Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- wimpy - 2009-12-28

request to add option to hide the "LETTER SCROLLING" that shows up when you scroll fast.

- redje - 2009-12-28

Dunno if it's possible, but i'd like to see a panel transparency adjustment. Now i have to photoshop the panels each time a want a more transparent look.

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

msaspence Wrote:Brilliant work, top notch

Some feedback:

Is it possible to have a few more than three in the recently played list on the home page, so it scrolls through half a dozen maybe

Can we have a position 'none' for the rss feed

White space in a few places is a cramped:
- Text in top left of info bubble on poster view
- top of items on musicpanel view
- filepanel view between items and the posters and text
- infopanel view around the title and rating

this is part of the design why the way the skin looks and not wanting to use all of the screen we are limited to what we can do all i can say is you get used to it.

Theres no watched unwatched overlay in tvshows where I find it most useful (maybe I have missed something here, I have turned it on in the settings and its working fine for movies)

not finished yet still have to do other views overlays but infopanel on tvshows has them.

on that note can we have the number of watched unwatched in the info bubble in post view, and posterlist view if it makes it to the tvshow library

will need to consult arc on this as all i do is code hes the design side also poster view is in tvshows but only for season and main level for tvshows not for episodes (need recoding and new graphics for that).

Would like static weather icons, (somebody has already mentioned this, I would like it for the same reason)

adding this soon added the options to use static or animated ones for the bottom left logo just need to do the weather window.

The music panel view is rubbish, would love to see the same sort of choice and quality as in the tvshow/movie library

this is a personal preference fell free to add new views to it take some from movies and add them but right now no more are being made till near the v1 release as i want most of the bugs out before we start adding more stuff.

can we have the posterlist view avaliable for tvshows, seasons and episodes

it is only one it isn't is episodes level.

Most things animate in/out smoothly, but the stage and rss feed just appears suddenly

this i know nothing i can really do as the stage is hidden (i cant use windowopen or windowclose as this will effect every window that displays the stage and look stupid) when some views are present i could add a fake stage that hides after so many seconds on window open for certain views but right now not a high priority RSS uses animations well it should should fad in and out on window close/open

The library options panel is exited by using the arrows, but because its a popup not a side panel like in media stream I kept trying to press esc to get out of it

i know the feeling i used to do it all the time lol but after a couple of days you get used to it.

Its really hard to choose thumbnails for tvshows and movies because it crops them, and you cant tell weather its a banner or poster

yes will fix this it uses scale you could edit it for yourself the now just change scale to keep in FileBrowser.xml

maybe this is dreaming a bit, i dont know if its even possible:

but it would be really nice if the transitions as you drill down in to the library were more like nxe

it would be really really nice when you move from a poster view, of tvshows to posterlistview of seasons, the poster flipped over and had the list on the back and the other posters fanned in and out, or when animating from season to episode it flipped and stretched, or flipped and rotated, from poster view to infopanel view, probably beyond the possibility of xbmc, and maybe a bit too much any, just floating ideas

sometimes the poster view does animate out nicely but it unloads all the thumbs first, so it just animates out black boxes

this is due to background="true" you want speed this is what happens.

I'm a designer by trade and a perfectionist so obviously I have an opinion and the little things that other people let go really bug. So I apologize if this is overly critical.

I know its just a beta, and some of these may be impossible and/or personal preference. Please dont take these as negative or overly demanding, I just wanted to float my ideas. I really think that this is really good work for a beta and that the skin has massive potential otherwise wouldn't have taken the time to post my feedback.

all feedback is welcome

Once again top notch work guys well done

Thank you.

Big GrinBig Grin

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

EvanXtreme Wrote:Only real suggestions:

- Allow a way to disable fanart for certain views/library modes only. (My music section isn't fully "fanart-ed" so it's ugly seeing only select artists having a backdrop.

not sure may add it in at some point but not right now the main purpose of this release was to get rid of bugs not add more stuff lol.

- Can we replace the codec (?) media flag with a source flag (Bluray, HDTV, HDDVD, DVD, etc.) All my media has been labelled properly for Aeon's flagging system and I'm kinda missing not knowing which media files are HD rips or better quality than others.

do you mean using nfo to store the info ie in studio or in the filename as there coded in to work with the filename also only certain flags are visible for certain views but bluray and hddvd are added so they should show in some views not sure what ones though.

- Evan

wimpy Wrote:Image

This is regarding the "Enable custom video plugin panel on home":
Is it possible to remove that transparent backdrop behind the text on this icon ? On the other icons it's just TEXT, on this icon it's TEXT+smalltransparentbackdrop behind the text.

this shows when a custom image is used for the backdrop you can remove it by editing Includes_Home.xml line 823 add a . after "image so will look like "image."

Edit: the icon used is just to show how it looks with the backdrop.

Quote:request to add option to hide the "LETTER SCROLLING" that shows up when you scroll fast.

not adding right now feel free to do so.

Quote:Dunno if it's possible, but i'd like to see a panel transparency adjustment. Now i have to photoshop the panels each time a want a more transparent look.

Just add <colordiffuse>**FFFFFF</colordiffuse> to the image code ** = transparency this will not be added sorry as an option.

Big GrinBig Grin

- EvanXtreme - 2009-12-28

Quote:do you mean using nfo to store the info ie in studio or in the filename as there coded in to work with the filename also only certain flags are visible for certain views but bluray and hddvd are added so they should show in some views not sure what ones though.

Yeah the way I label mine is right in the file itself. "Movie.sddvd.avi, Movie.bluray.mkv."

Hmm, strange. I guess I can see that my HDDVD flagged media shows up with the HDDVD flag. The others are either blank or just the general divx/xvid. So I'm assuming this is just the bluray flag that isn't working? I found the file itself and changed it from blu-ray to bluray thinking that was the probelm, but HDDVD was HD-DVD and that works just fine. Any info, just fill me in. Thanks a lot.

-Evan

**edit-

Ahh, maybe these files are separate from the standard flags. Are they compressed in the .XPR? Either that or it's something with the code.

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

EvanXtreme Wrote:Yeah the way I label mine is right in the file itself. "Movie.sddvd.avi, Movie.bluray.mkv."

Hmm, strange. I guess I can see that my HDDVD flagged media shows up with the HDDVD flag. The others are either blank or just the general divx/xvid. So I'm assuming this is just the bluray flag that isn't working? I found the file itself and changed it from blu-ray to bluray thinking that was the probelm, but HDDVD was HD-DVD and that works just fine. Any info, just fill me in. Thanks a lot.

-Evan

**edit-

Ahh, maybe these files are separate from the standard flags. Are they compressed in the .XPR? Either that or it's something with the code.

these files are in the XPR having problems with that damn format lol had to redo some stuff so it will fit in the xpr just wait a couple of days will have a look and when the update is out should be fixed hopefully.
Big Grin

- Galactus - 2009-12-28

Love this skin! I really like the ability to change the foreground and background colors. Gives the whole thing a custom feel.

You guys have created something that will be difficult to eclipse.

- Loc2262 - 2009-12-28

Hellos!

Congrats from me too for this great skin. The huge size of the textures file promised nice graphical stuffs. Smile

I agree with "paularms" that the ripple needs a lot of CPU power and causes the whole interface to stutter on my Athlon II 2.8 GHz system.

I'm also missing the "codec info" screen while playing videos. Pressing the O key has no effect when Xperience is active; when other skins are loaded, it works okay.

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

Loc2262 Wrote:Hellos!

Congrats from me too for this great skin. The huge size of the textures file promised nice graphical stuffs. Smile

I agree with "paularms" that the ripple needs a lot of CPU power and causes the whole interface to stutter on my Athlon II 2.8 GHz system.

when the update goes out you can just disable both animations independently or just disable them altogether.

I'm also missing the "codec info" screen while playing videos. Pressing the O key has no effect when Xperience is active; when other skins are loaded, it works okay.

Been fixed you will get this when i release the update in a couple of days
Big Grin

- Loc2262 - 2009-12-28

Great stuff, thanks and thumbs up to you! Smile

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

ok here are some stuff i have fixed and added but please i need more bugs not requests to add stuff thank you.

Added network flags to filepanel view in tvshows

Fixed dialog selects label length

Added option to use static weather logo for bottom right icon

Added toggle for both animated logos ripples

Added option to disable the starburst in the background

Fixed customizations rss buttons window close

Added option to disable options text lower left

Added videofullscreen dialog

Added static weather icons and toggle in customization

Added Blu-ray string so they show the flags

and other minor changes.

- Loc2262 - 2009-12-28

Rocky5 Wrote:but please i need more bugs not requests to add stuff thank you.

Got one forya. Smile

When pressing the number keys to jump in a movie, no panel opens to show which numbers you are entering. The jump works though.

- succo - 2009-12-28

could the function to change the custom 'panel-art' in home page be changed from 'on every move' to a timed one? it's way too slow to change all the panel arts on every menu change, more and more if the arts are 1080p ones Smile

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-28

succo Wrote:could the function to change the custom 'panel-art' in home page be changed from 'on every move' to a timed one? it's way too slow to change all the panel arts on every menu change, more and more if the arts are 1080p ones Smile

Do what I do resize them.

Or mod the skin.

- Galefury - 2009-12-28

Great skin, guys, truly unique. I might switch to this one, but i'll wait a bit. The only thing I don't understand, is why when pressing "I" for info, appears the full info about a movie when playing ? The only things I want to know when a movie is playing is how much time has past, when it will finish and what hour is it. And the decision of moving that info on top of the screen is brilliant, because it doesn't cover the subtitles. Congratulations and keep up the good work.