Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- Sharpe - 2010-10-25

djdafreund Wrote:Never mind, it's working with the darma b3, pc version. I'll stick with that until they fix the building problem for now. No major changes will you have to worry (mmmm, yes, the force is strong with this one is it. LOL.), i was just thinking about tinkering with it to see if it can be improved is all, with little touches. I guess i can do the button click's next. The one's in setting's and anywhere else, where it's a blue orb (very pixely though, and low-res), and slight greyed outer edge when not selected.

And don't worry about the pull's. I didn't forget about that. Shame that your almost in a sense being held back from wanting to evolve quickly. The skin is finished obviously, so it's not an excuse of someone saying "Well, should've waited til it's finished before releasing it", but rather we love doing the same thing XBMC does, a great product that we just love evolving and constantly improving on idea's. Same way XBMC changes daily, with either fixes, or new additions. Smile

Right then that last update is now on the repo - Theuni did the update and he says everything went really well - so that's cool.

Feel free to crack on with the next round of improvements Smile

- djdafreund - 2010-10-25

YAYA, great news. Smile

- Sharpe - 2010-10-25

Hi

I've just added support for ppic's TV theme music script.

Info on the script here.

It's all very new but really promising - I'm digging it.

- ppic - 2010-10-25

i've noticed a better way for visualisation visibility:

use this property, it's set to true when active:

"Window(10025).Property(TvTunesIsAlive)"

- djdafreund - 2010-10-25

WhaaaaaaaHuh?? That's a pretty cool sounding new function. I love it. Thanks ppic for making that. And Sharpe for adding it so quickly. That makes for a nice new addition to Back Row. Such a nice new touch. Smile

- ppic - 2010-10-26

your welcome Wink

- Sharpe - 2010-10-26

It's great isn't it? This is the one thing I missed from Plex when I switched back to XBMC - many thanks ppic.

Also another very quick update thanks to a bit of help from mcborzu and ronie I've altered how the skin uses the favourites script so that playlists can be added as home shortcuts that you can open up and view rather than it playing them automatically.

- ZERO <ibis> - 2010-10-29

In the last pushed update the check mark on watched items in fan art view is gone. However the check mark still works on individual items such as episodes.

- Sharpe - 2010-10-29

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:In the last pushed update the check mark on watched items in fan art view is gone. However the check mark still works on individual items such as episodes.

Hello - thanks for the info

Just to narrow this down - you say it's fine for episodes - where doesn't it show you for you? At TV show level it's not there as I use the Unwatched label in the description to show if there are any not watched episodes. Is it working for Movies and TV Seasons for you?

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2010-10-31

I do not have anything under movies so I can not say anything about that. As for seasons all of my content is Anime and thus there is only 1 season for everything.

It does show in the description as 0 unwatched.

Yea before it would say in the description 0 unwatched but also have a check on the cover, this made panning very convenient.

Personally I would rather you make it so the check is there all the time verses only when the images is selected like before assuming you are going to bring it back. You could always make an option for the check if people do not like having it on the series. It is just that while we can just filter by watched and unwatched it is nice to be able to scroll though and see everything at once and also if it has been watched without needing to move your eyes up to the description. (more important for large screens vs small ones)

From your response it appears it is not a glitch but you just removed that feature and so I would like to ask that the feature be re-added with some changes. Instead of just having a check or no check or no check it would be better to have 3 levels instead of 2:

Checked: If everything has been watched
Dashed: If not all of it was been watched (great for identifying series that your still finishing)
Nothing: If you have not watched any of this item.

Doing this will make browsing though the current interface much easier. If people do not want these options there could just be a setting to disable them.

- Sharpe - 2010-10-31

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:...Yea before it would say in the description 0 unwatched but also have a check on the cover, this made panning very convenient......

...From your response it appears it is not a glitch but you just removed that feature...

Cool - okay I've not consciously removed any watched overlays - but perhaps it's something that came about when I re-did all the view ids? Something that was possibly in the TV poster views.

Just to confirm - you're talking about TV show level, which view in particular is it and are you using banners or posters for tv shows?

Let me know and I'll see what I can do - Thanks

#Edit - I've fixed a watched overlay visibility condition for TV show level (posters option) in the Fanart view that may have been what you were talking about.

- Sharpe - 2010-11-03

Hi again here's the latest updates since last time:

Version 2.9.8
- Added fanart background to recently added home controls

Version 2.9.7
- Added Add-on notification toggle button
- Improved header labels in settings screens

Version 2.9.6
- Altered unwatched episodes labeling for TV Shows
- Added a new home screen title font
- Added support for ppic's very cool TV Theme script

Version 2.9.5
- Changed home screen recently added movie icons ordering

As usual I'm grateful for any bug reports due to these changes - cheers

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2010-11-04

2.9.5 was the last version the xbmc has auto updated to. Is the auto update working for anyone b/c I have not gotten anything past 2.9.5

- Sharpe - 2010-11-04

Quote:Version 3.0.1
- Added simplified home controls view option
- Added support for random items script
- Added fanart background to recently added home controls

Version 2.9.7
- Added Add-on notification toggle button
- Improved header labels in settings screens

Version 2.9.6
- Altered unwatched episodes labeling for TV Shows
- Added a new home screen title font
- Added support for ppic's very cool TV Theme script

Version 2.9.5
- Changed home screen recently added movie icons ordering

As usual I'm grateful for any bug reports due to these changes - cheers

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:2.9.5 was the last version the xbmc has auto updated to. Is the auto update working for anyone b/c I have not gotten anything past 2.9.5

Yeah these changes haven't been pushed to the offical repo yet - the rule there is any changes I make have to be thoroughly tested for a good few days before I ask them to go on the official repo. If people want to try the new stuff before the changes become official then they need to either manually download the skin or install the Passion repo and then install the SVN version of the BackRow which will update whenever I make a change to the SVN. (Check the download link below)

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-11-05

I love the new TVTheme-Script!

btw, I noticed that the whole skin is very easy on the eyes.

Just the Menu-Picture where I can choose the different movie sets or genres is very bright (compared to the whole skin-design)
I solved it on my own by replacing it with something darker, but I thought it would be good to give some feedback.

Anyway, this skin is great. :-)