Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- ronie - 2009-09-13

nvaia Wrote:AHHHHHH....ALASKA vs. Team Blackbolt, the fighting rages on.
in your mind maybe.
nvaia Wrote:While ALASKA is unfinished, it has the potential to be the undisputed champ.
sorry to disappoint you but, this isn't a competition so there won't be any winners or losers.
whether you like a certain skin or not is only based on personal preferences.
in the end, all xbmc skins are great and they all have their own audience.

- Arcanthur - 2009-09-13

ronie Wrote:in your mind maybe.

sorry to disappoint you but, this isn't a competition so there won't be any winners or losers.

LOL I was about to post almost the exact same thing.

- nvaia - 2009-09-13

ronie Wrote:in your mind maybe.

There's always a clear cut champ, astheticaly speaking. No need to get your panties in a bunch.

Only skin that has the potential to beat ALASKA on looks is Ellipsis...as of now.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-13

Guys seriously. Stop the tiny flame wars in this thread please. I have absolutely no problem with discontinuing any future updates on this site; people can just keep checking TeamBlackbolt.co.uk for anything else.

Keep your negative (and very uninformed) opinions to your selves.

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but coming in with guns ablaze about "another skin this" and "another skin that" does nothing but make most of you look like children.

EVERY skin is liked or disliked because of people opinion NOT because there was some frakkin contest. This is no contest, period. Each and every skin has likes and dislikes alike. (that's a lot of likes lol)

So please out of respect for those of us actually willing to bring this community a fully working skin in which WE love, stop posting negatively, or look for any future updates on our site.

- Arcanthur - 2009-09-13

XBMCG33K Wrote:Guys seriously. Stop the tiny flame wars in this thread please. I have absolutely no problem with discontinuing any future updates on this site; people can just keep checking TeamBlackbolt.co.uk for anything else.

Keep your negative (and very uninformed) opinions to your selves.

Constructive criticism is absolutely fine, but coming in with guns ablaze about "another skin this" and "another skin that" does nothing but make most of you look like children.

EVERY skin is liked or disliked because of people opinion NOT because there was some frakkin contest. This is no contest, period. Each and every skin has likes and dislikes alike. (that's a lot of likes lol)

So please out of respect for those of us actually willing to bring this community a fully working skin in which WE love, stop posting negatively, or look for any future updates on our site.

Absolutely agree with this, every skin has its own following. Everyone has different tastes, just because you like the look of one skin that doesn't mean the others arent as good looking or even better looking than others.

I'm sure some people still love the look of PMIII or PM.HD, some love Aeon, some love MediaStream, and some love Transparency. Coming in here with a very OBJECTIVE opinion like that only serves to make you look ignorant.

- paul - 2009-09-13

Sorry
XBMCG33K And Arcanarthur Blush

- Arcanthur - 2009-09-13

paul Wrote:Sorry
XBMCG33K And Arcanarthur Blush

Its OK paul Big Grin, its perfectly fine to state something as opinion, though when users come in and act as if their opinion is fact and cannot be disputed its a little more than slightly irritating.

BTW, its also OK to come in here and give some constructive criticism, that type of thing is always encouraged. Its people that say, "this sucks, or that's better" that don't add anything to the conversation.

If you dislike something, say why, or tell us why you do like something. This is one of the best ways outside users can influence designers and coders.

And as always, thanks to everyone for your support!

- natew - 2009-09-13

The one thing I still have to say is I'm still not sure how well this view fits with the rest of the skin. Especially in comparison to this. (The latter looks awesome by the way; could use some media flags though)

Smile

- zwat - 2009-09-13

the only winner of all these different skins are a bigger xbmc fanbase and make skinners think of new ideas for their skin or new projects. keep up the good work, and pls keep updating this skin even if a verry few ppl are bitchin about skinwars. i can't wait for all these skins that are in the making gets out and i can try em. u never know whats rite for you just by lookin at pictures.
peace out.

- Broads - 2009-09-13

Natew.. raises an interesting point and one that I was thinking a while back, whilst I like the squished rectangle view... sorry I dont know the name, it does loose uniformalirty when you compare against the weather, and settings screen.

The other thing I noticed from the screen shots is that the menu highlights again loose conformality between the different views and settings menus. I am only going by screenshots and these things may have changed since.

I am only saying this as you invited constructive critisism.. and just then seemed a good time to reflect.

Again don't mis read this I like the views, but If your going with a rectangle on the weather and settings view maybe it would be best to carry on with that same style and conformality? or vice versa.

Keep it up though guys I am really *really* looking forward to this.

Regards

Broads.Big Grin

Good Point - paul - 2009-09-13

natew Wrote:The one thing I still have to say is I'm still not sure how well this view fits with the rest of the skin. Especially in comparison to this. (The latter looks awesome by the way; could use some media flags though)

Smile
Good point. Not sure which looks best to be honest though the curved one looks nice the second one is easier to read and as you say would benefit from some white media flags, IMHO. But i would be happy to use either format

- Rocky5 - 2009-09-13

natew Wrote:The one thing I still have to say is I'm still not sure how well this view fits with the rest of the skin. Especially in comparison to this. (The latter looks awesome by the way; could use some media flags though)

Smile

thank you but one problem is the second one is the info screen for media (Press I) that is not a view also were not wanting to use the panels every where there is only so much you can do with panels so Arc mocked the first guide view as we call it and we went with it.

It just adds a new look to the skin as all views are panels that is the only view that isn't a panel.

also this skin is not an clone of NXE it has similarities but that's it we want to make it our own i mean the only thing that resembles the NXE is the home menu but it operates differently also the panel view are not in the NXE dashboard.

please try not to compare it to NXE directly as you will be disappointed (if you like NXE).

- Arcanthur - 2009-09-13

Yeah the Guide view is something we wanted to have to add some originality to the skin. The "squished" look is actually based on the double concave design of the Xbox360 itself, so while not directly based on the NXE its design its still influenced by it.

At the moment we're are up to 6 view types for Movies and TV shows, so there will undoubtedly be something in there to please most users.

Thanks though everyone for the thoughts.

- Broads - 2009-09-13

Arcanthur Wrote:The "squished" look is actually based on the double concave design of the Xbox360 itself, so while not directly based on the NXE its design its still influenced by it.

Knew I'd seen that shape somewhere before... :p

- paul - 2009-09-14

Arcanthur Wrote:Yeah the Guide view is something we wanted to have to add some originality to the skin. The "squished" look is actually based on the double concave design of the Xbox360 itself, so while not directly based on the NXE its design its still influenced by it.

At the moment we're are up to 6 view types for Movies and TV shows, so there will undoubtedly be something in there to please most users.

Thanks though everyone for the thoughts.
I were wondering if you were going to put other view types in other than list.
But 6 View types is Great any chance of a teaser or 2 showing some of these views Pretty please i promise to behave myself honestSmileSmile
Ps the squished look windows gets my vote because it's so different so please don't remove itSmile