Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- MarkTaunton - 2009-12-29

Ah but not in full detail though Wink

There is a userdata folder in program files, c:\Program Files (X86)

but there is also the C:\Users\Home Cinema\AppData\Roaming\XBMC directory.

I know with installing XBMC it allows you to pick roaming or static, I picked the default so it looks for information in the actual Users directory, rather than the main program installation directory.

- succo - 2009-12-29

i was scraping videos and simultaneously wanted to lower the volume and noticed that the volume slider went on the scraper progress... could it be doable that when having multiple progress/sliders they somehow organize themselves in the free space? i mean, all on the top, side by side, or moving the newer one down one line, as in alaska?

another thing i noticed is that somehow the keys i setup in keymap are not used anymore or are mapped to something else, don't know if it depends on something changed in xbmc trunk or from the skin, anyway i set the green button to popup lyrics but pressing it on visualization screen pulled up some kind of transparent file manager, while doing it on home (with music playing) made the settings screen pop up... is this xperience related or what? Smile

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-29

tmc701 Wrote:It may be due to switching skins and something not loading up, but I only saw the file list within the Music Videos section (enabling the 'music video' pane from settings and entering through the main menu, not through the Music library)

I'll double check when I get home later.

Ah my bad yeah Rocky5 is correct it is not there yet.

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-29

succo Wrote:i was scraping videos and simultaneously wanted to lower the volume and noticed that the volume slider went on the scraper progress... could it be doable that when having multiple progress/sliders they somehow organize themselves in the free space? i mean, all on the top, side by side, or moving the newer one down one line, as in alaska?

another thing i noticed is that somehow the keys i setup in keymap are not used anymore or are mapped to something else, don't know if it depends on something changed in xbmc trunk or from the skin, anyway i set the green button to popup lyrics but pressing it on visualization screen pulled up some kind of transparent file manager, while doing it on home (with music playing) made the settings screen pop up... is this xperience related or what? Smile

They are animated they slide along when there is another media scanner or volume is pressed also but the second part i havent a clue i dont understand what you mean you pressed I on home?.

also what version of XBMC are you using what platform.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-29

They do slide out volume should not be above anything and should look like so:

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-29

isamu.dragon Wrote:I would reccommend more views for tv shows.
Possibly the same one you use for the movies. the Tri Pannel

Tri-Panel would work for TV but we have kept the views in each section as they are for ease of use. That is not to say we couldn't add it later of course.

- stoli - 2009-12-29

Any plans to add support for the Home Theater Experience script?

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-29

stoli Wrote:Any plans to add support for the Home Theater Experience script?

Simple answer: No

- shorn - 2009-12-29

I have a minor request, For TV shows at Season level, using the Poster View, is it possible to show only 1 set of posters/seasons, rather than have them repeat over and over?
Also in this same view, in the info box which states what season it is you get a single line (i.e. a separator) below the season number. (At show level you would normally get the year one side and the genre the other.) It just looks a tad untidy.

Other than that I am loving this skin, and together with Camelot it is pretty much perfect.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-29

All good points shorn Smile

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-29

shorn Wrote:I have a minor request, For TV shows at Season level, using the Poster View, is it possible to show only 1 set of posters/seasons, rather than have them repeat over and over?
Also in this same view, in the info box which states what season it is you get a single line (i.e. a separator) below the season number. (At show level you would normally get the year one side and the genre the other.) It just looks a tad untidy.

Other than that I am loving this skin, and together with Camelot it is pretty much perfect.

Yes it is possible but it looks crap when you reach the end of the list it just jumps back to the beginning and there is no way of fixing this as the animations aren't dynamic.

Yeah Poster view was original in my eyes just for movies but it got put in at the last minute into tvshows that view is still unfinished it need fixed and different versions done for it for other sections of XBMC.

Great Work - dink06 - 2009-12-29

First up, like everyone else here has already mentioned, great skin. The time and effort you lads have put into this is much appreciated and it sure shows.

The TriPanel view is easily the best way to view my media imo and would be GREAT to have it for TV Shows too, seems like a lack of a unified interface to not have that view available to TV shows too, but I'm sure you have your reasons currently.

The ability to customise the skin as much as you can is greatly appreciated too. I'm running xperience on a stock Asrock Ion 330BD, and while it's not as zippy as confluence, the fact that I can turn off a lot of the small touches makes it much better to use.

Oh one more thing to suggest, in the TriPanel view, would it be possible to have Fan Art appear as the entire background rather than filling the list panel?

Cheers and thanks for all your hard work. I haven't noticed any bugs as of yet either!

- succo - 2009-12-29

Rocky5 Wrote:They are animated they slide along when there is another media scanner or volume is pressed also but the second part i havent a clue i dont understand what you mean you pressed I on home?.

also what version of XBMC are you using what platform.

ok, sorry Smile
System: Linux
XBMC version: r26151
what i was running was svn repo installer and it was checking the repositories... pressing volume up didn't make the progressbar slide and the volume bar went just ON the progress bar, sorry for having been 'inprecise' Smile
for the second part, i'll check if it works in other skins and, should it be Xperience-related, will post back

- theuni - 2009-12-29

2 Requests from me:

The first one is not all that exciting. I'd like to see some kind of license included with all skins from now on, and since this (and Ellipsis as well for that matter) are still in development, it seems like a good time to bring it up. All it would entail is sticking a (GPL, LGPL, BSD, public-domain, etc) license in the root folder.

2. The infopanel selected item feels wrong. Imo it could stand the new <movement> feature used in the Confluence blade, so that the selected item is allowed to deviate from the middle at the top/bottom. That would eliminate the blank space and make navigation feel more natural.

TheUni

- Galefury - 2009-12-29

Rocky5 Wrote:From line 376 to line 717 highlight and cut then on line 5 hit enter then in the space paste the code you just cut the only reason i say this is because if you don't the panel will be over the other panel.

I just tried that, didn't changed a thing. Sad I also replaced the code you posted on page 4. Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.