Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- RazorFR - 2010-01-01

I would only love to see a few changes implemented
- I think it may be more useful to access the complete library root tree (Title/Genre/Years/Actors/Recently added) from the home panel rather than just 3 recent items.
-Then, no need anymore for the library root when returning from the library. You could add the ",return" and change the back button behaviour to go directly back to home.
- When in the settings menus the esc button does not take you directly back to Home. It behaves like a back
- Replace program panel with games. Is it supposed to be a direct link with the launcher plugin? The option does not seem to change anything.

The whole UI is just stunning. Thanks a lot guys.

- asou - 2010-01-01

Awesome stuff, I for one would love to see an info pop up on the Movies wall view, and maybe Large and Small thumbs to get another row on.

- Dannydeman - 2010-01-01

I can only say that I love this skin and all it's customize options, can't wait for this skin to get to it's final stage. Till then this beta will be fine of course.

I have a question though: I wonder what the best (native) resolution is for custom home buttons? Now I use 1680x1050 BMP's, but I think it's totally unneccesary to use such big images.

- krl69 - 2010-01-01

Rocky5 Wrote:add <set>what ever your set is called</set> to each nfo that you want in that collection.

WHAT? Why didn’t you say so in the first place?!?!?! Nod

And the media manager you recommended has this function to sort by sets or folder, so there is no need to do manually editing...

Thanx a lot!! Big Grin

- &gt;&gt;X&lt;&lt; - 2010-01-01

krl69 Wrote:WHAT? Why didn’t you say so in the first place?!?!?! Nod

And the media manager you recommended has this function to sort by sets or folder, so there is no need to do manually editing...

Thanx a lot!! Big Grin

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=50348&highlight=ember

Beautiful skin love it Smile

- pecinko - 2010-01-01

Thomss Wrote:Thanks for all your hard work guys, this skin looks lovely, but I'm having an issue getting it to load on OSX 10.5.8 running the latest stable XBMC "We require skins of 2.1 or higher" or something to that effect when I try to swtich to that skin.
Is there anything I can do to get the skin to load?
tried searching, but I didn't get any useful.
THANKS!

You probably have it in additional folder:

../skin/something/xperience instead of
../skin/xperience

I'm running it on OS X 10.5.8 without a problem, on xbmc 9.11 Camelot final (check download section)

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-01-02

RazorFR Wrote:I would only love to see a few changes implemented
- I think it may be more useful to access the complete library root tree (Title/Genre/Years/Actors/Recently added) from the home panel rather than just 3 recentitems.

+1 for this. Probably by pressing up on the panel you see the three recently added items like now and when you then press right you get a list of entrys in the panel with sort by title, sort by year, ... Also I'm not sure if that's possible, when no recent items are available just show the list by pressing up.

I could imagine this going nice with the skin. At all I have tomention again that I love your skin and the only thing else that needs to be changed, is that the now playing panel shows also if nothing is playing what looks a bit odd.

- johoja - 2010-01-03

XBMCG33K Wrote:Alright we'll be adding this as well fellas Smile

Sounds good! Looking forward to the next release. Smile

EDIT: Welcome!

- LoL - 2010-01-03

D0nR0sa Wrote:....the only thing else that needs to be changed, is that the now playing panel shows also if nothing is playing what looks a bit odd.

+1 Smile

gratz on a great skin guys

- Beatzeps08 - 2010-01-03

Hey guys, thank you for your work. I really enjoy your skin, there is just one request I have.
I think the animations (window open, window close etc.) needs to be improved. What about some fading effects combined with a little zoom (Aeon has these I think).

Nevertheless, 1+ for your work!

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-01-03

Beatzeps08 Wrote:Hey guys, thank you for your work. I really enjoy your skin, there is just one request I have.
I think the animations (window open, window close etc.) needs to be improved. What about some fading effects combined with a little zoom (Aeon has these I think)

Ok, thats imo one of the requests that asks for feature of another skin. That isn't neccessarily bad but I think that esspeccially the animations are part of the specialty of this skin and should not be changed.

- paul - 2010-01-03

D0nR0sa Wrote:Ok, thats imo one of the requests that asks for feature of another skin. That isn't neccessarily bad but I think that esspeccially the animations are part of the specialty of this skin and should not be changed.
Yeh they are dead set against using mods or ideas from other skins.
Which you may or may not agree with but you have to respect team B for sticking to
there guns if everybody put in all requests then all skins would be the same(Boring).

To be honest i like it as it is as it is truly unique Just needs a few more Music viewsWink
No doubt i will get flamed for agreeing with the team:p

- blackforce - 2010-01-03

Great skin however here are a few of my ideas.

1) Be able to add more than 1 custom Panel
2) When you do add a custom panel be able to change its name rather than just the folder name. For Example iPlayer, I would like it to say BBC iPlayer.
3) When in music and it tells you about the artist at the bottom. It scrolls far to quick. Cant read it quick enough.

Great work though Smile

- jakks - 2010-01-03

Hello

Just wondering if it was possible to change the transparency of the 3rd panel in the tri-panel view in movies as this is currently what my views look like due to my movie covers

Translations needed - Rocky5 - 2010-01-03

Hi every one well i finished putting all the strings into the string.xml so here it is ready for translation by you lot.

When finished just post your translation i will update this post with what languages have been done.

Language = English
String.xml

New Languages added

Language = Danish

Language = Finnish

Language = Italian

Language = Spanish

Language = Swedish

Language = German (Quick Translation)

Language = Chinese (Simple)

Thank you in advance.

Fist part needing translated

PHP Code:
        <!-- ========================================================================= -->
        <!-- New 
entries after tranlations this is here so its easier to see whats new. -->
        <!-- ========================================================================= -->

<!-- 
Custom_Settings.xml -->
        <
string id="31412">Extensions for movie.* &ampposter.* (.tbn or .jpg)</string>
        <
string id="31180">Toggle fullscreen info (media playing)</string>

<!-- 
DialogAlbumInfo.XML AND DialogVideoInfo.XML -->
        <
string id="31229">Duration</string>
        <
string id="31230">TITLE:</string>

<!-- 
Includes_Settings.xml -->
        <
string id="31413">Enable Disable several optional features for Xperiencesuch as fanartanimations and add-on scripts.</string>

<!-- 
Xperience_Views.xnl -->
        <
string id="31404">RUNTIME</string>

<!-- 
Xperience_Views -->
        <
string id="31414">Collection</string>
        <
string id="31416">N/A</string>

<!-- 
MyVideoNav.xmlMyMusicNav.xml so on -->