Kodi Community Forum
Xperience Special Announcement - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Skins Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=67)
+---- Forum: Skin Archive (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=179)
+----- Forum: Xperience More (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=128)
+----- Thread: Xperience Special Announcement (/showthread.php?tid=64080)

- XBMCG33K - 2009-11-04

Pink is the new black! Team Pinkbolt!

- nvaia - 2009-11-05

Any clue what the eta is for the free versions of ellipsis and xperience?

- tmc701 - 2009-11-05

nvaia Wrote:Any clue what the eta is for the free versions of ellipsis and xperience?

Blackbolt has recently mentioned Friday December 4th 2009 for ellipsis and 2010 (or the end of the world, whichever comes first) is as close to a date as we have seen for xperience.

- Blackbolt - 2009-11-05

nvaia Wrote:Any clue what the eta is for the free versions of ellipsis and xperience?

Both are free.

- nvaia - 2009-11-06

Blackbolt Wrote:Both are free.

Eventually they will be free, as of now they are $10. I was just curious as to when we wont have to pay to use them.

- tslayer - 2009-11-06

When it is released to the public.

- Dannydeman - 2009-11-06

Well, if they really perfectionize this skin, it would be the best skin ever made. It's completely different then anything before. I'm personally a fan of the 360 menu, so this is just awesome. This skin will be huge, and the community for it will be huge as well. I expect many mods and stuff like that Smile

- Broads - 2009-11-06

Well.... as one of the alpha testers I can honestly say your in for a treat.
Even in alpha the product of the teams many hours of long work really shows the dedication and attention to details.

As with all early alpha and even betas there will be a few bugs, that's what myself and the other testers have signed up for, to help discover these and ensure that the end product is fit for general use.

If as you say you like the 360 dash, then you will love the experiance...

I don't think I've said it over on these forums, but well done team b you've done a cracking job.

- picodegiao - 2009-11-06

The few views Team B have included with the Alpha are pretty cool and unique. They are definitely the best I have seen and used. And the alpha testers haven't even seen everything yet. So this skin will definitely please many people.

- Blackbolt - 2009-11-06

tslayer Wrote:When it is released to the public.

tslayer, the guys think 2010, but with the progress they're making and myself being able to see this behind closed doors, I wouldn't be surprised if its ready before christmas.

- ppic - 2009-11-06

so will it comes with a christmas/snow theme ? Big Grin

- badmoviesnbeer - 2009-11-06

nvaia Wrote:Eventually they will be free, as of now they are $10. I was just curious as to when we wont have to pay to use them.

By "they" are you referring to the final release versions of these skins, or the internal testing builds that have been sent to the group of people that decided they wanted to join a skin development team by volunteering their time and money to the project?

If it's the former, it's not available yet. If it's the latter, those aren't $10 dollars either. Those are free to the people that have elected to be beta testers for team blackbolt.

While it may seem like these people are paying for these skins, it is much more appropriate to think they are supporting the development of (hopefully) a caliber of skin we haven't seen before.

I don't know the exact reasons why blackbolt linked donating to becoming a beta tester. Logical reasons would be that it was a simple way to keep the pool of testers manageable in a way they desire and to simultaneously get help defraying the misc. costs of the project, like having a dedicated website. Or maybe one of the devs just wanted a button on the website he could show to his wife so she would quit complaining about him spending all his time on a project he's not going to ask money for, and is currently spending his own money to develop. Or maybe they are all bums living in boxes in alleys who are great with photoshop at the library and figured this was the quickest way to some free hooch.

In my mind, the whole d-word situation basically boils down to this: They were wrongly asking on these forums, they were asked to not do it on these forums, and they stopped.

Moving forward from there, do you think we as a community should say it is never ok for a 3rd party project that works with or alongside xbmc to ask for support for their project on their own site?

To all of team blackbolt (devs, beta testers, and disgruntled wives) thanks for your work now and in the future, and don't let your work be discouraged by those who would misrepresent your intentions.

- XBMCG33K - 2009-11-06

If it is ready by then, it might ...

- nvaia - 2009-11-06

tslayer Wrote:When it is released to the public.

Wow, thanks Captain Obvious...This is why school is important kids. Most of the time people run out of things to say when asked a question, so they just throw out the 1st thing that pops in their heads. Study, learn and ask lots of questions. This way when someone asks a simple question, you are able to answer in an informative manner and not sound like you're 13 years old.

- akex - 2009-11-06

XBMCG33K Wrote:If it is ready by then, it might ...

So we'll continue hard testing it in order to report as much bug as possible soon Smile. Would be difficult as the alpha is most likely a beta for me (quite a few bug).