Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-01-28

Any news on the update? Maybe a date? I know after the music view, but how long do you think it will take? hope maybe this week.
Thanks,
D0nR0sa

- xbmcliveuser - 2010-01-28

XBMCG33K Wrote:Press Down ...

Duhhhhh… thought I had tried every button, but guess not that one. Thanks!

- Rocky5 - 2010-01-28

D0nR0sa Wrote:Any news on the update? Maybe a date? I know after the music view, but how long do you think it will take? hope maybe this week.
Thanks,
D0nR0sa

OK like I said when a new music view has been mocked up and code in this may be a little while now as my partners had an operation yesterday on her hand so now I have to do everything take kids to nursery house work everything lol so not sure now.

- wimpy - 2010-01-28

Rocky5 Wrote:OK like I said when a new music view has been mocked up and code in this may be a little while now as my partners had an operation yesterday on her hand so now I have to do everything take kids to nursery house work everything lol so not sure now.

Take your time Rocky Smile Don't rush it and be kind to your partner, hope she is ok! Smile

- `Black - 2010-01-28

Or simply press "s" if you're using the keyboard.

Great work - alex84 - 2010-01-28

Hi from a new user =)

Just discovered the power of xbmc. When i watched the teaser video i was stuned Shocked my way to describe it "Pure awesomeness" Nod Looking forward to the release =)

- paul - 2010-01-28

alex84 Wrote:Hi from a new user =)

Just discovered the power of xbmc. When i watched the teaser video i was stuned Shocked my way to describe it "Pure awesomeness" Nod Looking forward to the release =)
Hi alex and welcome to the forums.
Xperience Beta1 is available for download from http://www.teamblackbolt.co.uk
or from
the release thread here. give it a try it is like you said "Pure awesomeness"
Ps sorry to hear Rocky about you having to take on the role of mother it's not easy doing all
the house work with a couple of rugrats chaseing you round the room, hope the wife gets
better soon for the sake of your sanityWink

- D0nR0s4 - 2010-01-28

Rocky5 Wrote:OK like I said when a new music view has been mocked up and code in this may be a little while now as my partners had an operation yesterday on her hand so now I have to do everything take kids to nursery house work everything lol so not sure now.

Oh, I'm sorry, hope she's better soon. In that case of course, take as much time as you need. Sorry that I tried to rush you. Try to relax, and hope she's getting better,

D0nR0sa

- rowan - 2010-01-29

No se va a agregar botones para juegos y emuladores?
O compatibilidad para trainers?
O va a traer una opcion para activarlos?

Not going to add buttons for games and emulators?
The compatibilidad for trainers?
Or will it bring an option to activate?

Xperience Gallery - XBMCG33K - 2010-01-30

Feel free to post how you have your Xperience set up below!

Here Is Mine:

- dyt72 - 2010-01-30

My set up. Big Grin

164 movies (155 hd movies)
32 tv shows
48 artits with many records

- shorn - 2010-01-30

Just a couple of Music Artist views, I'm working on creating thumbnails for all artists in my collection, about halfway through, only another 250 to go!

Will post more when all finished. L.O.V.E this skin!

- Excalibur007 - 2010-01-31

I have two requests. One was mentioned in the previous page and the other will probably get some upset, but I want to make my voice heard for once instead of quietly sitting by and feeling disappointed and neglected.

1.) I would like to see more views for Programs. The wall view, poster view, and others like those available for movies/pictures/etc. would be a nice option for programs as well.

2.) Most importantly, I would like to see SD support. I know this has been said before, but I wonder how many others like myself have sat by and not said anything because we thought we'd be shot down. Almost all newer skins are HD only and thus useless to me. I wanted to donate to this project early on, but didn't only because it looked like SD support would not be included. If it had been, I would gladly have donated and would have been excited to receive the early Halloween version.

It's very frustrating because I have no desire to buy an HD TV for many reasons. For one, they look horrible with all the older systems I still use. Also, why spend twice as much $$ on another TV when the one I currently have works fine. The only issue I have with it is that almost no XBMC skins support it. I'm sure you've heard all the reasons before, but I humbly ask that you PLEASE consider adding SD support to the project.

- XBMCG33K - 2010-01-31

More views for programs may very well be a possibility. HOWEVER to the second request (prepare yourselves).

We will NOT be supporting an SD version of Xperience. This does not mean sometime down the road you wont see a mod for such a request, but you wont be seeing it by any of us involved with the skin officially.

There are (this isn't meant rudely, just simply stating a fact) plenty of other skins (MC360 included) that support SD versions. Xperience just wont be one that does.

- Arcanthur - 2010-01-31

Yes I'm sorry to inform you Excalibur007, we won't be adding SD support ourselves... There are MANY reasons why, I'll list some:
  • The majority of users of XBMC I'm sure are HDTV users.
  • The amount of time new/modified code and textures would take us away from building the skin as we intended it.
  • HDTV's are not that expensive, 32" LCD 720P goes for around 400-500 these days
  • Most stores don't even sell SDTVs anymore, why cater to old tech. IE same reason they don't sell VHS Movies anymore

Also what "systems" are you referring to looking like crap on HDTV? Old Video game consoles? I have a Colecovision and NES connected to my 56" HDTV, you notice more flaws in the graphics sure, but lets be honest, these are 10-20-30year old consoles. They look crap anyway, we dont play old games because the graphics are good, we play them because they are still fun.

Also, just because something still works doesn't mean its not time to upgrade. Otherwise we'd all still be using VCRs and Record Players. Rofl

But like g33k said, all this is still not stopping someone from doing a SDTV mod, just dont expect one from teamblackbolt. Nod