Kodi Community Forum
Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) - Printable Version

+- Kodi Community Forum (https://forum.kodi.tv)
+-- Forum: Support (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=33)
+--- Forum: Supplementary Tools for Kodi (https://forum.kodi.tv/forumdisplay.php?fid=116)
+--- Thread: Notify - iPhone Notification App for XBMC (send push notifications to XBMC) (/showthread.php?tid=64545)

- johoja - 2010-01-28

jackmeehan Wrote:I have the XBMC iphone app to control media etc. One of it's features is Wake on Lan. It doesn't, however, start XBMC automatically when woken. Is there any way to make XBMC run on a Wake on Lan boot only, ie not to run on every normal boot.

Could EventGhost help me out here?

Pherhaps.....I think an Event will probably be generated in EventGhost for waking up or soemthing similar..and you could assign that event to start up xbmc...only problem is that it won't know...if it was that app waking up your pc ...orr....just you waking up your pc.

If its an XBMC dedciated setup then yah..theres no problem in doing that.

- jackmeehan - 2010-01-28

I had a look, the system.resume event is generated in eventghost both when woken up manually, and when woken up over lan. There's no way to differenciate between the two.

But there must be some way to do it...

Anyone else have any ideas?

- johoja - 2010-01-29

rickardkk Wrote:That's all possible with the EventGhost approach...

Hey...

So I've added EventGhost support...BUT...I don't send the entire Notification...I only send the event...seems to work though.

i.e)

Event.SMS
Event.CallIncoming
Event.Push
Event.Mail

If I send the SMS text, body, or Phone number that's calling...it will be treated as a unique event..

Is that what you want?

Event.CallIncoming.1800222456

This way you get granular control over how EACH call gets handled...but...if you have a 100 contacts might be annoying.

Another option is ..that I could send both

Event.CallIncoming

Unless you can do like a Match on an event name in EventGhost...like a regex or something...can you?

- johoja - 2010-01-29

jackmeehan Wrote:I had a look, the system.resume event is generated in eventghost both when woken up manually, and when woken up over lan. There's no way to differenciate between the two.

But there must be some way to do it...

Anyone else have any ideas?

Well...what you could do is...generate your own event using the EventGhost Webserver....something like..Event.XbmcOn....then you could make a iPhone homescreen button for it...(bookmark or whatever its called).

You would still need to do a WOL...but then once thats done you could hit the XbmcOn icon on your homescreen...

Not the pretiest solution...but I guess it would work...I have a remote so that wakes the PC up and generates a unique event anyway somehting like Remote.Start ...which maps to a xbmc.exe call..

Hope that's helpful.

I'll be releasing 1.3 soonish...Anyone whose bought NotifyPro wanna validate that my license checking is working and not flagging people who bought it as not bought? PM me..

- Cloaky - 2010-01-29

johoja Wrote:I'll be releasing 1.3 soonish...Anyone whose bought NotifyPro wanna validate that my license checking is working and not flagging people who bought it as not bought? PM me..
I can help you with that if u still need someone.

- rickardkk - 2010-01-29

johoja Wrote:Hey...

So I've added EventGhost support...BUT...I don't send the entire Notification...I only send the event...seems to work though.

i.e)

Event.SMS
Event.CallIncoming
Event.Push
Event.Mail

If I send the SMS text, body, or Phone number that's calling...it will be treated as a unique event..

Is that what you want?

This way you get granular control over how EACH call gets handled...but...if you have a 100 contacts might be annoying.

Another option is ..that I could send both

Event.CallIncoming

Unless you can do like a Match on an event name in EventGhost...like a regex or something...can you?

Great!!!

I would be nice if text, body and phone number could be sent.
In EventGhost the user can parse the event. (That's what I do with the status from the XBMC EventServer and HTTP API)

Or if you could put it in the payload (if that's possible using the webserver)

Will there be events on pickup and hangup (call start and end)?

- johoja - 2010-01-29

rickardkk Wrote:Great!!!

I would be nice if text, body and phone number could be sent.
In EventGhost the user can parse the event. (That's what I do with the status from the XBMC EventServer and HTTP API)

Or if you could put it in the payload (if that's possible using the webserver)

Will there be events on pickup and hangup (call start and end)?

How do you parse events in EG. Can you point me to some docs ... ?

And an example of an Event with a payload.

- rickardkk - 2010-01-29

johoja Wrote:How do you parse events in EG. Can you point me to some docs ... ?

And an example of an Event with a payload.

I do it with python scripting, but there may be a plugin to do it.
Actually I'm no expert on EG by any means. Started using it just a month ago.

I think you could place an asterix when using events like you do:
Event.CallIncoming.180022245 will trigger Event.CallIncoming.*

I don't know if a payload can be placed with the webserver.

http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1930&view=previous
But maybe you could look at the code for the Network broadcaster/listener plugin
http://www.eventghost.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=724

Or you could place a # or something (in your app) to split the strings passed via the webserver. And the user could split it up with eg.event.string.split('#') in a python script.

- johoja - 2010-01-29

rickardkk Wrote:I do it with python scripting, but there may be a ....

I've pmed u. I want to stick to the HTTP method

1) I've already done it.
2) broadcast msges are limited to that subnetwork. Won't be able to do it over 3G

- jackmeehan - 2010-01-29

If you want a quick end user's opinion - What would be great is to be able to have media paused or lowered, depending on the type of media, on call income in a way that requires minimal setup and is easy to do for a person with little or no experience with EG or anything of the sort.

- johoja - 2010-01-29

jackmeehan Wrote:If you want a quick end user's opinion - What would be great is to be able to have media paused or lowered, depending on the type of media, on call income in a way that requires minimal setup and is easy to do for a person with little or no experience with EG or anything of the sort.

Once It's all done and finalized...I'll figure out how to make it easy to setup..Maybe a video .. or something.

Do you have any scripts rickardkk, that you can share as a starting point?

johoja Wrote:Once It's all done and finalized...I'll figure out how to make it easy to setup..Maybe a video .. or something.

Do you have any scripts rickardkk, that you can share as a starting point?

That would be great. Do you have an eta on the 1.3 release?

- johoja - 2010-01-29

jackmeehan Wrote:That would be great. Do you have an eta on the 1.3 release?

Soon...I'm sending it off to some testers now.

I still need to make some changes to the EventGhost portion.

But there's a lot of other changes that I want tested as well... Smile

So, what do you have in mind for the finalized initial support of EG?

Oh, and I'd be more than happy to test whatever you want tested Smile

- johoja - 2010-01-30

jackmeehan Wrote:So, what do you have in mind for the finalized initial support of EG?

Oh, and I'd be more than happy to test whatever you want tested Smile

Well..Right now I only send it a Event.Call, Event.SMS, Event.Mail, Event.Push

I think...I will start sending it.

Event.iPhoneNameOrSomeOtherIdentifier(Maybe User Defined).Call.PhoneNumber

Event.iPhoneNameOrSomeOtherIdentifier.SMS.Number.TextBody

And then..I'm going to see if I can get a basic script in EG using the evnts...I don't know much aobut EG so thats why I was hoping that rickardkk might have something.

If your interested in testing send me an email. [email protected]