XBMC Community Forum
[RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Printable Version

+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Back Row (/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- Sharpe - 2011-02-17 12:10

Cheers Supertom44!

Hey you know you can add playlists to the home screen as a menu item - just make your playlist, add it to favourites then add that favourite, in skin options, as a home menu shortcut.

Moving the airing today to TV episodes might look good - I'll try it out and see what I think.

#Edit - Yes looks fine I've done it. If Videos is disabled it will show above TV Shows

- supertom44 - 2011-02-17 14:08

The problem is myself and I know other people do as well, we use smart playlists to organise our libraries, for example I have one for unseen movies, I have one for DVDs and one for Blu Rays.

Also when you add to a favourite it tries to play the playlist rather than display the movies in the playlist if that makes sense?

Cheers for moving the airing today, took me a while to figure out why I couldnt see it until I noticed on your screen shot its on the videos menu lol

- Sharpe - 2011-02-17 15:06

Oh yes it makes sense - I have a smart playlist for HD movies as a shortcut on the home screen. With Back Row it shouldn't "play" the playlist it should let you view it - give it a try.

- supertom44 - 2011-02-17 15:15

Ah I swear it didnt work last time I tried it lol, cheers works fine now.

Have you considered letting people customize the sub menus? I literally only use 2 of the sub menus for films, the rest just get in the way, would also be awesome if we could add custom entries to the sub menus.

Love the addition of extra fanart!

- Sharpe - 2011-02-17 15:23

supertom44 Wrote:Ah I swear it didnt work last time I tried it lol, cheers works fine now.

Have you considered letting people customize the sub menus? I literally only use 2 of the sub menus for films, the rest just get in the way, would also be awesome if we could add custom entries to the sub menus.

Love the addition of extra fanart!

Yeah I added a different condition to the custom_DialogFavourites.xml for dealing with playlists - playlists=window rather than playlists=play - just makes adding shortcuts that much easier as it's the same for everything that way.

Custom sub-menu items are in the plans but doing that requires a reorganisation of the Skin Options screen - it will happen though.

- Sharpe - 2011-02-20 00:16

supertom44 Wrote:..Have you considered letting people customize the sub menus? I literally only use 2 of the sub menus for films, the rest just get in the way, would also be awesome if we could add custom entries to the sub menus...

Just to let everyone know this functionality has now been added to the skin for the Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos and Music Home menu items.

I've had to rearrange the Skin Options a bit to make everything fit - so I could with some updates to the skin's language strings if any of you guys could help out.

- Uli666 - 2011-02-20 00:19

Sharpe Wrote:I could with some updates to the skin's language strings if any of you guys could help out.
Hi mate!
As usual just send me the new strings and I'll take care of the Italian translation. Wink

- Sharpe - 2011-02-20 01:59

Hi mate that's superb. The most up to date strings are located in the first post of the translations thread just under or above this thread.

Thanks again

- supertom44 - 2011-02-20 12:47

Sharpe Wrote:Just to let everyone know this functionality has now been added to the skin for the Videos, Movies, TV Shows, Music Videos and Music Home menu items.

I've had to rearrange the Skin Options a bit to make everything fit - so I could with some updates to the skin's language strings if any of you guys could help out.

Awesome! cheers.

I only have two comments, one is just minor about the menus have you considered having the sub menu options collapsible, its nothing major just a few skins do it to save room.

The other thing would it be possible to centre the sub menu on the home screen, I have it set up with only two or three options and it appears at the left rather than in the centre, again nothing major just more aesthetically please in the centre.

Good job though!

- Sharpe - 2011-02-20 16:53

supertom44 Wrote:..have you considered having the sub menu options collapsible, its nothing major just a few skins do it to save room...

Yep I've just done that.

supertom44 Wrote:...The other thing would it be possible to centre the sub menu on the home screen...

Need to think about how I would do that - for now it works best with 5 items. I'll look into other options when I get the chance.

Cheers

- luisfermora - 2011-02-23 00:30

Hello Mate, Great Skin!

One question though, how do you set the Alternative Home Screen?

- Sharpe - 2011-02-23 01:05

Hi there - it's under settings / skin options / use smaller home controls / use simplified controls

- supertom44 - 2011-02-23 11:35

I noticed you managed to centre the sub menus! Awesome job, hope it wasn't too much trouble, looks a lot better now!

- flipje - 2011-02-26 17:33

Quote:[Image: TVGuideDayView.jpg?t=1298077088]

I like the TV Guide. It is very handy and looks good however, in the above picture here there is A large banner and A network logo. When I look at my own XBMC install the network logo is replaced by the same banner as above, but very small.

I assume it lakes the network logo of the studios folder you can download seperatly, but all the logos seem to be in that folder.

- Sharpe - 2011-02-26 17:46

That's strange - make sure you have the studios folder as a subfolder within the skin's images folder.

Might help if you could post a screen shot as well.

Cheers