Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-20

Hitcher Wrote:Me too, would you have any problems if I went that way with Alaska?

As we took great care to create something original, I am quite sure you can do even better Hitcher Smile

- mavgink - 2009-09-20

XBMCG33K Wrote:As we took great care to create something original, I am quite sure you can do even better Hitcher Smile

well that's a nice... no Smile

can't wait for this to be released. My Aeon needs change!

- marloz - 2009-09-20

No offense, but this skin seems to incorporate too much self-branding.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-20

mavgink Wrote:well that's a nice... no Smile

can't wait for this to be released. My Aeon needs change!

No? Sorry am lost on the no part, and yes your Aeon needs some changing.

marloz Wrote:No offense, but this skin seems to incorporate too much self-branding.

LOL dude I really am trying to fathom what exactly that means but I'm lost on it please explain "self branding".

LOL

- Avigrace - 2009-09-20

This skin looks beautifully designed but the XBMC Live logo in the bottom corner stands out to me. It's fine with me to take the 360's UI design and make it work with XBMC but that logo makes me think of Microsoft's console and not XBMC.

Still, the skin looks incredibly well made and I look forward to using it.

- paul - 2009-09-20

marloz Wrote:No offense, but this skin seems to incorporate too much self-branding.
So what's it meant to be branded as. If you by a ford car you expect to see there logo on it!
And so i fail to see what your problem is with the Xperience logo's.
It's a great skin with a great looking logo IMHO. like it or lump itWink

WINKS Reply - 2 Bunny - 2009-09-20

paul Wrote:So what's it meant to be branded as. If you by a ford car you expect to see there logo on it!
And so i fail to see what your problem is with the Xperience logo's.
It's a great skin with a great looking logo IMHO. like it or lump itWink

Yeah, it does look pretty nifty.

Apparently I received an infraction for posting a picture of a torn in half phonebook.

Any "window of expected release time"? A month? A six months? A year?

- 2 Bunny

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-21

2 bunny Wrote:any "window of expected release time"? A month? A six months? A year?

- 2 bunny

12/21/2012

- paul - 2009-09-21

XBMCG33K Wrote:12/21/2012
Funny Ha ha. you do know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, lol

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-21

Naw Really? <------ HeHe More sarcasm Tongue

- Blackbolt - 2009-09-21

I know what you mean, but what the guys are doing is a balancing act between a design that already exists and has influenced and inspired Xperience and the new wonderful ideas that come up while creating a project like this. Sometimes simple little elements of the original design are more impacting than you realise, the Xbox Live logo on the NXE is just part of a whole visual stage that when it is removed it looks odd, so this is probably why the guys have chosen to incorporate their own take on that logo and the part it plays in the visual make up of the Xperience home page. I think they might be adding an option to turn the logo into a clock instead for those of you who are a little too sensitive. Eek

Avigrace Wrote:This skin looks beautifully designed but the XBMC Live logo in the bottom corner stands out to me. It's fine with me to take the 360's UI design and make it work with XBMC but that logo makes me think of Microsoft's console and not XBMC.

Still, the skin looks incredibly well made and I look forward to using it.

Again same as above comment really. Its the skinners choice ultimately and that logo is obviously playing a part in the homepage. You should be able to flick it to a clock if you want to, but I think it looks really good, when you see it animated, its a cool little thing.

I'd also like to make a comment on the subject of the whole 360 inspired while still having room for creativity too. Having designed and worked on MC360 for a long time in the past I feel I'm best suited to commenting on this.

What XBMCG33K, Arcanthur and Rocky5 are doing with Xperience is very difficult and any decision they make might totally piss off a lot of people but make others happy, its this whole cloud hanging over every decision that makes making big changes or adding new things to a skin that everyone 'expects' to be a certain way stressful.

The NXE is just a guide line and if the guys where to follow the design religiously or stick to the rule of only doing things exactly as NXE then Xperience would be pointless, there'd be nothing new. I feel this was something MC360 1.0 failed at miserably, we stuck too much to the letter of the 360 and in the end we had something that while looked good and was fun to use, it was totally unoriginal and there wasn't really any personality in it, what we where doing as a team was just a technical exercise.

With Xperience these guys, thank god, are taking the NXE as a guide only and putting so much of their own personality and ideas into the skin that its almost become something totally original, I mean there's still the NXE cover flow style of menus and such, but as a whole the skin doesn't feel very 360 to me when I use it, in-fact I've got so sick of using my own skin Ellipsis while I work on it, that when I just want to use XBMC for personal use, I'm using Xperience as my default skin, its just so colourful and a joy to use.

So just bare in mind that the project doesn't have to stick to rules religiously, that's totally against what art is all about.

- Avigrace - 2009-09-21

Blackbolt Wrote:.

With Xperience these guys, thank god, are taking the NXE as a guide only and putting so much of their own personality and ideas into the skin that its almost become something totally original, I mean there's still the NXE cover flow style of menus and such, but as a whole the skin doesn't feel very 360 to me when I use it, in-fact I've got so sick of using my own skin Ellipsis while I work on it, that when I just want to use XBMC for personal use, I'm using Xperience as my default skin, its just so colourful and a joy to use.

So just bare in mind that the project doesn't have to stick to rules religiously, that's totally against what art is all about.

I get this, the beauty of this skin is that it is inspired by the NXE and not a copy of it, it's just the XBMC Live logo to me breaks this and makes me think of an Xbox 360.
But as you say, it's art and they are the artists so I can live with it. If as you say you can change it to a clock or I assume as I am on windows I won't see it anyway so it wont affect me.

PINK GRIN Reply - 2 Bunny - 2009-09-21

paul Wrote:Funny Ha ha. you do know sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, lol

No, I think he had a point.

- 2 Bunny

- XBMCG33K - 2009-09-21

2 Bunny Wrote:No, I think he had a point.

- 2 Bunny

You are right sir I was making a point.

BRIGHT IDEA Reply - 2 Bunny - 2009-09-21

XBMCG33K Wrote:You are right sir I was making a point.

I know. The point was that the skin would be released on December 21st, 2012, the date that some people believe the world will end because of a few funky coincidences. It was a coincidence that the date he named for release was the supposed "end of the world". Confused

- 2 Bunny