[RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) - Printable Version
+- XBMC Community Forum (http://forum.xbmc.org)
+-- Forum: Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skin Help and Support (/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Back Row (/forumdisplay.php?fid=127)
+---- Thread: [RELEASE] Back Row (Skin) (/showthread.php?tid=63773)
- djdafreund - 2010-01-16 04:54
Trust me, we're definitely planning on getting to the on screen display in time to give it a revamp. And the small length filmstrip already is the plan. Thought it was funny to see that mentioned. Not sure yet about the play/pause icon showing on the actual position, but if it's possible to do in XBMC (coding needs to be there to happen), we can look into something like that though. I am going to redo all the buttons, and have a image i am working with still. Not rushing it though.
- mcoto - 2010-01-17 06:49
So I've come back to this skin after several months away and man is it way nicer. Right now its my default. I love the list view with the fanart background. Pretty much has everything you need in a nutshell (Movie length would be nice on the quick info that slides in from the side, but I'm not that picky) and I love the long list.
I'm not sure if its just me, but when I play dvd.iso files I loose the bookmark button on the OSD.
Its there and works fine with .avi , .MKV and all my other file types, but when I play dvd .ISO files the bookmark button is replaced with the "disc icon" which takes you to the dvd root/disc menu.
Would it be possible to have a button for both the disk menu (which I think is useful) as well as bookmarks as I sometimes bookmark a time that doesn't correspond to a chapter.
- Sharpe - 2010-01-17 13:37
I didn't even know that you could add bookmarks to a dvd (mainly because, I suppose I was thinking, that as it had it's own bookmarks it wouldn't be possible). Yeah I'll look into that and see if I can sort it.
Okay - it's done.
- mcoto - 2010-01-18 14:17
Damn you guys are quick Thanks.
- taxigps - 2010-01-20 14:23
only 720p has the recently added media on home
- chareos - 2010-01-20 16:44
A few more toughs:
- the skin is quite, uuh... "horizontal". Especially the home menu, which scrolls in horizontal.
Why don't try to arrange the recently added infos in an horizontal way, on top of the screen ?
- The progress bar (actually on top-left) may be made less explicit/detailed and put in the middle-width of screen. I think that's not an info to be "hidden" or put in margins... after all, while an archive scan is ongoing, user CAN'T do some operations... better let him know why, I say. So, I'd suggest a space-wise (pie-chart-like in place of the progressbar) progress bar in middle-width of screen. On top... or on bottom of the menu film ? Ahh, questions...
- the volume OSD may take the actual "mute" icon, and make use of it always: my suggestion would be to use again the pie-chart-like graphics (I don't have any graphic program here for a mockup, I'll try: pie-chat-like with radius 100; over it, actual mute icon with radius 90. Numbers are pure fantasy ^_^ )
- Fanart wrap view needs, in my opinion, a little big improvement. It should show the movie title immediately, even before the non-highlight covers fade out. When you scroll movies, looking for something to watch, it's frustrating to have to wait for the movie info/plot to fade in each movie you just want to read the title of...
- Fanart wrap view is very explicit about the movie vote. On my italian setup, it reads like "Voto ottenuto su IMDB: 7 su 10 (Voto degli utenti)". Quite long, isn't it ? In my opinion, this info sooo explicit is best suited in the movie info page. I'd make use of the 5-stars vote graphic in the fanart wrap view, instead. Effective, yet clean, in a view where space and readability matters.
- I'd love some sort of new view for tv shows episodes. Actually I've no time to elaborate... still, I'm not very happy with the tv shows view existing now. For one example, my all-times best for this task is the Alaska skin one, called "episodes" view.
- The "viewed" icon. I like the idea, but It's even hard to say what is it, from a graphical point of view.
You may say
"damn, what's this obsession for this so called pie-chart-like thing !?!?"
my first visive link is with the classic countdown... 5..4..3.. you see in old movies. Well, there, the numbers are always within a circle, which "grows" in a piechart-like way. I guess my suggestion comes from there. Film-related, very Backrow in my opinion
By the way,
THANK YOU for the larger font set. It looks good even on my 26" faaar-from-armchair tv set.
- Sharpe - 2010-01-20 16:56
taxigps Wrote:only 720p has the recently added media on home
Yep I hadn't got round to adding it to the SD modes - I've just added it to 4:3 and 16:9 SD modes.
chareos - thank you very much for the comments and suggestions - I will have a think about them.
- Dotan - 2010-01-20 17:23
Is it working on XBMC 9.11?
- Sharpe - 2010-01-20 17:49
Dotan Wrote:Is it working on XBMC 9.11?
Yeah should work fine - I'm running it on the latest nightly version no problem.
- Dotan - 2010-01-20 19:51
Sorry for the noob question but whats the nightly version?
im using XBMC 9.11 and latest revo installer