Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- natew - 2009-08-20

I disagree!

Of course, I'm running 1080p, so I may be a bit biased.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-08-20

natew Wrote:I disagree!

Of course, I'm running 1080p, so I may be a bit biased.

Very true, but a handful of 1080p users does not out-weigh the mass of 720p or lower users. I do however wish I could run 1080p Tongue

- r1ctus - 2009-08-21

XBMCG33K Wrote:Absolutely not. There is NO real reason to make a 1080p version since most everyone is running 720p in the first place.
sorry about that, maybe the next blackbolt theme will support itSmile

- GrinRoth - 2009-08-21

Are you sure that most users run 720p?
I'm a 1080p user Smile

Almost every tv you can buy today supports 1080p resolutions and now with the popularity of nvida ion based htpcs such as the Asrock 330, I think the 1080p userbase is growing rapidly.

- rwparris2 - 2009-08-21

XBMCG33K Wrote:Absolutely not. There is NO real reason to make a 1080p version since most everyone is running 720p in the first place.

Next time just say you're making it for yourselves, and we should consider ourselves lucky that you're even going to release it. Wink

- Dan Dare - 2009-08-21

Is there a poll on that? Me thinks most people are running 720p, or at least on TVs anyways...

- Rocky5 - 2009-08-21

The problem is this I don't own any HTPC so the xbox gets used on my tv in 720p and XBMC on the pc is once again 720p as my monitor can only display 1440x900.

See If I were ritch and could go buy my self a HTPC or a big fancy monitor then the skin would be 1080p but am not so we all have do with 720p and there will be more people like my self that have no money than ritch.

Right now in the uk money is tight so no new stuff for me for a long time I have a family two kids and a wife so we get by with what we have so sorry to all 1080p peeps out there but it's going to be 720p.

- paul - 2009-08-21

Rocky5 Wrote:The problem is this I don't own any HTPC so the xbox gets used on my tv in 720p and XBMC on the pc is once again 720p as my monitor can only display 1440x900.

See If I were ritch and could go buy my self a HTPC or a big fancy monitor then the skin would be 1080p but am not so we all have do with 720p and there will be more people like my self that have no money than ritch.

Right now in the uk money is tight so no new stuff for me for a long time I have a family two kids and a wife so we get by with what we have so sorry to all 1080p peeps out there but it's going to be 720p.

Well said rocky5 that should shut up the 1080p users up for a day or two.
besides 720 will upscale perfectly well to 1080 and i doubt you would even dam notice the difference. I for one eagerly await this fantastic looking skin on mu 32" 720p TVSmile

- minimalko - 2009-08-21

Well you should notice the difference as 720 is about 65% of 1080

- Vampirebat - 2009-08-21

Rocky5 Wrote:Right now in the uk money is tight so no new stuff for me for a long time I have a family two kids and a wife so we get by with what we have so sorry to all 1080p peeps out there but it's going to be 720p.

i feel your pain and thats not just a UK thing im pretty sure its everywhere.

- Arcanthur - 2009-08-21

OK we're getting slightly off-topic here with the 1080p issue...

Final point, if demand is high enough, we MIGHT consider a 1080p version once we hit a final 1.0, which may be a while.

Maybe we'll do a poll once that time comes, but until then please enjoy what is being offered. Nod

- XBMCG33K - 2009-08-21

r1ctus Wrote:sorry about that, maybe the next blackbolt theme will support itSmile

Nothing to be sorry about you were clearly curious.

GrinRoth Wrote:Are you sure that most users run 720p?
I'm a 1080p user Smile

Almost every tv you can buy today supports 1080p resolutions and now with the popularity of nvida ion based htpcs such as the Asrock 330, I think the 1080p userbase is growing rapidly.

Yes I am sure, not all of us can afford 1080p anything so congrats to you but i know I'm right.

rwparris2 Wrote:Next time just say you're making it for yourselves, and we should consider ourselves lucky that you're even going to release it. Wink

One word: EXACTLY.

Dan Dare Wrote:Is there a poll on that? Me thinks most people are running 720p, or at least on TVs anyways...

There was and yes 720p users out weigh the 1080p users.

Rocky5 Wrote:The problem is this I don't own any HTPC so the xbox gets used on my tv in 720p and XBMC on the pc is once again 720p as my monitor can only display 1440x900.

No one could have said it any better.

paul Wrote:Well said rocky5 that should shut up the 1080p users up for a day or two.
besides 720 will upscale perfectly well to 1080 and i doubt you would even dam notice the difference. I for one eagerly await this fantastic looking skin on mu 32" 720p TVSmile

It will NOT upscale perfectly, it's quite a difference to be honest, but there is nothing I plan on doing about it. 720p is where this skin is being made. If anyone wants to donate the team a couple grand maybe we could afford the 1080p equipment :p

And finally what I have to say:

1080p is less than likely. I have already taken a poll when Xperience was first being designed, the answer will be the same now as it was then; there are many more 720p users than there are 1080p users. Not all of us can run out and buy the equipment needed to support 1080p.

Specifically I can barely run 720p on my monitor at the moment and the only other hardware I own that can run XBMC is an xbox, it sure as frak cannot run 1080p. So that being said, that is the end of discussion in this thread about 720p vs 1080p.

If this continues to be a debate we can just stop posting updates and pictures and ask a nice moderator or admin to close this thread altogether.

- tmc701 - 2009-08-21

...and now for something completely different...

Speaking of the shiny pictures of the upcoming skin... the pictures in the xperience media section of the team Blackbolt site have disappeared. Or is that a question for mr. blackbolt himself?

- XBMCG33K - 2009-08-22

No they were removed by me yesterday as we have a new logo and need to have pics with that instead Smile

- grupy - 2009-08-22

hope to see more updates on this nice skin...im assuming since a few members of your site run xbmc on xbox, this skin should be xbox-friendly or will a "scaled-down" version for the xbox be out as well whenever you decide to release?

anyhow, have a good weekend all!