Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

- Praesten - 2011-06-02

mcoto Wrote:I like having the time when I pause etc. I especially like knowing exactly when the movie will end so if its late I can start looking for a reasonable break time or if the kids want to watch a movie I can plan their bed time properly.

One feature I'd like is a HD filter for my movies. I have duplicates of several films (I still use the original xbox in a couple of rooms)

Thanks again for all the hard work. Especially thanks for the new SVN for the dailys. I had to upgrade to a more recent version and I really missed back row on that TV

M

I also had quite a few duplicates and put together a very simple shellscript (for Linux) to check and inform me of which were duplicates. It is VERY simple and could be optimized heavily, but it does not really matter. Maybe you could use it:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# Find possible duplicates and make sure it only gets listed once
/usr/bin/sqlite3 /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db 'select c00 from movie'|sort | uniq -D | uniq >> /tmp/duplicates.txt

# Parse the possible output
if [[ -s /tmp/duplicates.txt ]] ; then
cat /tmp/duplicates.txt | mail -s "Duplicate(s) found" xbmc
else
echo "No duplicates found"
fi ;

# Remove temporary file
rm /tmp/duplicates.txt

The reason it both echos and mails is that I run it daily via cron but sometimes after downloading a collection I like to run it to get ahead of things.

- kiboy6 - 2011-06-03

mcoto Wrote:I like having the time when I pause etc. I especially like knowing exactly when the movie will end so if its late I can start looking for a reasonable break time or if the kids want to watch a movie I can plan their bed time properly.

Yeah, of course what I was suggesting could only every be considered as an optional setting. Smile Different strokes for different folks / situations.

If I'm very busy (or if I had kids) then I too might need to stay aware of the time, but ideally I like to lose myself in a movie and forget about the outside world - for me the time is a big reminder of that!

Back in the "solid media" days, I used to physically cover up the time display on my VCR / DVD player if there wasn't an option for it not to display! But perhaps I'm just a bit strange about that! Smile

Also, don't know if many people download and watch delayed sports events but not seeing the time can be vital in those situations...

- mcoto - 2011-06-04

Praesten Wrote:I also had quite a few duplicates and put together a very simple shellscript (for Linux) to check and inform me of which were duplicates. It is VERY simple and could be optimized heavily, but it does not really matter. Maybe you could use it:

Code:
#!/bin/bash

# Find possible duplicates and make sure it only gets listed once
/usr/bin/sqlite3 /home/xbmc/.xbmc/userdata/Database/MyVideos34.db 'select c00 from movie'|sort | uniq -D | uniq >> /tmp/duplicates.txt

# Parse the possible output
if [[ -s /tmp/duplicates.txt ]] ; then
cat /tmp/duplicates.txt | mail -s "Duplicate(s) found" xbmc
else
echo "No duplicates found"
fi ;

# Remove temporary file
rm /tmp/duplicates.txt

The reason it both echos and mails is that I run it daily via cron but sometimes after downloading a collection I like to run it to get ahead of things.

Thanks

- Sharpe - 2011-06-04

Hi guys - just to update you all - the skin has finally been converted to HD (heh took absolutely ages). If you spot any bugs let me know.

Note this is only for people using up to date nightlies.

I've updated the Pre-Eden SVN and updated the download link on the first page.

Cheers

- kiboy6 - 2011-06-05

Thanks Sharpe - congrats on completing the HD conversion! Can't wait to try it, but steering clear of nightlies for now.

I was wondering, in terms of snappiness, is there a way to offset some of the load from the CPU to the GPU for processing HD backdrops +/ textures? I mean something equivalent to .dds fanart images and advanced setting <useddsfanart> which made a huge difference on my setup.

Maybe this is more of a gneral XBMC questions than a skin one? Not sure Smile

Cheers!

- Sharpe - 2011-06-05

kiboy6 Wrote:Thanks Sharpe - congrats on completing the HD conversion! Can't wait to try it, but steering clear of nightlies for now.

I was wondering, in terms of snappiness, is there a way to offset some of the load from the CPU to the GPU for processing HD backdrops +/ textures? I mean something equivalent to .dds fanart images and advanced setting <useddsfanart> which made a huge difference on my setup.

Maybe this is more of a gneral XBMC questions than a skin one? Not sure Smile

Cheers!

Thanks kiboy6 - Well the skin has all the necessary image background loading controls in place for the various views etc but no I think what you're asking would be better placed, like you say, as a general XBMC query.

Also another update - I've integrated Ronie's rebuilt Last.FM artist slideshow script for use in the music visualisation screen. So far it's only available in the Eden Pre version as I'm now concentrating on developing there. I really like how it works and how it provides a seamless way of getting a slideshow on the screen. So big thanks to Ronie and Driving Mule for the original Last.FM slideshow script.

- kiboy6 - 2011-06-05

Sharpe Wrote:Thanks kiboy6 - Well the skin has all the necessary image background loading controls in place for the various views etc but no I think what you're asking would be better placed, like you say, as a general XBMC query.
Cool - will do then. What are the correct terms of reference for the images in question. Just "backgoround images" and "textures"?

Quote:Also another update - I've integrated Ronie's rebuilt Last.FM artist slideshow script for use in the music visualisation screen. So far it's only available in the Eden Pre version as I'm now concentrating on developing there. I really like how it works and how it provides a seamless way of getting a slideshow on the screen. So big thanks to Ronie and Driving Mule for the original Last.FM slideshow script.

Oooh, cant wait to try that out. Did you look into incorporating the existing extrafanart structure in Backrow too? While the new script is awesome, and ultimately a better solution, it would be a shame to lose all the cool "fanart instead of visualization" features that have already been built into BackRow. It would also provide better offline performance.

If possible, I reckon the following would be perfect:

- XBMC fanart and "extrafanart" images are incoporated into the last.fm slideshow. These images could also ensure that slideshow starts immediately while the first last.fm image(s) are downloaded.

- If no images from either source are found then images from the "Fallback Music Slideshow Folder" would still be used.

Don't know if those would be feasible, but it would be the ideal solution IMO.

Finally, does one still need to have the script installed separately, or is it built into BackRow? If so, is the ability to set minimum required image dimensions preserved?

Can't wait to get this one up on running on my machine...must be so slick...almost tempted to dive back into the nightlies!

Thanks Smile

- Sharpe - 2011-06-05

kiboy6 Wrote:Cool - will do then. What are the correct terms of reference for the images in question. Just "backgoround images" and "textures"?

Yeah I suppose so - you wanted to ask about using the graphics card to process more of the load - and I guess it's those textures and images that slow things down for some pcs.

kiboy6 Wrote:Oooh, cant wait to try that out. Did you look into incorporating the existing extrafanart structure in Backrow too? While the new script is awesome, and ultimately a better solution, it would be a shame to lose all the cool "fanart instead of visualization" features that have already been built into BackRow. It would also provide better offline performance.

If possible, I reckon the following would be perfect:

- XBMC fanart and "extrafanart" images are incoporated into the last.fm slideshow. These images could also ensure that slideshow starts immediately while the first last.fm image(s) are downloaded.

- If no images from either source are found then images from the "Fallback Music Slideshow Folder" would still be used.

Don't know if those would be feasible, but it would be the ideal solution IMO.

Finally, does one still need to have the script installed separately, or is it built into BackRow? If so, is the ability to set minimum required image dimensions preserved?

Can't wait to get this one up on running on my machine...must be so slick...almost tempted to dive back into the nightlies!

Thanks Smile

The way it's set up to work now in the visualisation screen is that if you enable the Last.FM slideshow (in skin options) - it will play the Last.FM slideshow with a fallback image that appears if there aren't any images. To be honest though their database is huge and there are images for all kinds of obscure artists in there. If you don't have the Last.FM slideshow enabled but still have "show slideshow instead of visualistion" selected it will display the standard artist fanart with your custom backup slideshow as a fallback. For now I've sidelined the "extrafanart" slideshow as making 3 separate options work (4 if you include the visualisation option) was giving me a headache. Your idea of merging existing artwork with the slideshow would be great but I'm not sure how you would do that.

Now in the other music screen (the now-playing screen) the old extrafanart slideshow will work if you have the Last.FM slideshow enabled (I did this as the Last.FM slideshow only works in the visualisation screen so I wanted something else to use). Again if the Last.FM slideshow is disabled it resorts to standard fanart with the custom slideshow as a backup.

The skin should grab the addon automatically but you can still change it's options and set width and height of images from within the addon's settings.

It seems to work really well and picks up new artists and displays new artwork really quickly - ideal for playlists.

- kiboy6 - 2011-06-06

Sounds cool - I'll be sad to no longer see all the nice extrafanart I've collected but the net improvement will definitely be worth it.

Re: the now playing music screen - is it still necessary to disable this if using the Cinema Experience addon?

Finally, is there any chance of having the small "now playing" track info banner (top right of screen in home menu when music is playing) overlayed on top of the last.fm slideshow? That would be really cool I reckon, but again, may not be feasible.

Thanks Sharpe Smile

- bandelguy - 2011-06-06

Sharpe Wrote:Hi guys - just to update you all - the skin has finally been converted to HD (heh took absolutely ages). If you spot any bugs let me know.

Note this is only for people using up to date nightlies.

I've updated the Pre-Eden SVN and updated the download link on the first page.

Cheers

PRE EDEN DOWNLOAD LINK

The mediafire link is invalid.
I guess the link in 1st post is the HD link.

- Sharpe - 2011-06-06

kiboy6 Wrote:...Re: the now playing music screen - is it still necessary to disable this if using the Cinema Experience addon?

Oh right was this screen appearing during trivia slideshows or something like that? Probably due to the 30 second delay I'd enabled? I guess it would have been. never mind I've just fixed that now - The music now playing screen will only appear when you activate the player controls - makes more sense like that anyway - the visualisation screen already does that.

kiboy6 Wrote:Finally, is there any chance of having the small "now playing" track info banner (top right of screen in home menu when music is playing) overlayed on top of the last.fm slideshow? That would be really cool I reckon, but again, may not be feasible.....

What just like playing away in the visualisation screen? I suppose it could yes and maybe disabled whilst the music info pops up? I'll see what it looks like and let you know.

- Sharpe - 2011-06-06

bandelguy Wrote:The mediafire link is invalid.
I guess the link in 1st post is the HD link.

Yes quite right - it's updated again.

Cheers Smile

- ali2k1 - 2011-06-24

new using this skin very nice, but how do i enable alternate home menu with the bar at the bottom. ive tried svn and repo back row but cant enable it or cant seem to find it. does the skin support programs like advanced launcher koz my directory is empty and gives me option for add source only.thanks bruv!

- djdafreund - 2011-06-25

Please in the future, one post in a thread about the same thing is sufficient. This is the same question you asked in the separate post. Sharpe and I are most of the time pretty quick to respond. But this is usually frowned apon by moderator's and author's when asking a question in multiple spots. Just noting for future reference. And thanks for the compliments. Hope you enjoy using Back Row. Wink

- Sharpe - 2011-07-04

Hello everyone Smile

Okay just a heads up of what's been added to the eden-pre version of the skin recently (The most up to date changes are in the SVN and can be found at the eden-pre mediafire download link).

Version 3.3.5
- Altered filemanager screen
- Altered weather screen

Version 3.3.4
- Added horizontal scrollbars to tv guide screen
- Shortened the home screen submenu
- Added a fanart preview image to DialogVideoInfo.xml and DialogAlbumInfo.xml
- Added percentage complete label to progress dialog
- Updated Swedish language strings - thanks Klinker

Version 3.3.3
- Fixed the order of movie thumbs in recently added widget
- Changed the submenu background
- Altered the context menu background
- Updated Dutch language strings - thanks flipje
- Changed the look of the in-built file browsers
- Fixed a bug with the airing today home screen widget

Version 3.3.2
- Fixed some issues with progress bars throughout the skin

Version 3.3.1
- Fixed some issues with the music wall view
- Added an option to customise the settings categories wallpaper and also changed that screen's fallback wallpaper
- Altered video library List 1 view for movies to match other sections

Version 3.3.0
- Added TV thumb fallback image for recently added
- Integrated Ronie's artist Last.FM slideshow script
- Skin updated to HD

Version 3.2.9
- New version for eden-pre nightlies

As always /appreciate any bug reports.

Cheers