Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- Sharpe - 2011-04-26

Hi kiboy6

For music you can see if shuffle is on or not when you bring up the player controls - but I suspect you don't mean that - Talk me through what you have in mind.

Cheers

- kiboy6 - 2011-04-27

Hi Sharpe,

Let's say I'm browsing my music library. I decide I want to play all of a particular artist in a random order.

I will press the "toggle shuffle" button on my remote. However when I do that I have no way of knowing whether I have in fact turned shuffle on or off (depending on it's previous status). I can only find out after the playlist has been created

The small feature I think would be awesome would be a small on screen on screen notification that shuffle is on or off.

Similar to the on screen notification for "mute", I guess, except it needn't stay on the screen if it says on or off. Alterntively it could stay on the screen if it just said shuffle.

Wow, surprisingly hard to explain for such a small feature! Hope you get what I mean now...

Thanks so much Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-04-27

Ok I get you - let me have a play and see what I can come up with.

- cdonnie - 2011-04-27

I love this skin Smile

But i have a tweak question.

When i am in fanart wrap mode, the movie information pups up.

Is it possible to disable the movie information pup up ?

- Sharpe - 2011-04-28

cdonnie Wrote:I love this skin Smile

But i have a tweak question.

When i am in fanart wrap mode, the movie information pups up.

Is it possible to disable the movie information pup up ?

Hi cdonnie - sure thing...

Using the up to date version of the skin from the Passion Repo or the mediafire download link

Edit Common Video Library Views.xml in the PAL16X9 folder.

Find line 17344

Delete this
Code:
<include>MovieInfo</include>

Save

That should do it

- kiboy6 - 2011-04-28

Sharpe Wrote:Ok I get you - let me have a play and see what I can come up with.

Awesome - thanks as always Sharpe Smile

One other general query. While Backrow is visually just the perfect skin for me, as I mentioned before, transitions between screens sometimes take a long time (with long periods of black screen inbetween).

My processor (Intel Atom D510 Dual Core Processor (2x 1.66 GHz)) is not powerful, but it is a modern system is designed for HTPC use and with the ION graphics card will play network streamed 1080p flawlessly.

Confluence skin will transition between all screens very snappily, so I was just wondering if there was a reason Backrow seems much more sluggish (more CPU intensive I presume)? Is there anything that can be done about it? Using .dds fanart made a massive difference on my system - is there any similar tweak I could do for the basic running of the skin? Some way to offload more of the work to the graphics card or something?

No big deal either way - the black screens aren't bad enough to even make me consider switching skins for a second - but if there were a way to fix it it would definitely be great.

Thanks so much Smile

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-28

Strange, I would say this is most likely a HDD or RAM issue. I can assure you that it is a memory related problem in general as that would be the likely cause. Try to defrag your HDD and see if that helps. Also make sure that you are not using more than 80% of your total HDD capacity.

- kiboy6 - 2011-04-28

ZERO <ibis>' Wrote:Strange, I would say this is most likely a HDD or RAM issue. I can assure you that it is a memory related problem in general as that would be the likely cause. Try to defrag your HDD and see if that helps. Also make sure that you are not using more than 80% of your total HDD capacity.

Thanks for the advice. It's definitely not the HDD - I have a nice SSD with loads of spare room.

Could be RAM I suppose - I have 2GB but running Windows7. Would probably be better with XBMC live, but my setup is quite reliant on eventghost for now so I'm not ready to take that plunge Smile

The processor is quite puny though. But then it can handle other skins much better.....

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-30

Yea your going to need more than 2GB to run win 7. You should check how much space your memory is taking up. Also your swap file is likely thus on your SSD unless you disabled it and that will destroy your SSD performance.

- kiboy6 - 2011-04-30

So do you recommend disabling the page file on the SSD? I've heard people suggest doing so, and other who say not to.

In any case, Win 7 does run perfectly smoothly on the system, as does XBMC with default Confluence skin.

It's not a big deal really - once I'm in any particular section BackRow is very responsive. It's just a long black pause between, say, main menu and movies library etc....

- ZERO &lt;ibis&gt; - 2011-04-30

You should disable it however you should increase your ram first b/c if you run out of memory and have no swap file it will likely crash. On my SSD based systems I have the page file set to a physical HDD so I do not know exactly what it is like to have none at all.

- kiboy6 - 2011-05-09

Hi Sharpe, quick question regarding the view mode for the youtube plugin.

If I launch the plugin via video addons, i get the pretty red curtain background list view. however if I launch it via a custom home menu button, I get a simpler list view with the "movie reels" picture in the background, and none of the youtube addon's icons.

Not a big deal - just wondering if there's a reason for this and if it can be changed somehow at my end.

Thanks!

- Sharpe - 2011-05-09

Hi Mate

Yeah it depends where you are when you made it favourite prior to adding it to the home menu. If you were on file mode\video addons it will use the filemode views if you added it as a favourite from the library mode\video addons it uses the library views - and as the addon isn't reporting itself as a movie, tv show or music video it uses the default view only.

When I release the Eden version of Back Row there will be some addon specific views available.

- kiboy6 - 2011-05-11

Sharpe Wrote:Hi Mate

Yeah it depends where you are when you made it favourite prior to adding it to the home menu.

Ahh, that makes sense now.

Quote:When I release the Eden version of Back Row there will be some addon specific views available.

Awesome - looking forward to it.

BTW, did you ever get a chance to look into the feasibility of that shuffle on/off notification thing? Just curious - I know you've been busy Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-05-11

kiboy6 Wrote:..BTW, did you ever get a chance to look into the feasibility of that shuffle on/off notification thing? Just curious - I know you've been busy Smile

I did take a look and tried to get something to display when randomise was activated. Sorry but I could only get it display when the playing controls were activated. I'll probably need some help with it when I get round to it again.

In the meantime I've been working at putting together a Pre-Eden version of Back Row (getting the recently added stuff to work right, removing obselete xmls and so on). I've posted up a direct download link to that version if anyone is using a current nightly build and wants to try it. Still working on things - like file mode views and so on but thought it worth putting something out for testing.

Just bear in mind the nightlies are pretty volatile right now with lots of things not working right yet - TV Tunes over SMB etc. Only use if you absolutely have to.