Kodi Community Forum
Back Row General Discussion - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Back Row (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+----- Thread: Back Row General Discussion (/showthread.php?tid=63773)

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-08-24

Oh good glad you've sorted it Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - zijin_cheng - 2012-09-25

Absolutely love this skin. Has all the features I wanted. Installed via xbmc eden addons.

I was wondering about 3 things though, 2 of them very minor.

1. Whenever I start XBMC there's this annoying clapping sound, how do I turn it off while keeping the click sounds whenever I navigate through menus?
2. Looking at page 1, the very first picture in this thread, when I select movies or TV shows, it doesn't take me to library, instead it takes me to this screen, how to change it to take me to library?:

3. Just a question, but how to enable alternate views for movies/tv shows?

Awesome skin, keep it up?

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-09-25

zijin_cheng Wrote:1. Whenever I start XBMC there's this annoying clapping sound, how do I turn it off while keeping the click sounds whenever I navigate through menus?

Yeah that's been in the skin since the beginning I am thinking of updating the intro sound and will probably add an option to disable it once I do. For now the only way to disable would be to go into the skin's "sounds" folder and delete the startup.wav file.

zijin_cheng Wrote:2. Looking at page 1, the very first picture in this thread, when I select movies or TV shows, it doesn't take me to library, instead it takes me to this screen, how to change it to take me to library?:

From the home screen select "System" then "Skin options" then under the heading "Home" make sure the line "Video Library Defaults To Root Level" isn't activated.

zijin_cheng Wrote:3. Just a question, but how to enable alternate views for movies/tv shows?

You need to get this screen to display (which occurs by either pressing up, down, left or right on your keyboard or remote).

Then you can select the view by choosing the first menu item.

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - kiboy6 - 2012-09-26

Hi Sharpe,

Hope all's well with you.

Just a quickie....on the "random music" box on the home screen. When I select a random album the songs seem to be queued in alphabetical order rather than by track number. Is this a skin level problem or something to do with a separate, incorporated script?

Cheers!

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-09-26

(2012-09-26, 07:57)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi Sharpe,

Just a quickie....on the "random music" box on the home screen. When I select a random album the songs seem to be queued in alphabetical order rather than by track number. Is this a skin level problem or something to do with a separate, incorporated script?

Cheers!

Hi kiboy6 - you know I have no idea Smile

I will investigate!

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - zijin_cheng - 2012-09-26

(2012-09-25, 17:19)Sharpe Wrote:
zijin_cheng Wrote:1. Whenever I start XBMC there's this annoying clapping sound, how do I turn it off while keeping the click sounds whenever I navigate through menus?

Yeah that's been in the skin since the beginning I am thinking of updating the intro sound and will probably add an option to disable it once I do. For now the only way to disable would be to go into the skin's "sounds" folder and delete the startup.wav file.

zijin_cheng Wrote:2. Looking at page 1, the very first picture in this thread, when I select movies or TV shows, it doesn't take me to library, instead it takes me to this screen, how to change it to take me to library?:

From the home screen select "System" then "Skin options" then under the heading "Home" make sure the line "Video Library Defaults To Root Level" isn't activated.

zijin_cheng Wrote:3. Just a question, but how to enable alternate views for movies/tv shows?

You need to get this screen to display (which occurs by either pressing up, down, left or right on your keyboard or remote).

Then you can select the view by choosing the first menu item.

Sweet!!! I don't mind if there's no option in xbmc, as long as its removable. The clapping sound is louder than most of my videos, and might disturb my roommate if I forget to lower the volume for the intro sound.

That's strange, because I've tried "Video Library Defaults To Root Level" activated and unactivated and I still get defaulted to that screen when I hit enter...

EDIT: Default video library works !!!

Oh, wow I just realized I've been looking at that "View:Fanart" whenever I enter that menu, must be blind. Thanks for helping out ze noob Big Grin.

I know how to work about 60% of xbmc, so the other 40% when I'm looking for answers online, I have no idea what keywords to search hence me needing to ask on the forum. Thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - zijin_cheng - 2012-09-29

Hey man, the skin's folder isn't there, I searched in the addons folder and its not there, do you know where it is, or will I have to reinstall back row via zip file, then delete the startup.wav file?

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - kiboy6 - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-29, 03:36)zijin_cheng Wrote: Hey man, the skin's folder isn't there, I searched in the addons folder and its not there,

Are you looking in the installation directory? It won't be there. You will find the skin's folder (skin.back-row) in the addons folder in the following location (dependng on your platform):

Android: Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/

iOS/ATV2: /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/

Linux: $HOME/.xbmc/

Mac OS X: /Users/<your_user_name>/Library/Application Support/XBMC/

Windows Vista/7: Users\%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\

Windows XP: Documents and Settings\%userprofile%\Application Data\XBMC\

hope that helps Smile

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-09-29

(2012-09-26, 08:32)Sharpe Wrote:
(2012-09-26, 07:57)kiboy6 Wrote: Hi Sharpe,

Cheers!

Hi kiboy6 - you know I have no idea Smile

I will investigate!

Well I had a look at this and for me it queues them by track number - could it be related to how you have them sorted by in the library?

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - kiboy6 - 2012-09-30

(2012-09-29, 14:00)Sharpe Wrote: Well I had a look at this and for me it queues them by track number - could it be related to how you have them sorted by in the library?

Hmmm...no i definitely have them sorted correclty by track in the library. I wonder if the random album script it is sorting the tracks by filename. This would make sense if you have track numbers at the beginning of each filename, because I don't. Actually the same could be true if you have track numbers at the beginning of the title ID3 tag for each song...?

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-09-30

I think you're on to something there - I do have track numbers at the start of my filenames so yeah it's sorting them alphabetically. It must be how the script creates it's album playlist.

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - kiboy6 - 2012-09-30

Aha...good to know...do you know who i can get in touch with re this script then? I would much prefer not to have to re-build my entire music library, and you would have thought it would make more sense to use tag information (as the library does) rather than filenames.

thanks

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-09-30

There's a whole cadre of guys responsible for this one:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add-on:Random_Items_script

I think this is the thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=79378&page=29

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - kiboy6 - 2012-10-01

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction Sharpe. Smile

Thanks to Ronie got that fixed here

RE: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Sharpe - 2012-10-01

(2012-10-01, 10:55)kiboy6 Wrote: Thanks to Ronie got that fixed here

Yeah he's very good at stuff like that Smile