that in place required us to do a clean up and remove the old build stuff and and the, now unnecessary, texture packer files (all the building is now handled internally).

The old pre-merge version is still available in the download link found in the second post in this thread alongside an up to date post-merge version. These will always be up to date.

The idea is that after we update the SVN with quite a few changes we will request the skin be updated in the Add-Ons repo. We don't plan to over do this as it would be a pain having the skin constantly in need of updating.

- Sharpe - 2010-07-12

kiboy6 Wrote:Beautiful - thanks Sharpe. I appreciate so much how you let end-users like me with little to no coding experience play some tiny part in the look of the skin..

...Just in case you find yourself looking for anything else to tweak on the skin hehe - I just wanted to remind you of a couple of feature suggestions I mentioned in the past to see if you had given them any thought / decided against pursuing them.

1.) shuffle on/off display

2.) Display Album Artist fanart before generic fanart when artist fanart not present in "fanart instead of visualization'"

3.) Fix for Jerky Ken Burns in music fanart slideshow - Don't know if I'm the only one who experiences this or just the only one who's bothered by it!

4.) Not mentioned before - but is there currently no way to view meta data icons (eg 720p, DTS) for movies? I see them for TV shows but not for movies (I use List 3 view - could they fit somewhere on the info page perhaps?)...

I appreciate the input from all you guys - it's your input that's the driving force behind this skin. All these points will get looked at.

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-07-12

I found a bug: (while playing a moving) If you go back to your movie collection and try to scroll them, the currently playing movie is shown as invisible.

- mcoto - 2010-07-13

Quick request. I think this was mentioned earlier, but when I'm in the list view and select a movie, view the info or the trailer would it be possible return to the same point in the list (right now it goes back to the start of the list). I have 300 + movies and scrolling back to the same point is a bit of a pain (Yeah...I'm that lazy)

- Uli666 - 2010-07-13

Hi Sharpe, hi djdafreund!

I don't know if you remember me. I used to contribute with the skin, especially about 4:3 on Xbox and CD/DVDwrap visualizations, on the xbox-scene forum. I'm glad I found you here now, because the thread there is a little abandoned.

I just downloaded the last T3CH build of XBMC (08/07/2010) and wanted to put on the last version of your great skin (and one of the few that still supports 4:3 PAL). I downloaded it from the usual ALT Download link in your signature and installed it on my Xbox, but unfortunately it doesn't work very well. Lot of parts are missing in the settings screens and I can't access my shared folders in video and music sections (only the visualization choice and black screen appear). Eek

Can you please tell me if I do something wrong? Because I never had problems with skins and this looks very weird to me. Huh

As soon as I'll be able to use it in a normal way I'll be glad to start back testing the skin on my Xbox.

Uli666

- Sharpe - 2010-07-13

Hello Uli666 - of course we remember you! How's it going fella?

Oh that doesn't sound good - try copying the contents of the PAL folder into the PAL16X9 folder. Then delete the old PAL folder - finally rename the PAL16X9 folder to PAL.

Let me know if that fixes things for you?

- Sharpe - 2010-07-13

mcoto Wrote:Quick request. I think this was mentioned earlier, but when I'm in the list view and select a movie, view the info or the trailer would it be possible return to the same point in the list (right now it goes back to the start of the list). I have 300 + movies and scrolling back to the same point is a bit of a pain (Yeah...I'm that lazy)

Yep like I've mentioned before that bug for that list view would require a huge rewrite of the video library views - I do intend to fix it but only when I get the time to redo the all views for 720P.

- Sharpe - 2010-07-13

ubuntuf4n Wrote:I found a bug: (while playing a moving) If you go back to your movie collection and try to scroll them, the currently playing movie is shown as invisible.

I can't recreate this - can you go into more detail?