Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- paul - 2009-09-30

XBMCG33K Wrote:I see that many of the newer skins have larger Media Flags, Aeon, Alaska, Ellipsis, and Transparancy! all have larger media flags. It might not just be you mate but I really enjoy them the way they are.

Anyone else agree with Jezz_X?

Agreeing probably wont change anything but I'd like to know of course.
For me the size of the flags is ok as i am used to the ones in aeon auriga and there quite large. but not too sure about the flag colour have you tried it with a lighter shade of grey or even silver otherwise they look fine. ps could not do a screenshot of my library totals mod idea as my current version of xbmc won't do screenshots have tried allway's to get it to work but no joy. that's what you get for trying the dx buildsWink

- bobrooney_78 - 2009-09-30

weinerschnitzel Wrote:I'll agree, I would like to see more visual emphasis on the selected item's poster and the list. I think a transparency would do the trick for the media flags.

+1

what i would like is an option which displays only a "hd"-logo for hd-files instead of the media flags.

How many people care if the aspect ratio is 2.35:1? But maybe i am the only one which is not interested in this.

Otherwise i am looking forward to this skin. Great work!

- mots - 2009-09-30

Any chance we could get an alternate notation for aspect ratios? (i.e. 16:9 instead of 1.78:1)

Whoooo - Broads - 2009-09-30

Well,

I didn't coment earlier. But thanks for taking on board my coment about the squished rectangle. I think the new updated rectangle fits better with the overal appearance of the skin.

Now regarding media flagging. I personally have no problem with the size.

However like others have said, for me its the opacity of the flags. Toning this down a little bit would better emphasize the media itself but still have all the flaging there as XBMC33k and the others... intended.

I also tend to agree flagging screen aspects doesnt really bother me. If there was just a flag for HD or SD that would be fine for me, but then like I said I don't really use them for reference. If I want to watch a film I'll watch a film. Flagging is there as a bonus.

Keep up the jolly good work, I am still very much excited for the release.

- mfwilli - 2009-09-30

bobrooney_78 Wrote:+1

what i would like is an option which displays only a "hd"-logo for hd-files instead of the media flags.

How many people care if the aspect ratio is 2.35:1? But maybe i am the only one which is not interested in this.

+ 1

- Arcanthur - 2009-09-30

Broads Wrote:Well,

I didn't coment earlier. But thanks for taking on board my coment about the squished rectangle. I think the new updated rectangle fits better with the overal appearance of the skin.

Now regarding media flagging. I personally have no problem with the size.

However like others have said, for me its the opacity of the flags. Toning this down a little bit would better emphasize the media itself but still have all the flaging there as XBMC33k and the others... intended.

I also tend to agree flagging screen aspects doesnt really bother me. If there was just a flag for HD or SD that would be fine for me, but then like I said I don't really use them for reference. If I want to watch a film I'll watch a film. Flagging is there as a bonus.

Keep up the jolly good work, I am still very much excited for the release.

We are looking in to lowering the opacity slightly, the idea is to have them large and ledgeable, but not be a distraction, so lowering the opacity will help this.

bobrooney_78 Wrote:+1

The idea is to have a "unified" flagging experience, as as not to have all different sizes and shapes for the flags while still looking attractive, as far as not being interested in them, you can always turn them off. Wink

mots Wrote:Any chance we could get an alternate notation for aspect ratios? (i.e. 16:9 instead of 1.78:1)

There will be alternate flags included that can be easily changed.

- tassitassi - 2009-10-01

Arcanthur Wrote:We are looking in to lowering the opacity slightly, the idea is to have them large and ledgeable, but not be a distraction, so lowering the opacity will help this.

The idea is to have a "unified" flagging experience, as as not to have all different sizes and shapes for the flags while still looking attractive, as far as not being interested in them, you can always turn them off. Wink

There will be alternate flags included that can be easily changed.

Sounds great! Can't wait to try it out =)

- Kprojekt - 2009-10-01

XBMCG33K Wrote:Updated some images on the site if anyone is interested: http://teamblackbolt.co.uk/projdetails.php?id=4

Good damn sir, you're teasing us like a school girl on a first 3rd date!
This skin is looking more and more like a complete takeover for my system, I'm just salvating for a release.

I hope in the future XBMC could support more effects like frosty glass or blur effects.

Keep it up, it's AWE...wait for it... SOME!

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-01

Yeah this skin will be Legen ... wait for it ... Dary!

True Story.

- picodegiao - 2009-10-01

Doogie Howser is so dashing Nod

I can hear the theme song now........

- Jezz_X - 2009-10-02

picodegiao Wrote:Doogie Howser is so dashing Nod

I can hear the theme song now........

lol indeed any skin that reminds me of Doogie Howser has t be a bad thing Smile

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-03

Ah well you wont like Xperience Doogie is everywhere, he welcomes you everytime you start up xbmc with Xperience as the start up skin, and we have decided to remove all the fancy icons and have little pixtures of Doogie ...

- natew - 2009-10-03

I found this earlier and have to just point out how far this skin has come:

2009-02-20, 06:17

Cool

- paul - 2009-10-03

natew Wrote:I found this earlier and have to just point out how far this skin has come:

2009-02-20, 06:17

Cool
Very SlickNod

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-03

Yes it sure has, hope you guys like the new direct the skin has taken: