Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- artik - 2009-10-21

Hi XBMCG33K,

Is there a way to get a wonderful "wall" view please ?

- Rocky5 - 2009-10-21

artik Wrote:Hi XBMCG33K,

Is there a way to get a wonderful "wall" view please ?

there currently is not a wall view i removed it till i can think of a better way of doing it.

also i added in a medium frame for pictures.

- paul - 2009-10-21

Looks nice with the medium sized border.
I Can see were going to be spoiled for choice of options when this beauty is launched.CoolI eagerly await it's releaseBig Grin

- natew - 2009-10-21

Nice. Smile

- Hitcher - 2009-10-21

Rocky5 Wrote:there currently is not a wall view i removed it till i can think of a better way of doing it.

also i added in a medium frame for pictures.

That one is perfect.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-10-21

We will soon be moving this discussion to an official Team Blackbolt forum where there will be plenty more info posted than here. Keep an eye out soon.

Also anyone who has not been invited to the Alpha will have a chance to see what those who have, have to say about the skin in action!

- Rocky5 - 2009-10-21

OK so i sat this morning and done this new Wall View there is an view setting to toggle between slanted or straight view let me know what you think.

Now this may not be the final view here.

- natew - 2009-10-21

Oly damn. Nice!

I'm not sure what I think yet about the slanted wall; I probably would stick to the straight view but I'd love to have the option.

Those posters look like they could really use some type of border though--maybe just a soft white glow? Something seems a bit off with the border of the selected item too.

Everything else looks fantastic though!

- Rocky5 - 2009-10-21

natew Wrote:Oly damn. Nice!

I'm not sure what I think yet about the slanted wall; I probably would stick to the straight view but I'd love to have the option.

Those posters look like they could really use some type of border though--maybe just a soft white glow? Something seems a bit off with the border of the selected item too.

Everything else looks fantastic though!

thank you yeah the borders need work i am no graphics artist that's arcs job so when he's on he will do better ones making it look damn nice.

- paul - 2009-10-21

Slanted wall view gets my thumbs up(though wether my pc would cope or not is another matter)Wink

Now Playing - kurtwarwick - 2009-10-21

Hey all,

My first post here... And i must say that I am very very excited to get my hands on this here skin! Damn! Smile

I just wanted to know if this has been attempted before (As seen in WMC) :

Having albums arts behind the Now Playing art with now playing info etc. And then every couple of seconds a random art will flip and change to a different one. I know this may be asking a lot but if its at all possible then this is one thing i miss in XBMC and its the 1 thing that always pulls me back to WMC.... Confused

EDIT : Also what could be an idea which also happens in WMC (The newest one : WIN7) is that the "wall" of album arts don't randomly change... the whole wall slowly moves down and basically never ends. I am not entirely clued up on skinning for XBMC but would it not be possible to do the same as a wall view (randomly sorted) and then disable it (If that's possible) and stick the now playing stuff on top of it.... Just an idea

Sorry for my ramblings... Smile

- seedzero - 2009-10-21

kurtwarwick Wrote:Hey all,

My first post here... And i must say that I am very very excited to get my hands on this here skin! Damn! Smile

I just wanted to know if this has been attempted before (As seen in WMC) :

IIRC correctly, I don't believe xbmc can have cover art right to the edge of the window in wall view mode?

- kurtwarwick - 2009-10-21

You may be right... But i am sure i remember MediaStream having the wall go all the way to the edge.

Otherwise.... and I know this may be really resource intensive... maybe it could be a bunch of multiimage controls next to eachother looping through the artwork. Will have to have a separate folder for that i guess but thats fine. And then set each one to be randomized with a different amount of time on each image. Nerd

- mfwilli - 2009-10-21

Rocky5 Wrote:OK so i sat this morning and done this new Wall View there is an view setting to toggle between slanted or straight view let me know what you think.

Now this may not be the final view here.

I'm not to keen on the slanted view, I don't really see the point of it.

But I love the layout of several posters viewable at once...although, why does it have to be a wall view? Several skins have implemented this view, and have it flow alphabetically without the "Wall View" down then up then down type progression. Soooo, can it flow left to right?

- natew - 2009-10-21

I'm pretty sure it does flow left to right. If I'm not mistaken that dot at the bottom's a scrollbar.

By the way, that slanted view's starting to grow on me a bit. And with much fewer posters than phyek's wall that everyone drooled over, it might not run too poorly. How's it compare to the straight wall on your machine Rocky? (and what might your specs be btw?)