Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- wimpy - 2009-12-30

In music views. Would it be possible to get the text in the lists centered ? i've yet to see any information beneath artists/albums.. ?

- Ayla - 2009-12-30

Rocky5 Wrote:Two ways enable it in customization and press up on the movie panel.

Or

go to movies and press backspace twice.

Thanks for the reply.

Pressing up on the movie panel only shows the last 3 entries, I think.

I would really like an easy way to access "Recently Added Movies".

In Alaska for example, you press down on the movie panel and it shows "New Movies". Pressing "OK" then takes you to Recently Added Movies.

I'm sure many people use the recent movies view and would like a quick way to access them Smile

- wimpy - 2009-12-30

wimpy Wrote:In music views. Would it be possible to get the text in the lists centered ? i've yet to see any information beneath artists/albums.. ?

on reflection would be cool to have artist under album title if browsing albums.. and not sure if possible but while browsing artists display how many albums/songs for this artist ?

- Rocky5 - 2009-12-30

nanny07 Wrote:1) it will be very usefull indicate the "principal" language of the movie like alaska does
For example:

Not sure will say to Arc as this would mean looking where to place it.

2) is it possible to apply the "View" personal configuration for all the tv-series? Now if I set, for example, "View: Wall" for the season of Dexter and now I switch to 24's season the View is different, like "View: poster view".
I like to set a single View for all my series

This is an XBMC option or it used to be Remember views or something like that.

wimpy Wrote:In music views. Would it be possible to get the text in the lists centered ? i've yet to see any information beneath artists/albums.. ?

Will have a look but you get info on the side in Albums but not sure what info can be displayed for artist will need to check the wiki.

Ayla Wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Pressing up on the movie panel only shows the last 3 entries, I think.

I would really like an easy way to access "Recently Added Movies".

In Alaska for example, you press down on the movie panel and it shows "New Movies". Pressing "OK" then takes you to Recently Added Movies.

I'm sure many people use the recent movies view and would like a quick way to access them Smile

I will make a new panel that link to there.

wimpy Wrote:on reflection would be cool to have artist under album title if browsing albums.. and not sure if possible but while browsing artists display how many albums/songs for this artist ?

Artist is on the right hand side above the album name and for the second part not sure myself lol.
http://i50.tinypic.com/wuo0li.jpg

Big Grin

- Loc2262 - 2009-12-30

Rocky5 Wrote:you could press pause it shows current time end time and how far you are in to the movie.

Yepp... which it also does when using "ShowTime", even without stopping the movie. Smile I configured my W key to do ShowTime, it's quite useful.

- Montellese - 2009-12-30

nanny07 Wrote:1) it will be very usefull indicate the "principal" language of the movie like alaska does
For example:

As I was the one who provided the language flag for Alaska I already checked Xperience if there would be some place where it could be displayed. I didn't code anything yet but this is what I noticed so far:

Most of the views would have some space left to put the language flag. In the InfoPanel e.g. we would have to move the other flags closer together to get enough space but it would be possible.
In the TriPanel view there is not enough room for the language flag so there would have to be an option to replace one of the currently visible flags with the language flag.
In the PosterList there are no flags visible at all so there would be no language flag either.
In the Poster view the only flags visible for me are "HD/SD", rating and studio. I already wandered why there are no others visible as there would be enough space for them.

Btw if we are already talking about flags I noticed that the studio flag doesn't show in the FilePanel view in the movies section although there is some space between the rating flag and the plot. Is there no studio flag or is there something wrong that it doesn't show up?

Weather and Language Flags - MarkTaunton - 2009-12-30

I have read with interest the last few posts, and a couple have mentioned the following

1) Weather

Open your freaking window and stick your head outside? Is it wet? Then it is raining. Is it white? Then it's snowing.

I think that 90% or more of us that use XBMC and Xperience, would sooner have the tallents of Team Blackbolt put to better use and suggestions rather than to do with the weather.

2) Flags

Most of the movies that you actually want to see, E.G The Final Destination, James Bond etc etc etc are made in English.

I'm from England, I speak English, I mainly watch English speaking movies. Do I really want an icon that says that this movie is in English, or French or German?

So another wasted resource really. As soon as they start speaking I can tell if the movie is in English or French or German or which ever language.

If someone from another Country, wants to, they have subtitles that they can download and play with, the majority of us do not need to have flags to say what language this is in.

If they could program something useful to the majority of the people, I would love them to program Bill Gates pokeing his head out of the TV dropping people's local currency after all we could all do with more money.

The weather and a flag to show what language something is spoken in.

Total waste of time.

- Galefury - 2009-12-30

Thanks, guys, but stoli and sandman4sure made a mod that replaces the full screen info with a minimal one. Nonetheless, thank you for suggestions.

- tmc701 - 2009-12-30

MarkTaunton Wrote:1) Weather

Open your freaking window and stick your head outside? Is it wet? Then it is raining. Is it white? Then it's snowing.

lol. True. However, my primary use of the weather component of XMBC is for forecast conditions, not current conditions. That's why I, once a night, typically fire up Nuka's script to view the detailed forecast for the next day or two.

I agree with you that the weather isn't a crucial portion of the skin. That being said, I'm still looking forward to when Team B can apply their design chops to either extending the weather section further or skinning Nuka's script and allowing a script link on the weather page (as in Confluence)

- Grippen - 2009-12-30

I'm using it since yesterday and I really like it.

Congrats and keep up the good work.

**EDIT**

Bug Reports or Suggestions DO NOT belong in this thread. XBMCG33K

- MarkTaunton - 2009-12-30

Weather is patterned and most people can read the weather

Australia, it is the Summer months you have a 90% of sunshine, oh you can see rain clouds above you, ok so there maybe rain ahead.

Antartica, it is cold and snowy, every day for the next 250 years, we are fully booked with cold and snowy weather, even though they do have some sun in Antartica.

The weather is more a fun but useless invention on a lot of gadgets, I brought a Nintendo Wii god knows how long ago, it has hardly been turned on, only about two games has been played in it for about 5 minutes, one shop brought and one downloaded Mario.

I had more fun playing with the weather and zooming around the World and seeing what time the weather was in Sydney.

Did it actually make a difference to my life seeing what the weather was like in Sydney? Nope, I still didn't wear Hawaii shirts or sang the theme tune to Neighbours, or tie me down kanagaroo sport come to that matter.

Weather does not change like underpants, snow today, but it will be sunny tomorrow, there is a gradual change in weather, that in life you will understand.

Red sky at night, shepards delight and all that kind of malarky.

- dr01dy - 2009-12-30

Thanks team for the hard work!

**EDIT**

Bug Reports DO NOT belong in this thread. XBMCG33K

- XBMCG33K - 2009-12-30

`Black Wrote:Will you release a detailed changelog or maybe use something like github so that it's easier for modders to merge the new updates with their mods?

A changelog yes, github or svn access no.

Rocky5 Edit: There is some stuff i have changed lol but cant mind but most of the stuff you peeps has suggested has been add also changed some stuff fixed bugs has all theses in a list.

- nanny07 - 2009-12-30

About the flag question: I have a lot of film, in english (with subs) and in italian

I live with other person and not all love to read italian subs instead of hear an italian voice.
With the flag they can exclude immediately film without italian language (instead of play it and check is in english)

- Montellese - 2009-12-30

MarkTaunton Wrote:2) Flags

Most of the movies that you actually want to see, E.G The Final Destination, James Bond etc etc etc are made in English.
Funny thing: I actually have these movies in German with a secondary English audio source.

MarkTaunton Wrote:I'm from England, I speak English, I mainly watch English speaking movies. Do I really want an icon that says that this movie is in English, or French or German?
So let's calculate the amount of people living in England against the amount of people living in countries where English is no native language shall we?

MarkTaunton Wrote:So another wasted resource really. As soon as they start speaking I can tell if the movie is in English or French or German or which ever language.
Just because YOU don't need it doesn't mean that others don't need it. It may be a waste for you but if it helps the majority of users it certainly is no waste. Why not providing it as an option so every user can decide for him-/herself whether he wants to see it or not?

MarkTaunton Wrote:If someone from another Country, wants to, they have subtitles that they can download and play with, the majority of us do not need to have flags to say what language this is in.
I for one really hate subtitles because they tend to draw your attention more to the text than to what is actually happening in the movie.

Well I myself don't have any problem with what language a movie is in. My native language is German but I'm watching the majority of my movies and tv shows in English if possible (to improve it) - I even watch some movies in French. But then again not all my friends can speak and understand languages other than German as good as I do and they were delighted when I showed them the language flag I introduced in Alaska.