Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- Sharpe - 2011-03-16

flipje Wrote:Is there anything that needs to be turned on, because I can not remember ever seeing any curtain when I start up.

I do not see a countdown either when I start a video file and I have the option: turn countdown off not marked.

If you are using the multiple home wallpapers option - then you don't see any of those effects. They are very much part of the original version of the skin.

- Sharpe - 2011-03-16

ijourneaux Wrote:Could be my PC I guess. I have a dual core Opteron 170 with 2Gb of Memory. Any thoughts on additional tests I could run to diagnose the issue. I will check the options I have selected.

It could be related to the next aired trigger in the Startup.xml - try deleting this line from Startup.xml and see if it still occurs.

Code:
<onfocus>XBMC.RunScript(script.tv.show.next.aired,silent=True&amp;alarm=3600)</onfocus>

- flipje - 2011-03-16

Sharpe Wrote:If you are using the multiple home wallpapers option - then you don't see any of those effects. They are very much part of the original version of the skin.

That explans it.

- flipje - 2011-03-16

I have checked the curtain. Here the curtain starts at about 20% open and than in one go it opens up. Starts the curtain fully closed or is the starting point supposed to be about 20% open?

- ijourneaux - 2011-03-16

flipje Wrote:I have checked the curtain. Here the curtain starts at about 20% open and than in one go it opens up. Starts the curtain fully closed or is the starting point supposed to be about 20% open?

I took a closer look and my system and we are both seeing the same thing. The curtains starts about 20% open, stay there for a bit then open smoothly the rest of the way.

I will try that mod you suggested later tonight

{Edit} I made the change and that greatly reduces the delay but the curtain starts 20% open. As Flipje commented, perhaps that is the way it is supposed to work but it does look a little odd if there is a pause at that position.

Apprecaite your time and effort.

PS. I noticed someone had asked about support for the Weather Plus add-in. I would like to add my vote to that as well.

Take Care

- Sharpe - 2011-03-16

Yeah it's supposed to start at about 20% open - no real reason just how it's always been. I can alter it to start closed I suppose.

The weather thing - is a huge amount of work (which in itself isn't a massive problem) it's just a question of motivation really. For me weather, although very nicely implemented in XBMC, just is completely unconnected to a media centre in my opinion. I mean why movies, TV, music and weather? Why not stock prices, horoscopes or celeb gossisp? I just don't see any connection and certainly never use it personally. Where I live it pretty much rains all the time anyway so I just have to look outside Smile.

So like I say big job for something I don't personally use - so it's something I have to really get motivated to put in place. I will try and have a look at it this weekend.

- ijourneaux - 2011-03-16

Regarding the weather pluss addon, your call. It isn't a feature I use alot. It is one of the features, I like to show off when I use XBMC with friends and family over to my XBMCsetup. I am not close enough to know how robust the weather+ requirements are in the long term.

As for the curtain openning, if that is normal behavior, then that is fine with me.

Thanks again for the great skin.

- Sharpe - 2011-03-16

It's okay I will take a look at the weather stuff this weekend - also I've altered the start up red curtain animation. It now starts closed and slowly opens, hopefully that might look smoother.

- djdafreund - 2011-03-18

NOTICE: Until future notice development is only going to be usable on offficial XBMC releases, or GIT builds up til 3-15-11. Reason is, There has been a lot of recent development changes that broke almost 80-90%+ of the skins in repo due to new implementations. We are sorry about this, we honestly didn't get any notices or messages that a lot of skinning changes were being done, until we were looking through repo, and noticed most all of the skins were broke. Then looked at the xbmc changes and saw why. I look at GIT daily, but not hourly, and is the reason i didn't notice right away. The reason for the delay for daily build not being supported though, is since we don't have a clue whats all in store for current XBMC skin engine changes til we get notice or when these said changes will be finished, we are just going to wait until things are finished with the work. This way we don't have to make adjustments and fixes now, not knowing if things will still get broken again in a week for all we know. We are being patient, and hope you will do the same. This will ONLY effect the people that build GIT's daily). For normal Official build users or GIT daily builders up to XBMC GIT builds 3-15-11, you won't notice the difference. We'll still be in production like usual, just not for DAILY XBMC builds (FOR NOW). At least until most of the BIG changes now being done since yesterday are at a stopping point. Carry on... Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-03-23

Hey fellas - some more updates for you:

Version 3.2.4
- Updated Spanish language strings - thanks PatOso
- Increased recently added and random movies to 10
- Added Dutch language strings - thanks flipje
- Code cleanup and added repeat button to music playing controls
- Added a new cinema background effect to movie library fanart wrap view

Check out the Fanart Wrap alterations - available for Movie library mode if you have the curtain backgrounds enabled.

- kiboy6 - 2011-03-24

Hi,

Recently returned to XBMC after months away from all HTPC action. Unsurprised but delighted to see that Backrow has continued to go from strength to strength. Thanks for all the beautiful work.

I'm now running a Shuttle XS35 with Win 7. I had a small question regarding the SVN builds. I am definitely finding that the newest Backrow SVN (3249) is running a little more sluggishly than the 3.08 release. I know my processor is quite puny, so is this to be expected?

By sluggish I mean the multiple home wallpapers change a little jerkily, and when I select movies there is a black screen gap of a good few seconds before the movie library is shown. I think it may be a little better if random instead of recent is turned off, but anyway I love this feature.

So anyway, is this normal behaviour?

Thanks so much - good to be back Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-03-24

Hi kiboy6 - welcome back Smile

Might be the processor - just as a test though could you download and use the up to date version of the skin from the download links? - Just want to see if having all the textures in the xbt makes a difference.

- kiboy6 - 2011-03-24

Thanks Sharpe, nice to see you on here again Smile

Will test and report back, although might only be in a couple of days due to the crappy IP issues I'm dealing with here in Sri Lanka.

Are all the textures in the xbt in the offical repo version but not in the passion repo SVN version?

- Sharpe - 2011-03-24

Yep that's right

Sri Lanka - wow I bet that's nice.

- djdafreund - 2011-03-24

That's the case with my brother's computer at his house. I use curtain's on his, because using alt. backgrounds there's black for 3+ seconds delay, and slight lag with each move. His is a single core AMD 4400, 1gig ram on win7 64bit. Been telling him for some time he needs to upgrade. Only so much can be done on an old machine.