Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- Arcanthur - 2009-09-14

Rather than give a preview of some of the unfinished views I can just tell you what to expect:
  • List View
  • Poster List View (more posters shown, less info)
  • FanGuide
  • InfoGuide
  • Poster View
  • Wall View

- picodegiao - 2009-09-14

One more view and I can change it every day of the week!! I'm impressed with the views we've seen so far, so these new ones are just more delicious frosting on this already killer cake.

- paul - 2009-09-15

FanGuide would that be anything to do with a fanart orientated View as i do like to see as much of the fanart as possible with minimal info. Can't wait to see what you've come up withBig Grin

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-15

FanGuide: Shows a list of the video title on the left, it is designed to show a larger fanart, includes Media Flags as well.

InfoGuide: Shows the same as above but with larger Media Flags, plot and also includes a poster, or image of the Move/TV Series/Episode.

DefaultList: This view shows 3 panels. Left panel is the list with video title, Middle panel shows plot and Media Flags. Right panel shows Movie/TV Series Poster.

PosterList: Simple shows a video title list on the first panel, 3 more panels after the list panel show posters for Movie/TV Series.

WallView: Details under development.

PosterView: Not very hard to discern, but for those of you curious it shows posters 8-9 on the screen at a time is the goal, as it isn't finished so we'll see.

- paul - 2009-09-15

Thanks for explaining that , the poster view sounds good. but i have to say i hate wall views, but thats just me.Smile

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-15

I bet once the wall view is done (even now it's unlike any other) you might like it.

- Vampirebat - 2009-09-16

XBMCG33K Wrote:I bet once the wall view is done (even now it's unlike any other) you might like it.

i have yet to see a wallview i liked so that would be awesome Smile

- ronie - 2009-09-16

i still drool everytime i see this mockup.
if you can create anything that even remotely resembles it, i'm gonna buy myself ten copies of Xperience! ;-)

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-16

The practicality of that is next to nothing. the engine doesn't handle angles like that very well. I'm not saying it's impossible but as it doesn't really fit the sleek smoothe style of Xperience I doubt you'll see anything similar.

- ronie - 2009-09-16

XBMCG33K Wrote:The practicality of that is next to nothing. the engine doesn't handle angles like that very well. I'm not saying it's impossible but as it doesn't really fit the sleek smoothe style of Xperience I doubt you'll see anything similar.

too bad, than i'll only buy nine. ;-)

- paul - 2009-09-16

It looks ok but i would imagine it's a real pig on pc resources and to be honest the best wall view i have seen is the one done by`Black For Auriga the one with the info panels.
But i'm curious to see what you guys have come up with, it will be stylish and unusual no doubt since you seem to think outside of the box....

- mfwilli - 2009-09-16

The problem with wall views for me has always been the impracticality of it. Having to browse down alphabetically, then back up, it never worked for me. Its confusing to look at it and see "3:10 to Yuma," "Alien," and "Batman" in a row with "300" "Aliens" and "Batman Begins" under each column. Never really flowed for me. To each his own though. (Hope that made sense)

- smack - 2009-09-16

mfwilli, I agree. It looks cool but the day to day use suffers unless you have children. The only wall view I have seen, liked, and used was my Kaleidescape system as it would rearrange the wal view after stopping on a movie based on genre, actors, directors, themes, etc. So if you stopped on Shrek, You would of course see Shrek 2 &3, other animated movies, Something about Mary (Cameran Diaz does voice of the Princes in Shrek) etc.) This was helpful if you were not sure what you were in the mood for but is not possible in XBMC currently.

Now with that said I could see it being a bit more useful if you could select the genre while in the wall view and it show comedy, horror, etc. since that would help narrow it down.

- natew - 2009-09-16

I actually rather like wall views, especially for browsing with a remote when you can't hold down an arrow. It lets you go farther through your collection with fewer clicks. That said I've never used one for long because I haven't encountered one that I thought looks good enough and performs well too. Aeon's wall view looks great but lags like crazy for me.

edit: Come to think of it, MediaStream's wall view is rather nice. So far it's been the best combination of looks and performance for me, but I prefer Auriga for the rest of the skin. If Xperience's wall view can perform on par with MediaStream (a bit snappier would definitely be appreciated) I would be quite happy.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-16

When we have a bit more of our ideas for WallView up and running I'll post pics Smile