Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- ubuntuf4n - 2010-12-18

Sharpe, nice additions.

I like the new panel view and also the cool cinema-experience script is working perfectly.

Also, the adjustment of the simplified home control feels great and it's now my standard for the home screen. :-)

I checked your recently changed scrolling-bars and they look fine,
but the only thing which looks a little bit confusing is the scrolling-bar in the List--View 4 (its actually some kind of dot, which gets thicker and thinner).

It doesn't feel that right.
If there is a way to revert this single bar, it would be really nice.

Everything else is simply brilliant.

Cheers

Selection Goes Back To Top of List After Stop - superrrguy - 2010-12-20

Since I updated to the most recent Pre-Dharma skin the selection jumps back to the first video in "List" view on stop or at the end of a video. When trying to watch a season of shows, having to scroll back down to the next episode can be quite frustrating.

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

- Sharpe - 2010-12-20

ubuntuf4n Wrote:I checked your recently changed scrolling-bars and they look fine, but the only thing which looks a little bit confusing is the scrolling-bar in the List--View 4 (its actually some kind of dot, which gets thicker and thinner).....It doesn't feel that right....If there is a way to revert this single bar, it would be really nice.

Hiya - I'm going to leave it as it is. That way all the scroll bars look the same which was what I was shooting for. I don't really want an odd one.

- Sharpe - 2010-12-20

superrrguy Wrote:Since I updated to the most recent Pre-Dharma skin the selection jumps back to the first video in "List" view on stop or at the end of a video. When trying to watch a season of shows, having to scroll back down to the next episode can be quite frustrating.

Is there an option I'm missing somewhere?

Nope you're not missing anything - it's something that got fixed after that old version of the skin was uploaded. I'm now pretty much only working the latest version. Having said that I might have a look and see if I can cobble together one last version for the old XBMC.

- superrrguy - 2010-12-21

Sharpe Wrote:Nope you're not missing anything - it's something that got fixed after that old version of the skin was uploaded. I'm now pretty much only working the latest version. Having said that I might have a look and see if I can cobble together one last version for the old XBMC.

It's probably not worth the effort to mess with the older skins. The Dharma skin looks amazing. I must be the last guy with a 4:3 TV. This thing won't die and still looks new.

I changed the skin type to Blue and the font to Arial and swapped some background and it looks like a whole new skin. Even the type is larger since changing to Arial.

I copied some of the files from an older version of the skin and was able to get the selection to remember last files played but I lost some of the updates for the wide banner view. Are the settings to remember selection just in one of xml files?

- Sharpe - 2011-01-02

Happy new year everyone!

I've done a few bits and pieces updates - here's the summary since last time:

Version 3.1.1
- Improved handling of Movie Sets
- Reworked the shutdown menu (added Exit XBMC option)

Version 3.1.0
- Re-added the busy dialog
- Added Movie Sets to video library submenu

Mainly re-adding the requested "busy" graphic notification and the Movie Sets stuff. I'd never actually used movie sets before so the skin made no provision at all for them - I've tried to implement them a bit better. Hopefully the work Frost is doing may lead to more info labels for Movie sets becoming available for use.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-01-08

Hi Sharpe,

I would love to see a little filesize-info in the file-manager (in the side of xx-Objects).
Would be easier to figure out a filesize.
What do you think about that ?

Futhermore I saw that it is not possible to go to a movie-info,
while a movie is chosen from the random-items-script (in the home menu).
Instead it goes to the System-Info as in non-chosen-handling.
Is this a limitation of this script or is it still doable ?

Cheers

- Praesten - 2011-01-08

Hey

Still loving the skin, just a little pet peeve of mine. When I'm in movies, I use the view List. However, it takes about 1-2 seconds before the info for the movie appears and I would like it to be instant like it is in other views.

I've tried searching and found several places where delays are active, but there are literally hundreds (316 to be precise) instances of the word delay in just the PAL16x9 folder.

Which one of these should I lower to a very small amount (or 0) to get the desired effect?

It's the difference between these two screenshots I want to not exist if possible:
http://www.drygast.se/listview1.jpg
http://www.drygast.se/listview2.jpg

The optimum would of course be to just show what is in listview2.jpg, but I'm not sure I can manage that myself Smile

Thanks in advance.

- Sharpe - 2011-01-08

Praesten Wrote:I've tried searching and found several places where delays are active, but there are literally hundreds (316 to be precise) instances of the word delay in just the PAL16x9 folder.

Which one of these should I lower to a very small amount (or 0) to get the desired effect?

Line 5075 of the file Common Video Library Views.xml - that's the one.

- Sharpe - 2011-01-08

ubuntuf4n Wrote:I would love to see a little filesize-info in the file-manager (in the side of xx-Objects).

Hi - What do you mean by file-manager? I'm fairly reluctant to include anything like that in an actual media view but if you mean something else let me know.

ubuntuf4n Wrote:Futhermore I saw that it is not possible to go to a movie-info, while a movie is chosen from the random-items-script (in the home menu). Instead it goes to the System-Info as in non-chosen-handling.
Is this a limitation of this script or is it still doable ?Cheers

I think it's probably not do-able but having said that I know there's been some work done on the recently added script in the last few days so I might be wrong.

- Praesten - 2011-01-09

Sharpe Wrote:Line 5075 of the file Common Video Library Views.xml - that's the one.

Hmm, my 5074 (and a few ahead) in that file looks like this:
Code:
<control type="label">
                                <posx>495</posx>
                                <posy>285</posy>
                                <width>50</width>
                                <textcolor>99ffffff</textcolor>
                                <font>font16</font>
                                <label>$LOCALIZE[563]:</label>
                                <align>left</align>
                                <scroll>true</scroll>
                                <scrollspeed>5</scrollspeed>
                        </control>

Is it scrollspeed I want to change? Or did I explain clumsily?

- Sharpe - 2011-01-09

Sorry my bad - I'm referring to the file from the up to date SVN.

Code:
<animation type="Visible" reversible="false">
<effect type="slide" delay="1000" start="720" end="0" time="750" />
</animation>

- Praesten - 2011-01-09

Sharpe Wrote:Sorry my bad - I'm referring to the file from the up to date SVN.

Code:
<animation type="Visible" reversible="false">
<effect type="slide" delay="1000" start="720" end="0" time="750" />
</animation>

Awesome, that worked nicely. Small delay still but works great for my needs. Again, thanks for speedy replies and an awesome skin.

- Sharpe - 2011-01-09

No probs - glad you sorted it.

- ubuntuf4n - 2011-01-09

Sharpe Wrote:Hi - What do you mean by file-manager? I'm fairly reluctant to include anything like that in an actual media view but if you mean something else let me know.

I agree, there is no need to put a filesize option into the Movie-Views,
however, I was referring to this option:

Backrow - FileManager
In the Home-Menu you've to press two times 'down' then you come to this screen. Here I choose the third from left:

After that I choose the last one (filemanager):

That's the FileManager.
I thought about a Filesize-Option beside the Objects-Value:

Regards